By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for gillyg1

Here is a list of all the postings gillyg1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbirds replicas Tempest
19/06/2020 12:57:28

Richard, count me in , 63" preferably, laser80/100.

Cheers Graham (cornwall)

Thread: Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc
12/06/2020 11:22:53

Bruce

The brown paper i use is the sort that the car sprayers use for masking off.

I'm lucky though in the fact, one ofmy sons, owns a car body shop, so have a ready supply on hand. So if you know anyone in the industry?? See if you can "cadge" the end off a roll. It goes along way.

Cheers Graham ( cornwall)

12/06/2020 10:49:12

Nice one Richard, youcan count me in for any future projects you decide on.

Have already put the word out regarding new kits ( limited runs) available. But as you know limited people building in our hobby

With regard to my P51, haven't yet decided on which scheme/ version.

Will post soon with decision.

Cheers Graham ( cornwall)

Thread: Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang
30/05/2020 20:54:16

DD, that looks nice,

Richard thanks for the reply,

Haven't yet decided, still researching my final p51 finish.frown

29/05/2020 10:35:54

Guy's as per the latest pm from RW, thinking of doing "P51D blue nose " with the bubble canopy, my dilemma is :- how / whats the best ideal solution to obtain a reasonable chrome/ silver finish ? Please , without gaining to much weight.

Cheers tia Graham ( cornwall)

Thread: The State of Play
23/05/2020 15:07:09

I agree with Tim, Tempest will suit me for a laser 80/100.

Cheers Graham .

Thread: Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang
22/05/2020 21:12:11

cheers for that Chris, wasn't aware of that thread, thanks for the link.

wink 2 Graham.

22/05/2020 19:49:24
Posted by David P Williams on 15/05/2020 17:48:34:

I'm really tempted - I built your Spitfire which was great, and I love P51s, but I'm generally into slightly larger stuff now so I think I'll wait to see what your idea for the Laser boys turns out to be.

so Richard, what are you cooking up/ thinking about, for future projects. Wrt " laser boys " intrigued , Are we talking something larger??? for a laser 80/100, as I would be interested as you know.

ps still in for a mustang wink 2

Thread: Dulux Trade emulsion and varnish??
04/05/2020 21:34:36

Hi Chris

firstly I wouldn't glass a funfighter would make it to heavy.

I use the tester pots £3 from BnQ, and a spray gun like the one above ,to paint my models. I do i/c warbirds.

if your doing electric - then fine using the varnish you mentioned I think would be ok, not used it myself,as not fuel

(glow) resistant.

may I suggest if your doing a warbird finish- please do a matt finish,, if a racing colour scheme - yes gloss finish would be fine.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
26/04/2020 16:16:54

Well got the retracts in their mountings, now to decide on position of mounts within the nacelle frown1587913784559663472955759268209.jpg

25/02/2020 20:45:40

Hi Graham, yes that's the RC Cornwall Flyers club, I'm a member of the Redruth and District Model Flying Club, Although some of the guy's are members of both clubs. Both good clubs, very helpful, Having said that "Cornwall Flyers are electric only due to there flying site. Where as RDMFC has an excellent site at the North Cliffs, Hayle to Portreath coast road.

19/02/2020 21:49:13

wing joinwell after "along time" finally got around to resuming the 110 build, here we managed to join the wings together tonight.wing join

Thread: Spitfire Kit Choice
14/02/2020 10:40:45

Hi LHR Dave

How you doing? Yes wrt balsa. I know St Austell miodel shop ( Alex) stock balsa, what the quality is like - dont know.Might be worth a look in ,a when your up that way. As Alex has changed it all around and restocked it , with loads of goodies .wink

13/02/2020 18:22:41

I was also looking at the MR 1/6 scale version 74" span I do believe, looking at the wood version as I don't do fibre glass. Was going to ring you Jon, and ask for your advice as to which engine you think?? as in 120 or 155 , guess it very much dependent on the weight, perhaps you could suggest comparable weights regarding each engine,

TIA Graham

Thread: Twin ic throttle mixing
15/05/2019 17:40:14

By the way chaps, what are we using for all the connections between wing and fus, as in so many servo leads or multi point connectors, and I'm not going sbus before anyone suggests it.

15/05/2019 17:36:55

That looks nice cymaz, what is it? Home design or plan/kit, and what size engines, / wingspan? Would be interested. thumbs up

15/05/2019 08:29:33

I agree chaps.mind made up, set up the mechanics correctly, and shouldn't have a problem, thanks for everyone's input though. Much appreciated.

14/05/2019 18:22:05

Cymaz- sounds intriguing, but I won't be purchasing another transmitter.

Jon, using RCV 58 CDs. In a Richard Wills 72 " BF110. Super little engines, never had one cut, run them inverted, and actually have to use throttle cut to stop them. Actually have 4x off them, so 2x spares. Was thinking of the Tony Nijhuis Beaufighter maybe sometime in the future, yes I know " pie in the sky " however he doesn't list it in his collection for some reason, so don't know if there's a laser cut parts kit , nacelles, spinners etc available anywhere. I have read the thread on here I think? Same as BT did one in the early years, and that's not listed anywhere either. So open to options for another twin to accommodate 2x 60 size four strokes.

14/05/2019 16:02:29

Cheers for that Jon 🖒. Hope the business is doing well and all now back in production. I do visit your website periodically to abreast of your situation. Keep up the good work.

14/05/2019 14:54:41

Cheers Guys for the speedy reply. Really only wanted to know if it was feasible on an 8J. Being my first twin, thought it might be a better option rather then fiddling manually. Obviously I will be using the same servos, matching the linkages /travels etc.

And it would seem a slight variation in rpm is not critical then. As said why complicate the issue. And shell out on an expensive transmitter with all the " bells and whistles" when it's not required.

Do you guys use a tacho? Or just set up by ear/ sound, for balancing the engines?

Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!