By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly-navy

Here is a list of all the postings fly-navy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tiger Moth Manufacturer
25/05/2018 15:42:57

I believe the best way to identify the Premier kit is the rudder tip is very uncharacteristic for a Moth, ie too pointed.

Thread: Specsavers.
09/05/2018 20:44:34

Went to the Royal today for diagnosis,I have AMD which can be improved with injections, as we are off to Scotland tomorrow for couple weeks managed to squeeze me in for first injection, as people said I was worrying over nothing, need two more at monthly intervals. Staff were absolutely wonderful, a credit to themselves and the NHS, cannot praise them enough.

Thank you all for comforting words and putting my mind at rest, car loaded, madam in bed snoring, M6 here we come.Isle of Bute for a week then mainland for Lomond for another week,safe flying and calm winds guys. yes

04/05/2018 00:31:25

Thanks for heads up OG re the parking, daughter is taking me with wife in tow to hold my donny. Agree with what you say about Kiddy, have taken my brother a couple of times for treatment, excellent service. Off topic for OG, had supper last week in Merchants restaurant, pensioners special, lovely it was.smiley

03/05/2018 13:16:23

Thanks for comforting words chaps. Had a reply from hospital today re my query. They said my vision will only be impaired 1- 4 hours after the procedure and cannot see any reason why I can't drive to Scotland the next day. Whhheeeyyy, with their response and your words I'm a different bloke today.

Thanks again.yes

02/05/2018 23:45:47

Went to opticians last week for annual review, oh dear, said I had had a bleed in my left eye which had left some blood between two layers back of my eye. Said it needs sorting, I said how medication, oh no need an injection into your eye. Appointment come thro for Worcester Royal next Wed, not looking forward to that at all.

Supposed to be driving to Scotland next day for first of our holidays, bricking it I am, bricking it.crying

Thread: David Vaughan
09/03/2018 00:46:52

Sad to hear this. Was hoping to meet him one day to show him the restoration of his 1/4 scale SE5A which I have tried to bring back to it's former glory with my limited ability, tis nothing like the past master did but I have tried. He only lived down the road and it is one big regret I never made it. RIP sir,I can see why you were so admired as a builder and designer..

Thread: happy christmas
24/12/2017 19:06:54

Merry Christmas from me also, looks like WIP on your fibre glassing then Pete .😁

Thread: SM Services powersave
28/10/2017 22:21:46

Thank you Martin, most helpful and appreciated.

John

28/10/2017 21:18:19

Thanks for reply gents.

Jack it has powersave on the unit, servos plug into one side bank of connectors, opposite bank go to rx.Separate battery and switch to this unit and usual battery and switch to rx so if this battery fails the other one kicks in.

John thanks for that will have a look.

Can ask some of my mates at Gaydon tomorrow.

28/10/2017 20:39:38

Would anyone happen to have the instructions for one of these that they could scan/copy please. Purchased model with one of these fitted and been messing about haven't I, all seems to be working ok but need to be 100% sure. Any costs incurred will of course be reimbursed. TIA.

Thread: Marutaka Ju87B
21/10/2017 22:22:54

Your usual neat and tidy build young "Steph", pleased to see you back in shed and sharing.

Wish I could get motivated, this blooming wind we have been having most of the year I look outside and think whats the point of building anythingsad

Thread: BMFA NEWS
27/09/2017 19:24:10

It's just the same as folk moaning about having to sit and watch that load of carp on tv, leave the room or turn it off. If folk do not like the magazine recycle the blooming thing, I put mine in the docs surgery waiting room when I have finished and do notice it getting read. Not everything in it is for me, helios, drone etc.I do appreciate though a lot of people doing their very best to make a meaningful contribution to our hobby and think they deserve our appreciation, I'm very long in the tooth and do not totally agree with all this electric writing, personally I enjoy reading my mag down the garden with a cup of coffee, each to their own, we all have opinions bit like Marmite isn't it!

Through reading the issues I am thinking of FF build, it looks interesting and a challenge and something I would never have contemplated in the past. DD says he's only in his fifties but looks eighty cheeky

Thread: After 30 years of marriage
13/09/2017 20:23:59

Whoops double post blush

Edited By fly-navy on 13/09/2017 20:25:21

13/09/2017 20:23:57

That could be the "Driftwood" Erfolg, know a bit about Cornwall don't Icool, but to be honest I love my green Worcestershire yes

13/09/2017 18:36:56

Blunsdon, isn't that the original home of Flair and Mr Dudley P.?

Thread: VQ Hawker Hurricane rework
13/09/2017 16:46:35
Posted by Walts on 13/09/2017 09:57:56:

All finished apart from sorting out the flaps that seem to have gone a bit wonky during the storage years!

20170912_172906_hdr.jpg

20170912_174634_hdr-1.jpg

20170912_174605_hdr-1.jpg

I see you ain't lost yer touch Ian, stunning mate, proper job lad yes

Thread: After 30 years of marriage
13/09/2017 16:43:26

Re the best place to live Erfolg is your home and where your family are. Without any restrictions of all the places I have been it would be Singapore as was 40 odd years ago.

13/09/2017 16:37:57

I believe Cymaz lives up the road St Austell area. Certainly can't beat the surf here with those Atlantic rollers pouring in on the backend of Irma. Staying in The Unicorn, do you think you might be getting mixed up with Perranporth re the pub on the beach, The Wateringhole?

11/09/2017 23:50:05

Congratulations Cymaz, 51 years us and I still believe I'm the gaffer, yeah dream on sunshine.

If I had known would have gatecrash the party as we are in our 2nd week in Porthtowan, bloody wind do you ever get to fly down here 😆

Thread: Festival of Flight
20/08/2017 01:15:53

Had enough last year listening , Weston Park  this year ended up turning my aids off as I was constantly saying for lords sake shut up for ten minutes. Sounds like I will need to turn them off again Sunday.

Edited By fly-navy on 20/08/2017 01:16:22

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues