By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for birdy

Here is a list of all the postings birdy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What's in yer box ?
18/11/2010 20:35:27
multitool, lipos, sunglasses, neckstrap, gloves, bin bag, lipo voltage checker. Now what did I forget...
Thread: I just came across these videos
07/11/2010 18:23:11
I saw it too... He must have brilliant eye sight. 
Thread: Tx Batteries
06/11/2010 20:22:23
   The time has finally come to buy my futaba 6exp some new batteries to replace the original 700mah ones - they only gave half an hours of use after 7 hours charging today.
   So, what to get?

And then question number 2 - is it ok to cycle the batteries via the side port of the tx? I was looking at the "instant" charge retaining batteries and apparently you should cycle rather than top them up, and I don't really want to have to remove the batteries from the tx to do this.

Thanks,

Birdy 
Thread: No sound Phoenix on Windows 7
30/10/2010 17:49:17
I had a problem like that, but on vista. Try the other sound libraries - it worked for me.
Thread: Laptop Graphics
27/10/2010 12:02:04
The minimum spec is slightly pointless; it depends on the resolution of the screen you use and the settings for the graphics; my desktop was fine at full graphics till I bought an full HD screen. For a modern computer, you will also be running windows 7, so you need a lot more ram than 256Mb for the operating system. Try and get something with 2gb or more. Avoid anything with pentium, athlon or atom written on it, because they'll be underpowered. Chances are that even the lowliest of integrated graphics would be fine - you dont need a graphics card, but it would be better...

If you interested, my pc, which only struggles at HD resolution and is pretty out of date:
Windows Vista
Athlon 64 duel core
Nvidea GeForce 8200 integrated graphics 

Edited By birdy on 27/10/2010 12:03:23

Thread: Graffitti
17/10/2010 11:46:16
My all time favorite was in a multistory car park in Tunbridge wells:

2B
or not 2B? 
Thread: New Phoenix V3 Beta
10/10/2010 12:02:28
I've downloaded it and I wish I had stuck to version 2... I have to turn down the graphics or it doesn't run smoothly. It also likes to crash my computer after a few minutes, so I am going to wait for a few more updates to come out.

On the upside, good on phoenix for making it free, and the "flying buddies" is a good idea. I do wish they would add a duel rates key though... 
Thread: It seemed like a good idea at the time...........
28/09/2010 22:50:09
What seemed like a good idea at the time...

Cutting towards yourself? Checking with the other side of the model that you've built it the same? Letting your mate fly the model?  
Thread: I E vrs Firefox etc
03/09/2010 19:09:30
Argument for chrome here: 

1) Easy set-up; the history, etc, automatically get moved to chrome when you install it.

2) Again, better performance.

3) Lots of little addy on things. That includes add block, by the way. There hundreds of them... a few examples are:
googlemail checker
"ie tab" (so you can render things as IE, like firefox)
twitter and youtube thingys
chromy calculator - I love it
 last FM player

4)Uses less desktop "real estate" for the bar at the top.

5) You can google things by just typing into the address bar.

6) spell-check. My favourite feature. 

All to their own though really - the main reason IE is bad, is because it is targeted for virus, malware, etc, so it needs more protection. Eventually that'll happen to chrome, firefox,opera, if they ever become seriously popular. 

Thread: Southern Model Airshow
27/08/2010 23:59:10
The way I see it, it ain't bad... Mr Fat Cat hopfarm owner might be getting fatter, but that's the whole point of business... Great show in my opinion. Anyone know if the model red arrow display thing is going again? 
Thread: What's your favourite?
23/08/2010 11:13:45
Another "vote" for the DH Dragon Rapide here. But then I have always loved the Gloster
Javlin...

Thread: Article idea
18/08/2010 15:01:57
sounds good, but it has the potential to make a very expensive article...
Thread: setting up and flying help :)
10/08/2010 22:54:01
Cj, welcome...

Try getting a sim, it makes it much easier to get used to how helis fly.
Thread: 2.4 replacement ariel
08/08/2010 20:58:49
Try here.
Thread: RCM&E 2010 Hobby Awards
31/07/2010 18:20:30
1. EM models tonbridge wells.
2. Giant Cod
3. Flyingwings V-trainer
4. Horizon hobbies 
Thread: World Cup
11/07/2010 22:08:17
Thank you for £15 Spain!
Thread: Hello, I'm very new!!
06/07/2010 19:43:56
I would recommend the 4ch version of the v-trainer, with JP planet radio.

If you are serious about getting into the hobby, it would be worth saving up a bit, and getting nicer equipment - I spent about £500 starting, and haven't had to buy better equipment (costing more in the long run) since.
Thread: Harmony
22/06/2010 18:36:02
So am I; hence the appalling build quality. 

Oh, and welcome to this forum. Enjoy it! 
22/06/2010 18:05:24
This is my efforts, and fortunately Peter Miller also uses this forum, and is very helpful.
Thread: 1st take off
20/06/2010 22:06:45
Well done. Take off and landing are easier then all of the articals make it out to be.

You'll be landing in no time - its just flying the thing slowly at low level.  
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us