By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Rob

Here is a list of all the postings Rob has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Forza Italia
30/11/2016 09:22:09

Volo nizza.... Beautiful club site as well.

Thread: Christmas Caption Competition!
30/11/2016 09:10:10

The Club Committee Air Accident Investigation Branch(CCAAIB) was unanimous that this quite possibly was the approximate area upon which the sky finished and the ground surface began !!

Thread: Demonstration of loyalty
13/10/2016 20:42:36
#FinnsLaw please look and sign if you agree. Myself and all three of my sons are in the emergency services and see abuse of serving personnel including animals quite regularly.
Many thanks.
Rob
Thread: Scrap Box Wellington Bomber
26/09/2016 13:23:45

Hi Robert,

Wow that brings back some memories, I remember that plan from when I was a singlie in the Army. I was attempting to build it but never completed it(lost the plan and other bits in transit somewhere!). Can't wait to see the end results.

cheers

Rob

Thread: Ronnie Corbett....RIP
01/04/2016 20:59:47
Very sad,another great entertainer gone.
Thread: Petition to get Eric {winkle} Brown a knighthood
19/01/2016 10:16:23

Signed..

Thread: Jetmen
06/11/2015 09:55:42
Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 05/11/2015 22:16:13:

A flying model Jet Man has already been done.

Steve Holland is the builder and flyer.

western park 2015 (11) (large).jpg

Western Park 2015

Kev

yesnice!

05/11/2015 18:57:31

Idea for a free pull-out plan maybe! just trying to find out how many lipos I can fit in my pockets for an EDF version.face 20

Thread: New caption competition!
29/09/2015 13:57:55

Rogue KFC witness protection officer spotted at this years Wings and Wheels show.

Thread: New site appearance
12/07/2013 22:08:23

Tried it for a bit and can't do it. It looks broken to me and flickers and seems to jump about. I think I need to go and get my eyes retracked. Off to specsavers I go...........

12/07/2013 06:44:14

Sort of looks like the old site but without the colour. Looks to be a lot of empty space on the screen and not to sure on the red/maroon scheme. Not a big fan to be honest but at the end of the day I supose its the content rather than the colour scheme etc.

I don't know what it is of late with RCM&E but there seems to have been some changes. I know its a comercial enterprise but the magazine seems to have lost some "soul" so much that I have cancelled my subscription and now just buy the issues from the shops if I like the look of a particular article or review . I get more info etc from this forum.

Rob

Thread: Pure Bliss!
01/07/2013 14:21:55

Heard the distant unmistakeable rumbling of a Merlin whilst out in the garden on Saturday, moments later a Spitfire came over the ridge of the roof at about 500 feet. Pure heaven, less of a sound more of a feeling in your chest....could be described as love?

Thread: not again
20/06/2013 09:17:45

Hi John,

I fully appreciate your situation as the father of three lads two of which are serving. As a former squaddie myself I share their call to duty but as a parent I have my own feelings on the subject. Please pass my thanks to your lad for his dedication to duty.

Masher,

May I use this forum to also thank you and collegues for thier hard work in the developing of protective kit. I know I owe my life to good kit ,Cheers mate.

Keep your heads down lads

Rob.

Edited By Rob on 20/06/2013 09:18:21

Thread: How many build projects (ARTF and trad') do you have running?
18/06/2013 12:18:48

Two kit builds at the moment and I got handed a DB Piper Cub for a rebuild on Fathers day.

Always busy and same as Jon would have more if I had the space.

Rob

Thread: Junior 60 Electric
09/06/2013 19:12:07

Hi Colin, A good model to build as a first timer or returnee to the hobby. If you type into to the search bar Junior 60 electric you will see a brilliant build by propogandi that covers a few different combinations of brushless motor and lipo battery. Good luck with the build and keep us all posted. Rob

Thread: DofE build help
07/06/2013 12:06:51

Hi Ashley,

Have you thought of building a free flight type of model or an RC boat ? There are many questions to ask before you commit not only a lot of time but also plenty of cash into RC planes. If you are part of an ATC squadron the wing or civ com may be people to talk to regarding extra info of possible help with funding.

Rob

Thread: Not quite traditional
23/05/2013 09:55:49

A light brush with a bit of UHU-Por always works for me. Just put a very thin film on the EPO and let it dry before pushing the corner or edge down .

Thread: In your experience what's the most common cause of a crash?
09/05/2013 19:35:16

I have two main reasons for crashing, they are in no paticular order.

1.The ground was to high up.

2.Ran out of sky.

Option one but don't tell anyone.!!!

Cheers

Robcheeky

Thread: Jr 35mhz RX
27/04/2013 15:01:02

Hi Rob ,have pm'd you

Rob.

Thread: Interview with Eric Winkle Brown
24/04/2013 07:24:17

I was lucky enought to hear him speak at an event he attended a few years ago "what a bloke".

I've also got a signed copy of his book "wings on my sleeve" its a great read if you can get your mits on a copy.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!