By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for PAT

Here is a list of all the postings PAT has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: DRONE AND RPV FLYING IN THAILAND
02/11/2018 11:17:03

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your question which at the mo I cant answer. The ruling has been tagged with the CAAT, the additional T stands for Thailand. As you will see from the information posted and the registation proccess etc it involves submitting quite an amount of personal details and insurance arrangements for other than the "toy " catagory as far as I can see, although I havent had time to study the laid down guidance in detail yet, sorry. I shall however be goingout to the LOS at the end of this month and hopefully find out how it is to be applied and who will be tasked to enforce the new restrictions. Perhaps other expat readers already have the answers and might be kind enough to enlighten us, please.

01/11/2018 19:51:17

HI Folks

Please be aware that the flying of Drones and RPVs in Thailand is now governed by new regulations, much in line with the CAA requirements over here. All requirements, registration etc can be found in down load form PDFs by going to the Royal Thai Embassy London web site, where they can be found in the Information For Visitors section. All info is in English and there is also a very useful poster which is posted giving model weight categories, safety distances for people and airfields, penalties for infringements of rules etc.

Unfortunately the freedoms of the past have now gone, but fortunately not the perfect flying weather. Please check out these new regulations should you be planning to fly models on holiday when there. Sorry to be the herald of bad news

Thread: futaba T10J
23/08/2018 14:40:31

Many thanks Carperfect, your a Star, nice and simple too. Will follow your advice ASAP, awesome!

20/08/2018 17:08:52

Hi Everyone, I would agree with Carperfect regarding the T10J Tx. it is magic in all respects, as far as I am concerned, but having searched through the Manual many times, still cannot find any mention of how to adjust the Timer volume bleeps. Being a little Mutton Jeff due to First Line aircraft work, (pre ear defenders Era) it is somewhat frustrating, There is mention of the speech volume tweaking in the telemetry mode but non for the timer as far as I can see. Having emailed the supplier and futaba for a solution to no avail; can anyone help point me in the right direction, or am I stuck with it. Volume on my Futaba 7C Tx is perfect.

Thanks for any suggestions, ( I already have new batteries for my hearing aid crossed off, thanks).

All the best

Pat

Thread: Spacewalker II wing attachment dowels
05/10/2016 10:08:51

Hi Charles, Thanks for the info, (I hope you received my email),I can now stop searching for a kit that does not exist. As I mentioned the carbon tubes are already fitted so I'll do as you suggest and find suitable doweling to do the job. My sincere thanks to everyone that's helped me on my journey of discovery, your all Stars.

Thread: How to contact the site moderators!
29/09/2016 09:01:24

Good morning,

RefHelp please, Skywalker II attachment dowel query posed in Sport, Aerobatic & 3D Kits)

May I please request, from the appropriate moderator, that my posting for information on the 29/09/2016 be corrected, due to considerable help from the kind readers and a bit of overspray removal, the airframe in question has been identified as a Spacewalker II, not a Skywalker II, very embarrassing. I have now posted some pictures in the hope that someone who has one of these beasties, can perhaps furnish me with the correct lengths, gauge and spec of the tubing that is normally included in the kit or better still, simply let me know who manufactures the kit, so that I may be able to approach them for the parts.

Many thanks for your help with this matter

Pat

Thread: Spacewalker II wing attachment dowels
26/09/2016 12:38:35

p9268197.jpgp9268195.jpgp9268194.jpgp8218181.jpgHi Folks Sorry about delay in replying to all your kind contributions and suggestions but have just had a hectic weekend. Following KC and Cymaz tips, I read with interest the feature he pointed out and then carried out another inspection of the airframe clearing some overspray, only to find that KC thought that it could be a Spacewalker II airframe, as opposed to a Skywalker II one was correct, as you may be able to see from the photo of the cockpit facia.Very embarrassing, no wonder I was not making any progress....sorry guys. I am hoping the photos will shed a little more light and make identification more feasible. Thanks again for all your help.p9268191.jpgble.

20/09/2016 20:45:56

Hi Denis, The original full size aircraft fuselage was I understand tubular framed and had a wooden wing but this model has a built up wood structure fuselage and conventional tail plane and fin.

Hello Peter, I thought I might put my question to the forum first, having downloaded both the Sig Skywalker II build manuals, where I found the smaller version had a one piece wing joined together on dihedral formers and the larger 120 version had the single alloy tube fitted to mount the wing halves on. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will take some pictures and make some enquiries, Seagull may also be worth approaching as they may also have an additional Skywalker II model that I have not seen yet.

20/09/2016 16:07:37

I'm looking for help please in trying to source the two different size wing attachment dowels for a Three piece (84" winged Skywalker II. I have checked out both of the SIG Skywalker II (and Skywalker II 120), and included the Seagull version, in my so far unsuccessful search.

The plane itself was a lucky find at the local car boot and despite it's fuselage being in two pieces, was in reasonably good condition, making it an easy fix. Presumably the 4, (two each side), missing dowels will be alloy tubes similar to the solo one featured on the SIG Skywalker II 120.

The wing centre section spans 18" and has carbon fibre tubes provisioned for the dowel attachment pins, as has the outer wing roots, (a separate lug located under each wing on both sides locks the outer wing panels to the centre section.

It would be reasonably easy to obtain 20mm and 13mm diameter substitutes but I have no idea as to the tubing wall gauge necessary, to ensure safety with in flight stresses and avert disaster.

Worthy of note is that the model may have been modified from the original design but is is not a scratch built plane, as I have found Skywalker II printed on the front cockpit instrument panel former.

Many thanks for any info you may have, it's appreciated

Pat

Thread: New caption competition!
01/10/2015 20:43:53

Barbie the chickens and get rid of the clutter, heh heh

Thread: It's the grand pre-Xmas (better stuff than normal) giveaway!
21/12/2013 09:47:08

Me too please.Happy Christmas everyone!

Thread: Hawker Hunter
07/09/2010 20:47:46
Well done Dusty, great reading. Glad you got everything sorted before your trip and appreciate the tips on the flying characteristics the Hunter has displayed. I will tuck the gen away and revisit the "Knowledge" before attempting flight trails on mine. Have a good safe trip.
All the best
Thread: Incorrect Spelling on program display
07/09/2010 20:35:57
Too right John. On reflection, I think the language change over was inadvertently made by one of my fellow Thai flying chums, who had helped me set up my equipment before I had a chance to play with it. If it's any consolation, he did not know what OMPULEN meant either when he gave the transmitter back to me, I therefore assumed that was how it came out of the box.Fortunately we did not need to reverse any of the servo directions so it has been used in this configuration ever since.
However, thanks to you and Eck, the mysteries of the black box have been solved and I sit here with a happy glow and and a big smile on my face.Cheers!
07/09/2010 17:06:03
Fantastic news All sorted now. Millions of thanks  Eck and John.  Eck  you were perfectly correct, it was Dutch and you John very kindly provided the solution with the Addendum I lacked. You are both Stars, I am very grateful for your quick response to my problem and extremely relieved to see the back of the dreaded OMPULEN and it's Dutch counter parts.Thanks gain from a very happy chappy!
07/09/2010 10:37:43
Hi Eck
Thanks for your suggestion.The outfit was bought in the UK but the different language is a possibility, although the spellings did not seem consistently incorrect. The User Manual does not appear to give an option to change languages but I will try to get more info to see if a change is possible . Cheers
07/09/2010 09:19:30
SOS Please. Has anyone had the same problem I have with my Futaba 7C transmitter program labels which are very badly spelt. and can they be corrected in the same way that model names can be inputed.This has never been a problem before as I have just used the kit in a basic mode but now I have  3D model, I need to be able to utilize the other more sub tile functions. Examples of the spellings are
END-PUNT, MOT-UIT,  NAAM for model name, OMPULEN for control reversal, OMPO, KA for channels 1-7.etc.  Getting the correct display would certainly make interpretation and setting up of the Tx  somewhat simpler so any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation
Thread: Hawker Hunter
28/08/2010 19:29:09
Well done Dusty and congratulations on a safe flight and your one piece arrival,
I'm afraid I  can't offer any advise on your power problem but I think I will make a point of being next to a maize field when I eventually try my beastly out .
Hope you soon crack the power snag and get her airborne again
26/08/2010 18:00:00
Hi Dusty
I have been trying to re-find the reference to the 91 size engine  I saw had been fitted when I came across  this feature and reference(also the guy has fitted an electric power system):
Cambrian Fighters of the Fifties series. This was quite fast and very attractive
model powered by an OS 46 FX two stroke (see Figure 1) and the Sport scale ...
http://www.felbridge-flyers.org/Documents/felnew111.pdf - -1k - Similar pages

My beastie is of 58" span and 62" length, though I have not got around to finding out how heavy it is.
Glad to hear you are nearly "flight ready" hope all goes well with your remaining preparations and air test. Keeping everything crossed for you

26/08/2010 15:42:57
Hi Dusty
I have just posted in My Album, some pictures which may be of use to you regarding  the mods you and the other lads have already mentioned. I bought my glass fuselage/foam winged Hunter at the Doncaster  auction, (as advertised in Model Flying UK) earlier this year and am in the process of refurbishing it. As you can see it came with Carl Goldberg mechanical retracts, flaps/ailerons and has a full length  exhaust pipe, which runs the full length of the fuselage, exiting at the end of the jet pipe. It's size and age would seem to make it a very close relative to your model, though I have not managed to definitely  source it's origins yet.
I have fitted an OS91FX at the sharp end, ( which research suggests was the recommended size motor),  and am presently fabricating and exhaust box to connect to the flexible silicone pipe adapter, (blue tube in picture). How the motor will run or the effectiveness of the silencer/exhaust pipe will be is an unknown factor, though the model does seem to be  well flown, so hopefully this arrangement was in the design.
Hope the photos are of some use in your endevours.
Looking forward to seeing more of your updates and try and post my progress too.
Best of luck
Thread: Name the new Britflight plane
17/11/2009 17:28:14
Hows about NOCTURNAL ONE as this smoothy looks like it could be the first of a series of NIGHT HAWKS
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us