By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ultymate

Here is a list of all the postings Ultymate has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sheared cheap prop bolts.
27/05/2018 06:16:15

Usually caused by a wooden prop over compressed and not re-tightened, once loose the rotational shear stress leads to the inevitable no

Thread: Flying a Turbine
12/05/2018 09:57:45

Yep I'm of same opinion, judge the pilot before any restrictions get put on, large petrols, large scale tricky to fly stuff, small quickies that go like a bat out of hell etc etc. Some B flyers about, you wouldn't like to be near on a field.

In this case you must surely worry about the veracity of the examiners that gave the flyers their "B" certificates in the first place

Edited By Ultymate on 12/05/2018 09:59:54

Thread: Own Design 2m F3A Model
05/03/2018 11:24:42

After Nath it went to a guy called Craig who has it mothballed oh and it's had a colour change apparently

05/03/2018 08:57:47

Have a thing about orange Dan ???

dw giles.jpg

Thread: Pedantic
26/02/2018 14:22:56
Posted by Don Fry on 26/02/2018 14:16:35:

Often wondered, but is this forum's David Mellor a namesake, or the David Mellor, ex Conservative government minister known to do erotic things to ladies toes, back in the day.

That's pedicure

Thread: Own Design 2m F3A Model
13/02/2018 06:20:05

If you're going to try a prop on that motor Dan, don't overload it they love to rev and sadly they love nitro

12/02/2018 12:37:28

Coming along great Dan ! A buggy 21 will turn a prop if you can cobble up a prop driver, I did it with an OPS when I was racing buggies

09/02/2018 12:50:13
Posted by Dan Workman on 09/02/2018 10:25:58:

Hi Brian how are you? Yeah doing a bit of f3a, this will be my second full year. I used another own design last year, it flew well but not as well as a Krill Spark i had so it never got used!

Dan

I'm fine thanks Dan too old for all the travelling that goes with competing but still enjoying my flying. I'm sure given your experience in aerobatics you'll do OK

09/02/2018 09:59:37

Hey up Dan, how you doing? having a bash at F3A are you ?

Thread: Re: Death of IC
03/02/2018 14:01:48

It's degenerated into the usual tit for tat argument where everyone thinks what they do is best which was almost inevitable when the author typed in the title at post#1

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
17/01/2018 16:55:54
Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 17/01/2018 15:30:23:

" especially if you bump the rudder in your efforts to open the throttle"

The Joys of mode 2 flying ?

Thread: Photo manipulation by George Paterson
24/12/2017 10:16:27

Here's one I did earlier

img_0197wm.jpg

hawfinalswm.jpg

Thread: Recycle Petrol How?
24/12/2017 10:05:56

The only way I can see you not using exhaust pressure is to go to an electric pump like this Pump. I am of course assuming you've tried running your engine without pressure. The above pumps do work as a friend of mine has one on a inline 4 cylinder OS that he converted to petrol. Sadly the carbs fitted to glow engines are little more than dripping taps

Thread: Model flying photos you're proud of
17/12/2017 17:01:34

Brian Brassey's Yak 3U a friend from Deeside MFC shot back in October

img_5255bwm.jpg

Thread: P.A.W. 1.49 plain bearing - can't adjust compression
15/12/2017 19:53:10

When team racing I used to remove the standard "T" comp screw and replace with an allen socket screw , high tensile and sometimes a lock nut very easy to adjust with a long "T" handled allen key although once you got an optimum setting at the beginning of a days racing it was seldom that further adjustment was necessary unless there was a large change in ambient temperature. Here's a picture of an MVVS 15 in a Goodyear profile racer of mine that was modified this way

mv1.jpg

Thread: Goldwing RC Corvus 60cc ARTF for electric set up
10/12/2017 17:13:30

As usual liking your build Adrian, but I've seen one thing which I'm not over keen on, which is where you say "oh he's here again". The thing I don't like is your rudder 3"+ output arm using plastic splines. I've done this once in the past and had said plastic splines slip whilst flying some snap rolls which left me to deal with a massive amount of rudder "trim"which made for a very tricky return to base. Ever since I've used metal arms on rudder outputs as with such a long arm you are applying massive amounts of torque to those plastic splines. keep up the good work

Thread: One for the Jet Jocks
28/11/2017 09:05:35

A brilliant video whatever your interests

Thread: Hitec Servo's
25/11/2017 15:26:25

Have used dozens over the years without problems. The karbonite gears are a known no-no on petrol models as the vibrations tend to shatter the karbonite

Thread: Pilot RC Sbach 100cc
21/11/2017 18:03:23
Posted by john stones 1 on 21/11/2017 17:07:19:

Looking good Rich. yes

Had the chance of an Sbach recently with twin in it for a really good price, too big for my car though. sad

Nah, cars too small for your S bach

21/11/2017 08:45:09

A word of warning, about a week ago my DLE 120 sheared the four 5mm counter sunk set screws that hold the engine to the metal plate that then mounts to the said plate to the bulkhead via the standoffs with 6mm bolts. I was doing some 3D tumbling at the time which does I know induce fairly heavy gyroscopic loads, any way as I flew out of the tumble I was aware of a distinct change of note from the model and found that the throttle was jamned at nearly full throttle thanks to the engine moving forward in the cowl so had to promptly kill the ignition and land dead stick. I overshot the strip and took out my landing gear but repairs will not be too difficult.

The said countersunk bolts may look like they are high tensile but they are not as I drilled the remains of one quite easily, also the allen key socket is very small in them so making it difficult to give them a little more tightness and they could be longer as the holes in the rear of the crankcase are considerably deeper than the supplied bolts

I don't think I can go to bigger diameter bolts but will definitely be using high tensile bolts longer in length and not of the countersunk variety

P.S. enjoying your build thread

Edited By Ultymate on 21/11/2017 08:47:18

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us