By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for gillyg1

Here is a list of all the postings gillyg1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Twin ic throttle mixing
15/05/2019 17:40:14

By the way chaps, what are we using for all the connections between wing and fus, as in so many servo leads or multi point connectors, and I'm not going sbus before anyone suggests it.

15/05/2019 17:36:55

That looks nice cymaz, what is it? Home design or plan/kit, and what size engines, / wingspan? Would be interested. thumbs up

15/05/2019 08:29:33

I agree chaps.mind made up, set up the mechanics correctly, and shouldn't have a problem, thanks for everyone's input though. Much appreciated.

14/05/2019 18:22:05

Cymaz- sounds intriguing, but I won't be purchasing another transmitter.

Jon, using RCV 58 CDs. In a Richard Wills 72 " BF110. Super little engines, never had one cut, run them inverted, and actually have to use throttle cut to stop them. Actually have 4x off them, so 2x spares. Was thinking of the Tony Nijhuis Beaufighter maybe sometime in the future, yes I know " pie in the sky " however he doesn't list it in his collection for some reason, so don't know if there's a laser cut parts kit , nacelles, spinners etc available anywhere. I have read the thread on here I think? Same as BT did one in the early years, and that's not listed anywhere either. So open to options for another twin to accommodate 2x 60 size four strokes.

14/05/2019 16:02:29

Cheers for that Jon 🖒. Hope the business is doing well and all now back in production. I do visit your website periodically to abreast of your situation. Keep up the good work.

14/05/2019 14:54:41

Cheers Guys for the speedy reply. Really only wanted to know if it was feasible on an 8J. Being my first twin, thought it might be a better option rather then fiddling manually. Obviously I will be using the same servos, matching the linkages /travels etc.

And it would seem a slight variation in rpm is not critical then. As said why complicate the issue. And shell out on an expensive transmitter with all the " bells and whistles" when it's not required.

Do you guys use a tacho? Or just set up by ear/ sound, for balancing the engines?

14/05/2019 13:21:02

I fly futaba, using a 8J s-fhss protocol, I want to be able to program 2 channels to operate twin throttles on my tx. Ie , channel 3 master Throttle, with a slave channel operating the other throttle, twin ic BF110, having scand the manual this would appear as not an option. So thinking I will have to set it up manually and use a y lead.

If anyone knows different? Please could you advise me. If not which futaba tx would give me the option to allow tx setting up for twin throttle operation ?

And please I'm not swapping out to any other brand of radio, as have 11x s-fhss recievers.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
06/03/2019 12:49:50

Glynn, are these AS3X units , (excuse my ignorance), stand alone gyros, if so would they work with futaba? I know speccy recievers some have it built in gyros, guess this would be away of eliminating ""fish tailing" ?? Being an old fashioned modeller don't do new fangled electronics very well.i

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
28/10/2018 17:10:53
Very nice Richard, would be interested in a set of retracts
As they would probably fit in my 60" twin. ?
Thread: Warbird Replicas Ju88 Night Fighter build
02/08/2018 08:45:43
Looks good Richard. Like it. Thinking might have to do one of these. It's on the list anyway.
25/05/2018 21:38:20

forgot to mention:- added the mg and cannon tubes.smiley

25/05/2018 21:35:52

110 fuz 2.jpgprogress so far ,from Cornwall. slow but sure, fuz relatively done assembly that is.110 fuz.jpg

02/03/2018 11:08:52
Dave try looking at the Brian Taylor 110
Plans available from "sarik Hobbies " there's also various build threads on various forums. He wouldn't release a design unless a proven flyer. Very renowned man in the scale world. Just Google Brian Taylor plans. Incidentally his 110 is 71" wingspan. Don't know the weight of hand but have the plan . however be aware planes will vary in weight depending on whose building it.
Hope this helps.
Cheers Graham ( cornwall )

Edited By gillyg1 on 02/03/2018 11:10:13

01/03/2018 12:16:02

cheers for that Richard, got the top and bottom decking on now, so making use of this time of work,(snowed in) down the workshop to do a bit more.

28/02/2018 20:20:39
https://youtu.be/h9LaVzvBapw
tail linkages fitted internally, all temporarily connected up and working

Edited By gillyg1 on 28/02/2018 20:36:53

Thread: RCV Engines
19/02/2018 10:54:34
Ring Alan at weston they now manufacturer the rcv range. He's a very helpful chap.
31/01/2018 19:35:35

tailwheel2.jpgOk, my steerable tail wheel assy . may not look very professional, but its functional, and with a lick of paint, it'll do for me.( 4th attempt)tailwheel 1.jpg

24/01/2018 12:41:22
Hi Nigel, managed to get a good join between the pivot bolt and the yoke, using the j b weld as you suggested. Thanks. Will get some pics up soon never enough time. Work gets in the way 🙂🙂
23/01/2018 12:06:18
Thanks Nigel.
My problem is :- aluminium yoke, round steel bolt or piano wire. Trying to get a good join between the two. Yes I'm soldering / silver soldering other various pieces. On my third attempt now .
Thinking to make a square brass plate silver soldered to the bolt on top off a square flanged yoke. If you get my drift. Will post photos when finished the completed article. Otherwise revert back to making a steel plate yoke then it'll all solder up together. As I did on the LA7. only want to use Ali for the weight factor.
23/01/2018 11:00:45
Anybody done a steerable tail wheel assembly modification? ? As I'm trying to make one up myself. Only having trouble getting a decent join between the ali yoke and the steel bolt/ upright into fuz.have tried clamping it with a nut,but the yoke still works loose.
Thinking of trying epoxy maybe?? If so anyone recommend a good one for bonding metals together.
Tia Graham ( cornwall )
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us