By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Geoff Jackson

Here is a list of all the postings Geoff Jackson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mental aberration
10/04/2017 10:10:05

BEB. My friend calls it "life's rich guano heap". Sometimes seems more appropriate!

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events 2019
31/03/2017 21:41:35

Kings Head at the foot of the Orme, by the tramway station. Great food, open fire, realales, what more could you ask!.

Also dog friendly.

Thread: Disappointing experience with RC-World in Newport.
23/03/2017 22:45:57

Sad fact is that people ie customers invariably remember the bad stuff, good stuff is the expected! I will carry on using Webbies and Airtek and 4Max because of good service and they go the "extra mile". A bad experience would send me elsewhere. Sorry KLMS also very good and of course Just Engines.

Thread: Shoreham AAIB Report Published
03/03/2017 23:04:22

Everyone's forgetting that this pilot was criticised the year before for cavalier flying at the Southport airshow. Smoke and mirrors and I know the AAIB cant apportion blame but lets see what the coroner now reports at the inquest.

Thread: Bbc2 now
01/03/2017 22:32:27

Boy was it good. Looking forward to next week.

Thread: Do you keep a log (book) ??
01/03/2017 22:29:36

Oh. Trevor - too many models. Know the problem but just can't part with them! OCD again!

01/03/2017 19:11:34

I keep one, started 7/8 years ago, just a short log. Date, which plane, how many flights and brief weather info. Also any damage picked up, changes made. If nothing else its proved to me that weather systems have changed over the years. Certainly last years number of windy days. But im sure I must be Ocd as well!

Thread: Availability of RCM&E binders ... ??
28/02/2017 15:48:33

Thanks Beth. Im also sorted now. Website showing "in stock" now. One in the post to me.

28/02/2017 12:06:53

Disappointing after all the ringing round!

27/02/2017 21:19:27

Thanks Beth. Greatly appreciated but does everybody else know? Is it worth a mention in RCM&E itself?

27/02/2017 17:08:27

I'm having the same problem. Being passed from pillar to post on Mytime Media, Traplet and Myhobby Store. Why the problem RCM and E?!

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
24/02/2017 22:54:44

If you want colour reference then Bf110 in Colour Profile 1939-1945 is a superb book by John Vasco and Fernando Estanislau. This is a Schiffer Military History book and worth every penny if you want to know about Bf110s. Not cheap but the colour plates are exquisite.

Have got the Dynam electric "Waspen". Also have LA7 still under construction. Keen to see Warbirds 110 - sucha graceful aircraft.

Thread: Any Electricians Out There
21/02/2017 22:21:40

As a plant electrician in thepastand having a17th Ed leccie working for me till I retired last year, cookers should be on a seperate circuit and MCB/fuse, not on a ring main and in heavy duty twin and earth cable. Putting em on a ring is a lazy way and could invalidate home insurance IMO.

Thread: AIRTEK HOBBIES Products
18/02/2017 19:00:21

Superb, delivery, service and products. Also worth a visit for anatter and browse. Lovely part of the country, near to Last of the Summer Wine town!

Thread: Horizon Hobbies
16/02/2017 17:48:27

My Hitec Aurora9 went back via Steve Webb and was returned about a weeke later with a phone call from Perkins offering me a set up talk through if I was having problems. They found no problem and there was no charge - excellent! Had it 2 plus years now and no problems. Am now going to try an Ikonic receiver from Airtek, much cheaper than the Hitec Optima receivers. I also run FrySky with my Futuba FF9 and again absolutely no problems.

Thread: Water plane Floats
12/02/2017 20:13:52

C'est la vie. Not many free lunches these days.

12/02/2017 18:20:45

Percy, Don't recall seeing the name on the rescue dinghy. Titanic of any number is pushing optimism! The new Pooley Bridge looks good.£5 membership for 5 weekends is peanuts in the scheme of things for joining the Windermere guys. Campsite is good value as well and we cantake our little Border Terrier - hes part of the family.

12/02/2017 15:31:48

Hi Percy, look forward to meeting up perhaps. I was impressed by the site and the guys were very friendly. They also have a recovery dinghy! Might save me the cost of a pair of waders!Pooley Bridge looks very nice too.

12/02/2017 10:38:10

Tony, Thanks for that link. Great for me as I.m building Great Planes floats for a Seagull airframe.

12/02/2017 10:33:43

Hi Percy, Last September was my first visit believe it or not! I went J40 and then Pooley Bridge, lovely route and pretty quick.

Left it late in life but trying to get as many disciplines in as I can before the Great Examiner comes calling!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us