By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for George Worley - 4-Max

Here is a list of all the postings George Worley - 4-Max has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Congratulations Mr Miller
17/02/2019 12:19:11

Hi Guys

Like many on here we are also Peter Miller fans and have started to put together electric power train setups for Peter Miller Designs (with Peter's help and approval), Some are old and some haven't been released yet - Something to wet your appetites.

**LINK**

If you want an electric setup for a design that is not on the list, please get in contact (via our website is best) and we'll be glad to put together a complete system for you.

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
24/03/2015 09:38:07
Posted by Steve Bell 3 on 20/03/2015 17:15:21:

sadIf like me your building the pusher version beware the recommended motors have been discontinued. Darn it

We do have alternative motors for the pusher version which are slightly less powerful but after chatting to Tony this really should not be a problem as the original motors were very powerful

Thread: Chapter One - RCM&E's build-a-plane series
24/06/2014 11:30:29

Hi Nigel

Looking forward to seeing progress on this thread - Subscribed!

George

Thread: Anyone for a Tiffie?
17/08/2013 17:48:42

Not quite sure what happened to the picture LOL

17/08/2013 17:48:07

Hi BEB,You may want to re-visit your horizontal stabiliser - Sorry! Tony made a small error in his drawings and drew the elevators wrong. have a look at Trevor Crooks photos, his are correct, you'll see what I mean. Tony blew up this drawing for me and now myself and Colin Low are building 2 off 100" versions, both for electric power. We hope to get them built for around 25lbs and have around 3500W on 12S. So far we have built the tail feathers and have made a plug and cowls, next job is the fuselarge. The plug and cowls must have taken us over 80 hours of work so far. You are doing a very nice job here, keep up the good work.

Edited By George Worley - 4-Max on 17/08/2013 17:49:12

Thread: Middle Wallop Electric Fly-In, July 2013
17/08/2013 17:27:12

The Jungmeister and DH-89A Dragon Rapide are both owned by Ian Gear of the Isle of Wight and are powered by Purple Power motors from 4-Max. The Lancaster is owned by Colin Low (Purple Powered), The DC3 belongs to Roy Thompson, the Tigercat is mine (Purple Powered) and the 10S version of the H9 Taylorcraft and the Siamese Funjet belongs to Chris Bradbury. The 6S version of the Tailorcraft belongs to Bob Mahony. Roy, Colin, Chris and myself are all members of the Basingstoke Model Aero Club who are holding their annual Electric Fly-in on the 15th of September. It's generally well attended and we have a great field, so come along and have a fly.

Thread: Dogfighter - new Multiplex release
17/02/2011 17:33:37
Posted by George Worley - 4-Max on 17/02/2011 13:38:00:
The latest info from Multiplex is that the Dogfighter is due in June/July 2011 and Web price should be around £80 for the basic airframe and £160 for the RR Version. They are only listing one type so I presume both sets of stickers are included. Until I actually receive my stock I can't confirm this.

Just read their blurb and they say there are 2 decal sheets supplied with the model

Edited By George Worley - 4-Max on 17/02/2011 17:34:08

17/02/2011 16:03:29
Yes the white Twister is due out later this year, Web price is expected to be around £80 for the airframe only
17/02/2011 13:38:00
The latest info from Multiplex is that the Dogfighter is due in June/July 2011 and Web price should be around £80 for the basic airframe and £160 for the RR Version. They are only listing one type so I presume both sets of stickers are included. Until I actually receive my stock I can't confirm this.
16/02/2011 14:49:31
Personall I think it will be very popular. I also think it looks like a late mark Spitfire or even a Supermarine Spiteful (see below pic)

Thread: The 2010 Photographic Competition
12/04/2010 18:16:51
Here is Colin Low's Depron Walrus from the plan by Cyril Carr

This is Colin Low's rebuilt, re covered and repainted Hangar 9 P47D Thunderbolt

Yet another model from Colin Low, this one is from the Tony Nijhuis Plan

Colin's 72" Lanc in the evening sun

Thread: transmitter flight timer
12/04/2010 18:08:32
Hi

I assume you are flying with LiPo batteries. If so then to make your LiPo's last, I suggest you aim for taking out a maximum of 80% of the batteries capacity, less is better.
IE with a 2,200mAh battery you want to aim to put back 1760mAh or less.
2200 x 0.8 = 1760

Thread: Are we an ageing hobby?
09/03/2010 15:04:51
Current age 45

Electric Scale
Electric Aerobatic
Electric Sport

Started at 12 years of age with small diesel powered sport and scale free flight models

Currently been flying RC for 13 years mainly electric.
Thread: Middle Wallop Festival of Flight
29/06/2009 21:32:45
Great event, thanks Mr Mahony!!

The event will be on next year. Anyone interested in attending next year please drop me an email via my website and I'll make sure you will receive reminder emails nearer the time.

Some more photos can be found here

Cheers n beers
George

PS it wasn't a Mosquito it was John Ranson with his DH103 Hornet.

PPS  Hi David, I'll see if I can find out the name of the Sea Fury fan, I had a long chat with him, but didn't catch his name.

Edited By George Worley - 4-Max on 29/06/2009 21:37:59

Thread: ARTF quality
23/06/2009 09:03:04
SebArt Sukhoi 29 50E
I have seen 2 of these models crash and be a total write off. Both were being flown by very experienced and very skilled pilots. Only with the second crash was the problem discovered. The first crash happened when the plane was in low knife edge and the canopy came off. There was no response from the plane and it cart wheeled across the patch, totally destroying the plane.

The second crash was similar, this time the plane was doing a knife edge loop and at about 3/4 of the way round, the canopy came off and again the plane did not respond.

The first and obvious fault was the canopy comes off way too easily. This is an aerobatic/3D aircraft which should be capable of standard knife edge and knife edge loops.

The second fault is far more serious. When the canopy comes off it turns the radio off!!!!!!
Both of these models were built as per the instructions and the instructions tell you to install the ON/OFF switch at the front just under the canopy hatch. So when the canopy hatch comes off in flight, it turns the radio off, resulting in total loss of control and in both of these instances total loss of the airframe, motor, ESC and 6S batteries.
If you have one of these and have built it as per the instructions, then I highly recommend that you modify it immediately to put a physical catch so it's impossible for the canopy hatch to come off in flight. Magnets are not good enough for a model of this size.

Cheers n beers
George

Thread: Photos from the BMFA Southern area electric fly-in at Winchester
22/06/2009 20:35:07

22/06/2009 20:31:44

22/06/2009 20:28:41
22/06/2009 20:21:32

22/06/2009 19:56:17
Here are some Photos from the BMFA Southern area electric fly-in at Winchester MAC - Thanks guys for a great event

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us