By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for bees

Here is a list of all the postings bees has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Flair products
10/11/2016 21:17:28

Could put some pictures on but really no difference to what the other guys have posted on various threads on this forum.

10/11/2016 21:04:19

Have not posted for a while but thought i would let you guys know how iam getting on. All wings are now completed and now on with the ailerons and would also like to say that this kit is top notch regarding fitting of all parts.

04/09/2016 22:01:51

Just about finished my Elan glider and with nothing to do decided to start my Moth. First impressions regarding the kit is that it is nicely packed and the laser cutting is also very good and the parts just needed a sharp knife to remove them from the sheet which i think is okay because i once had a kit where the laser cutting was too good meaning that once you handled the sheeting the lot fell out. Anyway i have completed the rudder and almost finished the tailplane,elev and then probably start on the wings next. best regards Glen

31/08/2016 20:14:29

Almost did but put temptation to one side and ended up just with the instructions to read. I think this will be a challenge this coming winter as i have not built from a kit for a while and certainly not a bipe, most have been ARTF models. I have being flying electric for a few years now but after watching a few videos on you tube iam tempted to stick a 4/stroke in sounds nice.

31/08/2016 19:05:41

Ordered yesterday, received my Cirrus moth this morning thats what i call fast service.

30/08/2016 20:12:16

At last i have made my mind up and gone for the Cirrus Moth. I ordered this morning so looking forward to starting on this build so most likely be asking a lot more questions regarding the build. Just got to finish off my Elan glider first. Thank for all your help regarding this matter. Glen

Thread: Soldering station.
29/08/2016 20:08:03

Pretty sure i have damaged the tip. I have used sandpaper to clean the tip which brings out the copper in the tip and i can get around 3/4 bullet connectors soldered before it goes black once again and the solder just rolls of the tip. Will try and source another tip. best regards Glen

29/08/2016 11:40:21

I have seen a 100w iron in Maplins, would this be hotter enough. Thank you

28/08/2016 20:32:59

Just wondering, regarding soldering undercarriage what size iron are we using. thank you.

Thread: Soldering station.
28/08/2016 20:04:44

Thank you for your advice. At the moment i have a 75w iron but i think i have ruined the tip by constant cleaning with sandpaper as i find i cannot seem to tin the iron due to the solder not sticking to the tip and also the tip constantly being blacked at lot. Never been able to do constant soldering reasonably well hence the idea of a decent soldering kit. Regarding soldering piano wire , i have seen a 100w iron in Marlins, would this be good enough . thank you.

28/08/2016 17:56:34

Hi, Can anyone recommend a decent soldering station with temperature controlled iron and accessories which i can use for small jobs but can be used for soldering piano wire such as cabine struts and undercarriage. Thank you

23/08/2016 20:55:19

Thanks Trevor, Steve webb got back to me to comfirm that they have the Flair SE5A in stock. Although i like the Sopwith Pup It looks like there is a struggle to get lipos in due to the short nose so iam leaning towards the SE5A at the moment.

22/08/2016 20:50:13

Well that puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Looks like Steve webb still has the SE5A in stock but sent them a email to make sure. Pegasus models has a slightly larger sopwith Pup from Busa in stock has well. Must admit i do like the pup and i did remember reading another blog that the BUSA Pup did fly well. Decisions,decisions.

Edited By bees on 22/08/2016 21:03:23

Edited By bees on 22/08/2016 21:04:16

22/08/2016 20:02:40

Trevor, Was ready to purchase the Balsa usa sopwith Pup but found a old build blog and was not impressed with the quality of the parts regarding wing ribs not fitting, one wing on plan smaller then the other and so on. Will take a second look at steve Web models and see if it is still available. Glen

21/08/2016 22:03:20

Will keep this in mind.

21/08/2016 21:51:59

thanks but already seen it, Was going send you a pm at first.

21/08/2016 21:50:55

Thank you for your comments. If i went ahead with this build it would have to be electric, do you think that would be possible.

21/08/2016 21:27:58

Anybody had experience with the DB Tripehound which is a semi scale Fokker regarding building and flying.This is the plan, pack and being a tri-plane would certainly keep me occupied.

Edited By bees on 21/08/2016 21:29:01

19/08/2016 16:28:43

Thanks, will have a look.

19/08/2016 16:13:26

Seems like Db sport,scale are a top class manufacturer and i have my eye on the Tiger moth but i have seen a pup around 54 inch wingspan which i think i can get in my van fully rigged. The kit is from Balsa usa and i was wondering if any one can give their thoughts on quality please.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us