By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Rob

Here is a list of all the postings Rob has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Geoffrey Wellum
20/07/2018 12:01:33

I only started reading first light the other day. One of the old school decent sort of chap who above everything was humble and humane, we owe this Gentleman and others of his generation an enormous amount debt of thanks that I don't think we can ever repay.

May he rest in peace.

Thread: Is traditional building a disappearing art?
20/04/2018 19:23:54

I think a great part of this hobby is the variation, I have a couple of foam thingumies and have had the odd ARTF or two but don't have the connection to them as home built projects. I think building can be what you want it to be, If its sticking a few bits of depron together to test a concept of going for a faithful reproduction of a "Golden age" free flight model or the whole hog with Carbon fibre and composite materials this hobby has it all and we all have a huge amount of information we can share as well as the sheer joy of it all.......currently peeling bits of cyano off my fingers, bliss !

19/04/2018 10:23:09

Due to the dwindling supply of reasonably priced kits I'm now spending more time building from plans either downloaded or purchased online from places such as ebay etc. Quite often you can pick up copies of old magazines such as RCM&E and Radio modeller with plans in place that can be built for small money and its nice to see a few of the old designs that may not have been so good due to the technology of the time ie Nicad flight batteries and full size radio sets modified for modern equipment.

Thread: Defibrillators
16/03/2018 10:19:22

IMO spending £1000 on a defib is money well spent. By the time that its broken down to a cost per club member it wont be any more that a gallon of fuel each. I'e attended a few jobs(EMT) where a defib has been used and the patient is conscious by the time we got there. As a hobby, we are generally off the beaten track and not always easy to find and in the world of cardiology "time is muscle" Now not all cardiac arrests are shockable but would you want to be the one who needs it and it isn't there?

British Heart Foundation run a good course called "Heartstart" that teaches basic CPR and first aid. Only lasts for a couple of hours so not to much of a time commitment.

Thread: Newbie Builder
15/03/2018 15:29:08

Something like a Tomboy is a great build. You can purchase short kits(all the complicated bits pre-cut you just supply the long bits from LMS) from ebay or purchase the kit from a well known supplier or go the whole 9 yards and buy a plan and a stack af balsa and go for the full plan build experience.

Thread: Sir Ken Dodd
12/03/2018 14:21:08

Another of the true great entertainers gone.....I'm only just getting over the demise of Morcambe and Wise. R.I.P Sir Ken.

Thread: Property damage
21/08/2017 21:53:18
I'm a Emergency Medical Technician and delivered a baby at home a couple of weeks ago, the lady didn't want to get off the sofa and despite our best efforts to get here on plastic sheets and towels etc the sofa took the brunt. They claimed on their home insurance as far as I know. (also got me a box of chocolates !!!)
Thread: Little Miss Honky Tonk
02/08/2017 11:42:07

Yes please !!!! Telemaster on the board at the moment but have a spare TT GP42 looking for a home , this would do quite nicely.

Thread: RCM&E August 2017 issue
25/07/2017 10:42:46
After a short layoff from modelling and purchasing of any model mags I happened upon this issue (Aug17) enjoyed the new look and found the content was still nicely diverse and to a high standard. Particularly enjoyed Alex Whittaker's adventures at Barkston Heath. Currently elbow deep in balsa dust building a Telemaster from plan(heaven!!)
Thread: Lavochkin La7 - Warbird Replicas Kit
25/01/2017 08:59:45

Looks nice, don't see enough of Russian warbirds. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Thread: 1/3 Scale Sopwith Triplane
19/12/2016 09:10:55

Think I'm going to get some of those pictures printed off and stick them up as motivation.....WOW !!!

Thread: Christmas Caption Competition!
14/12/2016 13:02:09

Many thanks one and all, Beth could you put up next years Christmas caption competition up now so I have 12 months to come up with witty response!!!

In the words of Shakin' Stevens

Merry Christmas everyone...

Rob..

Thread: Old Haltonians ( Halton - Brats / Trenchard Brats )
13/12/2016 09:20:27

My Grandad,Dad and my Son all passed through Halton. I had to buck the trend and went green instead (R.E) never one to follow conventionface 1

Thread: Christmas wishes
12/12/2016 17:51:22
Merry chrimbo to one and all. I'm at work all over Christmas so no turkey and pudding for me. Save having to diet in the new year though.😁
02/12/2016 09:00:12

The post incident Tai Chi calming exercises were not being met with the enthusiasm expected and abandoned to be replaced with a swift half down the local as tradition dictates.....

01/12/2016 08:15:39

"You put your left arm in-your left arm out, in, out, in ,out" oh forget it !!! This years BMFA entry for Strictly Come Dancing wont be getting a "Ten from Len" this year....

Thread: Building boards
30/11/2016 13:17:55

I'll second (or fourth !!) the plasterboard idea. Takes pins well and inexpensive enough to through away at the end of the build. Only advise is to cover the cut sides or ends with masking tape or similar to stop the board from leaving a white line on your bestest jumper!!

Thread: Forza Italia
30/11/2016 09:22:09

Volo nizza.... Beautiful club site as well.

30/11/2016 09:10:10

The Club Committee Air Accident Investigation Branch(CCAAIB) was unanimous that this quite possibly was the approximate area upon which the sky finished and the ground surface began !!

Thread: Demonstration of loyalty
13/10/2016 20:42:36
#FinnsLaw please look and sign if you agree. Myself and all three of my sons are in the emergency services and see abuse of serving personnel including animals quite regularly.
Many thanks.
Rob
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us