By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Rob

Here is a list of all the postings Rob has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: How many foamies do you have?
22/01/2012 19:15:25
To me foamies and artfs are a bit like a pot noodle,great for a quick fix but still leave you wanting more.IMO you cant beat a good balsa and ply kit or plan build.
Thread: T180 Glazing
22/01/2012 10:33:06
By local I mean 50 mile round trip......but in the little town where I live we do have a gift card making shop. You dont only have to shop in a dedicated model shop other crafts and hobbies have stuff that we can find usefull. I get all my blades from the little art shop in town and thinners and paints from a little pushbike/hardware store(cheaper too).
Cheers
Rob

22/01/2012 09:48:37
Try making a paper template of the front screen , You can cut and trim the paper template until it is a perfect fit without worrying about wasting materials.
As for sourcing thin plastic sheeting , your local hobby or craft shop should stock it or (the way I get most of mine)keep your eyes peeled for packaging materials ie. the boxes that toys come in or at this time of year those gift packs that you get with shower gel and aftershave. Worst case you can use an empty pop bottle by cutting of the top and bottom and cuttting down one side and warming with a heat gun to take out some of the curve.

Hope this is of help.

Rob.
Thread: Losing our modelling heritage
16/01/2012 08:38:38
I've got stacks of old magazines RCME,Radio Modeller etc. I find them a great source of inspiration for projects and also the hints and tips you can pick up from them whilst sat in bed or taking a quiet minutes at the bottom of the garden in the workshop is a great way to spend time. In the house we have 4 laptops and web tablets but you cant beat the printed word. There is no problems with flat batteries or trailing wires ,books and mags are portable and dont crash on you and in my mind are part of the modelling heritage, I cant see an article in the future looking at the best webpage of 2012.
The web is a great invention but I think it has to work alongside print ,just like this great forum.

Rob
Thread: Workbench surface to take pins?
14/01/2012 07:35:25
Plasterboard is what I have on my bench, cheap and replaceable, I tend to cover the cut edges with masking tape to stop the plaster from marking clothing etc.
Thread: Ben Buckle Buccaneer standard
08/01/2012 01:23:07
As the title says really, Has anybody got one or tried to electrify it...?? Thinking it would be a nice build and possibly a good camera platform/toffee bomber.
Thread: Happy New Year!
31/12/2011 21:55:20
Happy New Year to all forumites, heres hoping that all have a health and happy 2012.

Thread: Phil Wood in Hospital
26/12/2011 15:55:39
Hope all is well Phil .
Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Rob
Thread: Does the model trade ever have sales
26/12/2011 15:46:39
I know Galaxy models quite often have a january sale see the adverts in the january RCM&e.
Thread: ...and where do you think this pic was taken?
22/12/2011 13:29:22
I thought it may be in our esteemed editors front parlour...
Thread: Christmas dinner?
22/12/2011 09:38:26
Chrimbo dinner will be a pack up this year..Guess whos working...!!!
Will probably go for the full experience:
Cheese sarnies.
Cheese and onion or ready salted crisps
Bannana and an apple
mince pies
as its christmas I will also have a bottle of fizzy pop !

Might well take a box of crackers so we can wear the hats.

Thread: DF's got a grumble.............
03/11/2011 16:42:45
Changing the clocks is a pain in the ......... well never mind ! Guess who was rostered to work the night shift that night and had to work an extra hour
Thread: new model
27/10/2011 16:42:25
Congratulations Ken.

Thread: New glider coming from westwings....
18/10/2011 22:05:27
Just picked up a reply e-mail from WW. The model on the badgerworks is not the one due for release due to costings etc. No clue as to the new model now but it will be a 100" glider.
18/10/2011 12:58:01
Maybe I have worded that incorrectly , I should have writen sports glider with a nod towards a could be a real one. looks nice and will be one I will keep my eyes on because I like that sort of thing.
18/10/2011 10:39:54
Have been in contact with Westwings of late (brilliant service) and dropped in that I thought they could expand thier range to larger gliders having had great fun with thier smaller airframes (Fournier , Beguine and Kestrel f/f glider). Westwings e-mailed back that they have a new glider in the final stages of development . If it is the one shown on thier 'Badgerworks' web page it looks like it will be a v-tailed sports scale glider and I have been told it will be in the 100" class.
Bring it on I say , looks good.

Edited By Rob on 18/10/2011 10:40:30

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
16/10/2011 18:42:17
Felling a bit odd this evening..Have just got our eldest son back from a four month tour of duty in the Falkland islands with the RAF (brilliant much joy)and have just dropped son number two off at Bassingourn barracks to start his basic training for Household Cavalry(know what he's in for.Things havent changed much)..Dont know what to do next , I may retire to the shed and bash some balsa ...................
Thread: New poll idea?
16/10/2011 18:32:53
This question all depends on the possibility of either contender being trained in some form of martial art or if the contenders are a bit "handy" if you know what I mean, I will hold judgement untill I have looked into the matter further........... !!!
Thread: Buzzing Servo's on Wot4 Foam E
16/10/2011 17:34:45
Sounds like there is something causing strain on the servos, before they were hooked up to the servos did you flex them to make sure there was little or no resistance at the hinge points and that they would travel through there full range of movement ?. May just be that the hinges are a bit tight or that some material needs removing from the l/e of the surface or t/e of the wing.
cheers
Rob.
Thread: Saw the mighty Vulcan yesterday
16/10/2011 17:04:48
I saw the vulcan today just north of RAF Wittering. She was flying east to west at approx 1000-1500 feet. Never fails to amaze me when you see that big delta wing fly over.
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!