By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for kevin b

Here is a list of all the postings kevin b has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Copying plans
11/06/2018 19:32:48

What plan is it ?

Thread: RCM&E The Inside Story
09/06/2018 23:01:38
Posted by Graham Ashby (Editor) on 06/06/2018 21:55:39:
Posted by Danny Fenton on 06/06/2018 20:54:31:

Can you remember where you put it all?

Unfortunately Danny I have a history of this sort of thing so I know exactly where it all is - safe and sound wink

Just remember Graham, to put the right engine in it. Not the round one that makes the whoosh noise and drinks Kerosene. devil

Oh, and welcome back too.

Regards. Kevin.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
26/05/2018 19:07:28

Here's an interesting one.

**LINK**

Thread: All change at RCM&E
25/05/2018 15:04:35

Best wishes David.

Time to concentrate on doing what you enjoy and enjoy what you are doing.

I doubt very much that you will give up the hobby, but you wont miss the stress !

Also Graham's "sabbatical" will have altered his perspective an he will be able to continue moving the magazine in the direction you have decided it needs to go. I'm sure you spend considerable time discussing it and no doubt will continue to do so !

Thread: This forum...
24/05/2018 20:28:13
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/05/2018 19:49:54:

Yeah I'd second that from Pete. For the vast majority of the time and people it is an easy and pleasant job to moderate this forum. So thank you to all of you!

I too am often amazed at what people on here know! Someone will ask a question, straight out of left field, not even about model aeroplanes, and there will be folks on here able to give knowledgable advice. Amazing! The only thing I think we haven't done so far is marrage guidance - but it wouldn't surprise me if we did that one day!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/05/2018 19:50:28

Speaking as a long time confirmed bachelor, my advice is "don't do it". devil

Thread: Spektrum receiver advice please.
24/05/2018 10:29:29
Posted by Cuban8 on 24/05/2018 08:28:32:

Not too clear about what's happened. Are we saying that the longer aerial with the integral 'amplifier' covered in heatshrink has been replaced with a simple short aerial?

Exactly.

Thanks for the help folks. Had it been mine it would have gone straight in the bin. The other alternative is to put it in a boat or car (with small electric motor).

23/05/2018 23:24:18

I don't use Spektrum, so am requesting a little assistance.

One of the club members damaged his Spektrum receiver and lost the long aerial that comes out of the side. The short aerial at the front was ok.

He took it into a model shop, who "repaired" it for him and said it was fine.

It now has 2 short aerials, both coming out of the front parallel to each other. It is not fitted with a satellite receiver.

The club instructor is not happy with it, but the member insists that the shop said it was ok to fly using it. I am not convinced, but there again, I would have binned the receiver, particularly knowing the number of "arrivals" it has had.

Can somebody with knowledge of Spektrum please advise.

Many thanks.

Thread: Club Facilities
22/05/2018 21:47:36

**LINK**

**LINK**

Thread: Solarfilm
10/05/2018 19:10:26

Have just put an order in, but there isn't much Solartex left.

Even less now. smiley

Thread: Ripmax Trainer 40 wanted
20/04/2018 21:10:40

I'm looking for a Ripmax Trainer 40. This is for a club project. I don't need a full model, just an airframe in any sort of state. It is not for flying ! It doesn't matter if it is damaged as long as it is not matchsticks. I don't need anything else, just the wood frame. Willing to pay a small fee and any shipping costs.

We use one of these as our club trainer, so it would be sensible to use a model that the members are familiar with.

This is the model I am looking for..

ripmax trainer.jpg

Thread: AirSail Piper Tomahawk restoration
14/04/2018 19:33:15

Well done Jon.

Any photos?

If anyone is interested, I have a couple of old stock Piper Tomahawk kits left (I haven't built mine yet).

Thread: There went another one.
12/04/2018 16:54:32

Don't know if anyone has mentioned about this. I couldn't find any reference on the forum.

**LINK**

Thread: Model identification help
29/03/2018 18:15:20

First, or second ? devil

Thread: Free Plans
28/03/2018 18:47:36

Peter Rake appears to be downloading his plans onto Hip Pocket Aeronautics free sharing site.

**LINK**

Thanks Peter.

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
22/03/2018 23:02:40

In keeping with the very first post in the thread.

We had a witch hovering over the flying field on her broomstick the other day.

We told her to clear off because we don't allow crones. crook

Ok. I know where my coat is.

Edited By kevin b on 22/03/2018 23:13:45

Thread: SOLARTEX
22/03/2018 22:57:47

You can get it here.

**LINK**

Thread: Complaint to mods
22/03/2018 19:34:23

I have just created a thread which was immediately (probably automatically) removed.

I think the reason was because it was titled with a fictional character from a world famous author's novels. Part of the name was the same as a well known public figure whose actions regularly cause hilarity and concern at the same time. The name in this context had no connection whatsoever with that person and in my opinion, as it is a common surname in this country, the action of removing the thread amounts to unnecessary censorship and may possibly considered in breach of my rights as a contributor to this forum.

The thread only contained information regarding our hobby and was an attempt to assist the original thread writer's attempt to create interest in a hobby related item.

The mods could have altered the title of the original writer's thread, or advised him to do so. Considering some of the content I have seen in threads on the forum. I feel the need to comment.

The moderators job is not an easy one and I generally feel they do a great (unpaid) job, but none of us are perfect and these comments are intended to be constructive. The possible use (in this case) of AI censoring thread content is a very worrying thought for the future.

Thread: FREE BOOKS!
22/03/2018 18:43:46

Steve's site is an excellent resource for aero modellers and aircraft enthusiasts.

I use it a lot and contribute as much as I can.

If anyone has any books, or magazines they want to share, but can't or don't want to spend hours scanning them, let me know. I am quite happy to scan and return them (at no cost), so that they be made available on the Outerzone website. The same applies to plans.

You can pm me with details first to avoid any duplication.

Please note that all material must no longer be readily available to purchase elsewhere from legitimate suppliers.

Kevinb Free plans, peace and love (Congratulations Ringo).

Thread: AirSail Piper Tomahawk restoration
20/03/2018 22:32:38

Hi Jon.

The kits will probably be going into full production the early part of next year. Some of them need new build manuals as the old ones are just fold out sheets (just like KeilKraft), which won't do for the modern builder. So guess who is doing the building ?

How are you going with the petrol Laser ? Haven't heard much for a while and what about the Laser induction electric motor I have heard about ? A little bird tells me we are due for some information soon.

20/03/2018 14:53:19

Things have moved on a bit, but only very slowly !

Unfortunately Dylan is now unable to continue with the laser cutting and kit manufacturing.

I am currently working my way through the (still) large pile of bits and have been able to produce a few kits from them. Spare canopies and cowls are not a problem.

Unfortunately no Chipmunks yet (lack of wood), but I can supply a few Gas Buggies, Voltimers, Volksplanes, Beavers, Austers (1900mm span) and Tomahawks.

If anyone is interested please pm me. I am not intending to market them retail.

I have also been in touch with a manufacturer, who wants to produce and sell the kits. My part will then be to help with R&D, to which there is another model at the prototype stage, with more to come.

I promised Brian Borland I would find a home for the kits in the U.K. It is just a shame that I was unable to do so before he passed away. However the new potential owners are keen to see the Airsail brand remain and grow and I, hopefully will be able to assist them

Kevin b Airsail news dept.

Edited By kevin b on 20/03/2018 14:55:37

vp.jpg

voltimer (4).jpg

!cid_f918cfadaccb4f278fa45deb1086c880@kevinpc.jpg

Edited By kevin b on 20/03/2018 15:00:13

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Gliders Distribution
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues