By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Daniel Cardona

Here is a list of all the postings Daniel Cardona has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chris's Super 60 Build
02/03/2019 17:15:27

Posted by Percy Verance on 02/03/2019 16:46:27:

Well I'll have my 50p on it being a 3ch Super 60 Daniel. I didn't spot any ailerons during one close in low pass it flew.....

Unlike the Junior 60, the S60 didn't have a huge amount of dihedral, but still turns well enough on just rudder inputs.

Do you have any idea how much is the dihedral of the ben buckle super 60? Would be possible to apply the aileron wing with the 3ch version dihedral? Thing is that with an almost flat wing it doesn’t look good to my eye.

02/03/2019 16:26:47

Thank you all for the feedback, one thing that I didn’t made clear is that I’m not exactly a beginner, its just that i have somehow a soft spot for this type of models. They are relaxed and reasonably fun on a calm summer day, and i also have a ben buckle radio queen that i think its a good contender to start build something that its easy going.

Looking again that video that i posted earlier, if its true that its the 3ch version, it doesn’t seem that struggles to do tight turns, and it looks that it has less dihedral too.

regards

daniel

02/03/2019 13:59:18

Hello to all

first I apologize as i dont want to hack the thread with my question.

but to all the super 60 lovers, which one flies the best the 3 or 4 ch version?

i stubold in this video on youtube and i’m amazed of how well the model flies, but is it the 3 or 4 ch?

link below

**LINK**

kind regards

Daniel

Thread: Valdez Stol Record breaker build blog
23/02/2019 14:11:10

Hi Pete

Yes i know Slec has a wide selection of material but problem is since I’m from Malta its really a pain getting stuff here with the postage costs, hence why i have to improvise when building from plans. For example in this case, in order to build the fuselage i was already thinking to use 1/8th poplar ply instead of 3/32 balsa and 1/32 ply. Not because of balsa sheets right now i have plenty but 1/32 ply its a pain to get it. 1/8th lightply on the other hand i can get it easy.

kind regards

daniel

23/02/2019 11:53:20

Following with great interest peter! I have a question tough, its regarding the rear balsa dowels.

if for some reason one cannot find balsa dowels , could be possible to built the rear part with balsa squares instead?

regards

daniel

Thread: Cruiser, November 2015 Free Pull out plan
22/02/2019 17:20:10
Posted by Richard Elliot on 03/03/2016 15:26:32:

Well its taken me ages to get to finish my ic powered 1.2x Cruiser but its done

I wanted to keep the see through covering theme going that Rich started.....but the only colour left that hadnt been done was yellow......and boy is it yellow!!, so it had to be a Kenny Roberts Yamaha scheme.

cruiser finished.jpg

Now if it would only dry up, warm up and stop blowing a gale............

Rich

What engine size is that? Does anyone trief one with a 4 stroke?

Thread: Kwik Fli 40
13/02/2019 04:53:57
Posted by Martyn K on 11/02/2019 22:35:35:
Hi Daniel

Yes. No probkems. Can you pm me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Martyn

Pm sent.

11/02/2019 22:13:26

Hello to all

Is there a possibility to get the plans in pdf format for the kwik fli 40? I’m trying to download the plans from the previous post but id dosent work.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Thread: Miss Demeanor Sr
12/01/2019 19:45:45

Great Another pylon Racer! what not to love about them?!

do you think it would be possible to turn this Cassut for I.C power Peter? it's not a common sight to see one at the field.

looking forward to see your finished.

Regards

Daniel

Thread: Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat
17/12/2018 19:51:27

YK

Is your AcroWot artf or kit Chris? I used a laser 80 on mine, i was planning to use a laser 75 at first but i figured out that it has the same dimensions as the 80, so i sad why not. Mine is the Kit version and the engine fitted quite all right, a tight squeeze but no mods at all. If yours is the Artf I believe you might have more room with an 80.

dsc00138.jpg

Thread: Kwik Fli 3 - 50th anniversary build
28/08/2018 20:53:29

Hi simon

Yes, that explains a lot of things, thanks!. Do you still own the model? do you think a good modern 46 engine would be enough for this kind of model or a 55 or 60 is a must?

Thank you again for your kind reply.

Daniel

27/08/2018 21:37:58

Hi Simon

did you used a normal plastic engine mount for the kwik fly or you mounted the engine to the firewall from the back plate? the space in the engine compartment is very small if i recall.

Kind regards

Daniel Cardona

Thread: Peter Miller asks what next?
26/08/2018 11:12:01

Ahh....So much mystery sometimes in names of these formula racers, never heard of vomet Comet, i tried a quick search on the net and couldn't find nothing, not even a cassut with a shark's mouth.

but i would fancy one of these cassut 3's , they look so slick, I imagine on with a slightly stretched fuselage and maybe a little narrower with somewhat and old school construction with a carved turtle deck instead of sheeting and perfectly adequate for I.C or E something similar like these new Electric formula One class

https://goo.gl/images/9LVB2X

reno05_f1_37_3478.jpg

Getting excited now! ..whatever it would be bring it on peter!

looking forward

Daniel

Edited By Daniel Cardona on 26/08/2018 11:15:14

24/08/2018 20:45:45

Well..you might get lucky Erfolg. as far as i know Peter has a soft spot for pylon racers, what's there not to love after all, ralativley easy to build not bulky to store and maintain and loads of fun. i prefer them most when they are in the .40 to 46 size engine size. I came across this video on youtube on a restored pylon racer

It also has my lucky number on it ;-P, so who knows, maybe i start the temptation on peter. :-P

Edited By Daniel Cardona on 24/08/2018 20:48:28

Thread: Easter Eagle Senior
10/05/2018 08:30:18

Reading the above is enough to give me the itch to start building one, is this already released as a free plan or we have to wait?

Daniel

Thread: RES-Eagle Glider RCME March 2018
12/03/2018 21:37:22

Are there any plans for the future to make a Res-eagle with an electric motor?

Daniel

Thread: Easter Eagle Senior
30/01/2018 20:41:03

That wing is big and wide, i bet once it catches a thermal it stays there for ever!

05/01/2018 16:10:06

Wow that’s a big wing😮, sure you dont need spoilers to land that thing? I hope it will end as a pull out plan, its the perfect model for those lazy hot summer days chasing a thermal, i bet it will float forever.

Daniel

Thread: 1.5m aerobatic project
24/11/2017 16:55:31

lovely model with a very original and pleasant shape, I hope one day it will come as a free plan. and maybe as an more easy to build it your self model, those formers and fuselage sides would be a pain to cut without a laser cutterdisgustwink something like the old stilletto maybe?..

Anyway...well done! and keep it up.

Regards

Daniel

Thread: Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat
21/10/2017 19:13:57
Fake 3003 might have a black output shaft too, one of our club member had 4 of them, there internal pcb board was literally rubbish, my 4 yrs old could solder even better.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us