By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Geoff Jackson

Here is a list of all the postings Geoff Jackson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Water plane Floats
11/02/2017 18:16:56

Hi CARPERFECT, Wont be at the March meet - too cold for camping! Hoping to do the whole April weekend. Hopefully meet up n have a chat n a brew.

10/02/2017 18:05:58

My Funky Cub has a 15cc Evo petrol so plenty of oomph. I visted Ullswater for the last meet of 2016. Coldbut lovely day - enjoyed the company and the flying and recced the campsite at same time. ( missus got a day out n a pub dinner as well!)

10/02/2017 10:13:05

My FUnky Cub is slightly bigger and I got Great Planes 60 size floats off ebay. I can tell you they are a significant build, mostly in ply, very strong double ply keel and they are 44 inches long! I too joined the Windermere guys this year and hope to fly this summer. Ullswater is stunning and looking forward to the camp site.

Thread: Steve Webb Models
04/02/2017 16:50:34

Yep. Second all the above. 40 minutes from me . Usually go with a couple of mates once a month or so, have lunch in a local and spend too much at Webbies. Great people, great service.

Thread: Now what
02/02/2017 17:28:12

As above. Klasskote from Fighter Aces. Phil is very helpful. Got my Lavochkin Russkie colours from him including catalyst, thinners, primer etc.

Thread: Lavochkin La7 - Warbird Replicas Kit
25/01/2017 10:10:29

Got me going now as I have a half finished one in the workshop. There are some good reference books on the 5,7 and 9 available with good colour illustrations and the kit was covered in RCM and E in July 2003.

Thread: PSSA group visit to RAF Cosford Museum
21/01/2017 23:21:33

For info Cosford has some new arrivals from RAF Hendon while they re-develop. ME109 and Lysander and others.

Thread: Confessions of a Bodger
21/01/2017 21:13:27

Absolutely BEB and Donald! Just watch Captain Slow rebuild a Suffolk Punch lawnmower - brings tears to the eyes.

My apprenticeship taught soldering, cable looming, repairing, fault finding - not box changing. I love reclaiming things including broken planes. We can learn a lot from old fashioned (so called) economics

21/01/2017 20:21:53

I am a Bodger and proud of it ! I have a workshop full of reclaimed "stuff" that might come in handy one day and regularly does. My son who is a IT junky and gadget wizard is also a consumer nightmare. If its broken, junk it and buy a newer model, struggles with a puncture on his bike!

I also have a Thule roofbox and it is truly beautifully made.-but thats the magic of the modern production line, making lots of em to exactly the same standard and quality - but it costs!

Thread: The lunch time debate
20/01/2017 17:37:55

Hey, apart from us retired geysers who gets an hour for lunch! They never had it so good.

Thread: LMA v BMFA insurance
18/01/2017 16:00:18

I pay £33 a month for my car insurance, I dont moan because its essential and the law. Id cheerfully pay £33 a year to the Bmfa just for insurance, for the peace of mind when my 72 inch petrol powered missile is hurtling round the sky. Lets get real guys, insurance is a must in these days of litigation. Everything else is a bonus and like breakdown cover we pay and hope never to have to use it. The NFC will be there, a bit like Goosedale was, if I fancy a visit although age may be against me.

Bit like EU referendum, its happened, stop moaning and lets get on with it, enjoy the flying!

Thread: Once upon a time...
14/01/2017 23:04:19

Fully automatic - "nothing can go wrong, can go wrong, can go wrong..............."

Thread: Info needed on D H Rapides in Cornwall please.
14/01/2017 20:24:56

Try the archives at Flypast, one of Key Publishing magazines. I believe the airfield was "St Just" back then or maybe a similar name. I flew to the Scillies on a BEA seaking in '71 from Penzance and a Rapide was still doing pleasure flights then from Lands End I believe.

Thread: BAT-SAFE
12/01/2017 16:55:47

Might be bulkier but I'll stick with an ex Army ammo box that cost £10!

Thread: Servo Shop, Toni Clark and Ashford Model Supply Centre
11/01/2017 16:51:50

Thumbs up from me as well for all the above. No worrying about wharehouses in different countries and the unknown postage mysteries!

Thread: The new Spektrum DX6E tranny
07/01/2017 10:02:52

Just bought one for playing with a mini multi rotor on DSMX. So far im impressed with its easy use. Ordered a lipo for it but being told March before in stock! Before anyone shouts the drone is for indoors with the grandkids! Im a fixed wing oily hand man rest of the time.

Thread: JR closing down?
01/01/2017 19:37:40

I agree with Andrew Ray. Its the first of Jan for God's sake. Lets be a bit optimistic please. I have never had so much gear in my life as now and at very reasonable prices. Back in the late 60s early 70s I struggled getting stuff and paying for it, often looking for S/H gear. I still have Futaba but with FrySky gear attached and I have an Aurura 9 witha lot of Hitec gear. I remeber getting excited when I got a Futaba Gold set second hand years ago - thought it was the dogs doodahs at the time !

Lets look forward. Lots of good stuff going to happen. Shove the doom and gloom.

Thread: Hanger 9 carbon cub.
31/12/2016 19:14:30

Evo 15 works well in Seagull Funky cub. About same size as Carbon Cub.

Thread: Help with a Laser ID
31/12/2016 09:47:08

Thanks Jon. I knew the previous owner well, now sadly deceased and the engine was run rarely but I had no idea it was as old as the nineties! I will try it in my test bench and then get in touch again. Many thanks for your rapid response.

Thread: How many flyable models do you have?
30/12/2016 16:25:53

10 that could goafter a charge. 1 getting a new petrol motor, 1 scale been building for 3 years, 1 nude electric being covered, small Aldi heli to keep grandkids amused and an Inductrix drone I won in this years club dinner raffle. Cost me a bit to get a DSMX trannie to get that going though!

I think some of us may have more serviceable aircraft than the RAF!

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!