By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Geoff Jackson

Here is a list of all the postings Geoff Jackson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Water plane Floats
11/02/2017 19:42:00

Hi , I'm in South Manchester, fly with Tyldesley MFC.

Cheers, Geoff

11/02/2017 18:16:56

Hi CARPERFECT, Wont be at the March meet - too cold for camping! Hoping to do the whole April weekend. Hopefully meet up n have a chat n a brew.

10/02/2017 18:05:58

My Funky Cub has a 15cc Evo petrol so plenty of oomph. I visted Ullswater for the last meet of 2016. Coldbut lovely day - enjoyed the company and the flying and recced the campsite at same time. ( missus got a day out n a pub dinner as well!)

10/02/2017 10:13:05

My FUnky Cub is slightly bigger and I got Great Planes 60 size floats off ebay. I can tell you they are a significant build, mostly in ply, very strong double ply keel and they are 44 inches long! I too joined the Windermere guys this year and hope to fly this summer. Ullswater is stunning and looking forward to the camp site.

Thread: Steve Webb Models
04/02/2017 16:50:34

Yep. Second all the above. 40 minutes from me . Usually go with a couple of mates once a month or so, have lunch in a local and spend too much at Webbies. Great people, great service.

Thread: Now what
02/02/2017 17:28:12

As above. Klasskote from Fighter Aces. Phil is very helpful. Got my Lavochkin Russkie colours from him including catalyst, thinners, primer etc.

Thread: Lavochkin La7 - Warbird Replicas Kit
25/01/2017 10:10:29

Got me going now as I have a half finished one in the workshop. There are some good reference books on the 5,7 and 9 available with good colour illustrations and the kit was covered in RCM and E in July 2003.

Thread: PSSA group visit to RAF Cosford Museum
21/01/2017 23:21:33

For info Cosford has some new arrivals from RAF Hendon while they re-develop. ME109 and Lysander and others.

Thread: Confessions of a Bodger
21/01/2017 21:13:27

Absolutely BEB and Donald! Just watch Captain Slow rebuild a Suffolk Punch lawnmower - brings tears to the eyes.

My apprenticeship taught soldering, cable looming, repairing, fault finding - not box changing. I love reclaiming things including broken planes. We can learn a lot from old fashioned (so called) economics

21/01/2017 20:21:53

I am a Bodger and proud of it ! I have a workshop full of reclaimed "stuff" that might come in handy one day and regularly does. My son who is a IT junky and gadget wizard is also a consumer nightmare. If its broken, junk it and buy a newer model, struggles with a puncture on his bike!

I also have a Thule roofbox and it is truly beautifully made.-but thats the magic of the modern production line, making lots of em to exactly the same standard and quality - but it costs!

Thread: The lunch time debate
20/01/2017 17:37:55

Hey, apart from us retired geysers who gets an hour for lunch! They never had it so good.

Thread: LMA v BMFA insurance
18/01/2017 16:00:18

I pay £33 a month for my car insurance, I dont moan because its essential and the law. Id cheerfully pay £33 a year to the Bmfa just for insurance, for the peace of mind when my 72 inch petrol powered missile is hurtling round the sky. Lets get real guys, insurance is a must in these days of litigation. Everything else is a bonus and like breakdown cover we pay and hope never to have to use it. The NFC will be there, a bit like Goosedale was, if I fancy a visit although age may be against me.

Bit like EU referendum, its happened, stop moaning and lets get on with it, enjoy the flying!

Thread: Once upon a time...
14/01/2017 23:04:19

Fully automatic - "nothing can go wrong, can go wrong, can go wrong..............."

Thread: Info needed on D H Rapides in Cornwall please.
14/01/2017 20:24:56

Try the archives at Flypast, one of Key Publishing magazines. I believe the airfield was "St Just" back then or maybe a similar name. I flew to the Scillies on a BEA seaking in '71 from Penzance and a Rapide was still doing pleasure flights then from Lands End I believe.

Thread: BAT-SAFE
12/01/2017 16:55:47

Might be bulkier but I'll stick with an ex Army ammo box that cost £10!

Thread: Servo Shop, Toni Clark and Ashford Model Supply Centre
11/01/2017 16:51:50

Thumbs up from me as well for all the above. No worrying about wharehouses in different countries and the unknown postage mysteries!

Thread: The new Spektrum DX6E tranny
07/01/2017 10:02:52

Just bought one for playing with a mini multi rotor on DSMX. So far im impressed with its easy use. Ordered a lipo for it but being told March before in stock! Before anyone shouts the drone is for indoors with the grandkids! Im a fixed wing oily hand man rest of the time.

Thread: JR closing down?
01/01/2017 19:37:40

I agree with Andrew Ray. Its the first of Jan for God's sake. Lets be a bit optimistic please. I have never had so much gear in my life as now and at very reasonable prices. Back in the late 60s early 70s I struggled getting stuff and paying for it, often looking for S/H gear. I still have Futaba but with FrySky gear attached and I have an Aurura 9 witha lot of Hitec gear. I remeber getting excited when I got a Futaba Gold set second hand years ago - thought it was the dogs doodahs at the time !

Lets look forward. Lots of good stuff going to happen. Shove the doom and gloom.

Thread: Hanger 9 carbon cub.
31/12/2016 19:14:30

Evo 15 works well in Seagull Funky cub. About same size as Carbon Cub.

Thread: Help with a Laser ID
31/12/2016 09:47:08

Thanks Jon. I knew the previous owner well, now sadly deceased and the engine was run rarely but I had no idea it was as old as the nineties! I will try it in my test bench and then get in touch again. Many thanks for your rapid response.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us