By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Frank Skilbeck

Here is a list of all the postings Frank Skilbeck has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sorell Hiperbipe
03/04/2009 22:30:51
I had one of the original 25 size Hiperbipe's, it was prone to dropping a wing, it was about my 2nd or 3rd plane after my "A" which is probably part the reason it didn't last very long
Thread: Budget 2.4Ghz FHSS for under 40
03/04/2009 22:21:48
Timbo, re throttle reverse, I found one of my ESC's operated in the reverse sense to my other ones, so the throttle position may apply to electric models as well. Better safe than sorry.
02/04/2009 18:49:03
Andy not sure on Futaba sets but on Spekky sets, the throttle failsafe position is set when you bind the Rx to the Tx, so when you swap your Rx over from one memory to the other, if the new memory has the throttle reveresed the failsafe setting will now be full throttle. Probably best to re-bind when you swap over just to be safe, or at least test the failsafe position.
Thread: Buddying DX5 and DX6
02/04/2009 18:42:09
You'll just need to buy the lead, probably the same as a JR lead

01/04/2009 23:24:41
I'm assuming you Dad's got the later DX6i (DSM2) and not the earlier DX6 (DSM1) in which case it's simply plug the trainer lead in and the Tx that is switched on is the master, pull the trainer switch and control is passed to the "slave" release it a control is returned to the master. Below is from DX5 manual (page 7) downloaded from the net.

Trainer
The DX5e offers a trainer function that allows the transmitter to operate as a master or slave. The trainer switch is located on the back left of the transmitter. When using the trainer function, plug the trainer cord (SPM6805) into the trainer port in both the master (controlling) and the slave (training) transmitters. The master transmitter must have the power turned on and the slave transmitter must have the power turned off.
Note: The DX5e trainer system is compatible with all JR and Spektrum transmitters.
Master
The DX5e transmitter can be used as a master but the slave transmitter must have the same programming (i.e. reverse switch positions) as the master.
Slave
When using the DX5e transmitter as a slave with another DX5e, itís necessary to match all the reverse switch positions.
Thread: Is this viable for a first model
01/04/2009 23:09:17
Surprised you didn't opt for a pulse jet to power it............................
Thread: Multiplex Blizzard Build
01/04/2009 19:31:13
Can you move the connector down one hole on at the aileron to get more movement. Also don't worry about extending the EPA you won't overdrive the servos. Not sure what you mean by linking them you lose a % this shouldn't be the case.

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 01/04/2009 19:31:34

30/03/2009 21:34:31
Alex, did a quick search on the net, you might want ot download thishttp://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/6exa-quickcard.pdf  on wing mix you need FPv Flapperon plus V-tail. this way the flap knob will move both servo's as will the aileron stick. Just a matter of setting the directions and travel then.
Thread: CMP Salto Warning
15/03/2009 20:51:26
Glad you got it down safe, was looking at one of these. How does it fly with both halves on?

Thread: All things SAS wildthing
14/03/2009 21:18:11

Thread: Last Twinjet needs setup.
14/03/2009 08:09:14
The other option would be to fit a couple of EDF units.
Thread: DX6i
11/03/2009 19:15:19
If you find one with the date code, buy it, send the Tx back and get a new one with a free Rx..............
Thread: Alternatives to DX6i?
11/03/2009 19:13:50
David

The roller selction is not an issue, works quite well in my opinion, looks like JR are using it on their new sets.

With the Dx6i channels 5 & 6 are switched only or mixed with other channels, this is a limitation and why I still fly my planes with flaps with my Cockpit Sx (35mhz) because this is much better in this respect.
Thread: Multiplex Blizzard Build
10/03/2009 19:50:07
I looked at one of these for electric, but seems it could be a better slope option. Decisions, decisions...............

Anybody glassed one yet...........
Thread: DX6i
10/03/2009 19:48:47
Just a quick update, friend of mine returned his a week ago, got his new one today complete with new Rx. So one very pleased modeller. to Horizon.
Thread: Sanwa vs Vista
08/03/2009 12:18:17
You need a flight sim program which is programmed specifically to work with a regular TX. My TX's only appear when the Pheonix flight sim is running they are not available in any other program.

If you do a search on the net there are some articles on building electronics to interface your Tx with a PC.
Thread: Power set nightmare!
08/03/2009 08:12:52
A quick calc (Drive calc) says you should be pulling about 18-19A on a 6 x 4, it sounds like the LVC is cutting back the power.

Can you check the voltage as you power up the motor, although you are using FP batteries, if you've allowed them to go completely flat you may have damaged them.
Thread: Scott's [BRC] Hawker Typhoon Mk1b
08/03/2009 08:03:59
Look forward to the flight photo's and video
Thread: Futaba Skyport 6
08/03/2009 08:01:58
You can also buy the adaptor cable for the futaba round pin direct from Pheonix, I use one with my old FF6
Thread: Sanwa vs Vista
08/03/2009 07:59:10
Martin the Tx outputs the PPM signal the driver and lead will have come with the flight sim software and it's the flight sim software which will have the drivers in it. Just make sure the flight sim software you are using is Vista compatible and you will be fine.

For instance I'm using Pheonix and the USB lead has several adaptors at the end to fit different transmtters.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us