By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for thunderstreak.keith

Here is a list of all the postings thunderstreak.keith has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hobbyking have a sense of humour
12/03/2015 21:47:26

they forgot the cyano debonder, stuck my thumb and first finger to an elevator once after a field repair. went home with 2 patches of orange nylon attached to them.the repair then included insulating tape to cover the holes left behind

Thread: RCME April 2015
12/03/2015 21:41:03

nice vid mark, my point about putting some 1:1 articles in was to help some of us who attempt to make a scale model from plans a little easier. I realise that it can be found online but it is so much nicer to see it in print. The articles and photos of 1:1 ships in model boats magazine were of immense help whee i was building scale boats. I have yet to see anyone objecting to them being included in the mag every month. I find these days there is far too much paper devoted to rtf planes. Surely by now everyone knows how to strap a wing and a tail to a foam fuzze? I`ve got to the point now of just ignoring the kit reviews unless it involves balsa bits and some real building.

Thread: My bank account
12/03/2015 21:15:40

fly boy contact your energy supplier as they are obligated to offer energy saving products, insulation etc. if you qualify they will make all the arrangements. also theres help on line. just google money saving expert and all the info is available on his site. have used him many times hes good

Thread: RCME April 2015
11/03/2015 12:00:08

Just received the april edition through letterbox. excellent article on the spitfire. I think more articles on the full size aircraft should be a regular. Model boats mag produce articles on full size ships every month. Its always nice to know the history of the models that everyone is building. Make this a regular for the mag please. Off now to get some reading done.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
09/03/2015 05:58:16

Ross, NOOOOOO!!! not that wonderful skyraider? surely not

Thread: Am I being cynical ?
04/03/2015 08:08:29

cymaz any chance of a link to share on f/b? lol I can see my local mp in the last 2 but not in the others.

Thread: RCM&E March 2015
09/02/2015 17:53:52

just received my FIRST of many subs. rcme. well impressed. Took up the offer of 1st 3 issues for £1 plus online digital. £12.75 every 3 months thereafter. I am so glad you split the yearly payments into 3 monthly. Prior to that I couldnt afford the 1 off yearly payment. will definately be keeping this subscription going. One thing though, went on to digital back issues and it looks to me you need to know which issue contains what you are searching for. Is there a search system on digital to look for a subject (eg search for APS 52 fs) without knowing which mag it was in?

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
27/01/2015 19:29:48

what golf joke?

Thread: Indoor 1/20th scale Curtiss F9C Sparrowhawk
27/01/2015 19:23:44

nearly forgot, weight so far 29g, and still a fair bit to do.

27/01/2015 19:01:22

covered sparrowcovered sparrowAfter a bit of a lay off I finally restarted this project. The airframe has been covered with l/w tissue and a coat of 50/50 dope. Thinned humbrol silver paint on white tissue and yellow coloured tissue was used. Wire hinges for control surfaces came from the thinnest/softest flower arrangers fake plastic leaves. The underside of the fuzzy has been left open for now as U/C, struts motor etc has to be made/fitted.Still a fair way to go and I `m not very happy with the weight so far, however it`s not meant for a scale indoor comp so hopefully it will fly and look the part. Apologies for the delay but theres been alot going on in the homefront. As for building 2 left wings, less said the better.covered sparrow

Thread: confused by special offer subscription
15/01/2015 18:24:41

I have received an email saying try the subscription at £1 for 3 issues with an option to cancel iff not happy. this includes digital / print and digital / print only. So I scrolled to rcm+e showing 3 issues @ £1 then £10.50 every 3 months. Pressed subscribe and it took me to the subscriptions page showing the 3 options. so Iff I subscribe to print and digital is that £10.50 as well as print only or digital only? (Iff you can understand my drift) It seems a very good deal but I am afraid of subscribing to print and digital for £10.50 only to find that the 3 month subscription is much higher.The £10.50 price is what is stated in the email but the subscription link doesn`t clarify this. please could you help out here? many thanks keith

Thread: fake lithium batteries
04/12/2014 09:11:24

dave that wern`t meant to be a malicious comment, it was meant to point out the main reason for posting this thread. That there are/could be other fake lithium batteries still on sale on the all wonderful e bay. just a warning about the fact that these could seriously damage your health. I myself mistakenly bought a charger for my laptop (cheap as chips is were) when I used it ,it got so hot you couldnt pick it up. I then noticed that the whole thing rattled when you shook it. I reported this to trading standards,who picked it up from me and lo and behold the ad was no longer on e bay.

04/12/2014 08:10:48

does building and flying rubber power jobs make me a bigger luddite than I already am? Besides, I wouldn`t want to see a plane I lovingly built (from plans and bits of wood) suddenly self combust in mid flight.

Thread: Sleeker single-channel model from 1968
03/12/2014 22:09:17

anyone know if i can email x list plans service please? if so whats the address? they could have it, i enquired a long time ago for a plan for the stalwart ( its an amphibious 6 wheel vehicle i used to drive in the early eighties) and i did get that one. and thanks kev b got that but i`ve lost it, could you resend please ? really want to build this 1.

Thread: fake lithium batteries
03/12/2014 21:40:38

ben the ones featured were for cannon but apparently there are others. offered at about £50 a set on ebay, not as if they were a tenner a shot. watch the programme i say its an eye opener. glad i still got my ni cd and ni mh. still not in to lekky flight (yet)

03/12/2014 21:06:17

hi all, dont know if anyone watched "fake britain" this morning (03 12 14) bbc 1 but there has been a shipment of fake lithium batteries shipped to uk. admittedly its for cameras,i phones etc but who knows what else. apparently they are being sold on e bay. best advice i suppose is to stick to reputable modelling sites to obtain genuine SAFE batteries. just a thought. the programme can be seen on bbc iplayer.

Thread: problem with my posting?
19/11/2014 17:55:51

I also noticed my posting didnt appear in the latest forum post heading. but it is showing up on the thread and the home page is still funny (overlay of text)

19/11/2014 17:53:58

hi guys, posted some more on my wanted thread re slicker 32. today at 0707hrs ish. not sure if it posted can someone check please? its a scan of the original article and a thankyou. the home page is also wierd, seem to have text overlying each other. not my computer(xp) as i have the same thing on my vista computer. can someone look into it please? do i have to repost? thanks thunder

Thread: Sleeker single-channel model from 1968
19/11/2014 07:14:37

sleeker 32sleeker 32sleeker 32

19/11/2014 07:07:53

Hi guys, 1st, thanks kev b pm sent. This little oldy has stirred a bit of interest up I see. good, as I have just received my balsa/ply/tissue bundle from the lovely girls at balsa cabin so this will be a winter build definately,providing the plan comes through. I have scanned the article (below) from the rcme mag may 1968 if anyone is interested. my .049 (currently in the front of a TOPPER) which is from my cox fledgling c/l. mini servos for rudder/elevator.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us