By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for kevin b

Here is a list of all the postings kevin b has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
11/03/2020 13:20:16

With regards to the thread title. Was that "insanity", or "insanitary" ?

I shall probably expect a reply from the North East. wink 2

However the question remains as we don't seem to have gotten to the bottom of it yet.

Personally I shall sit on the fence.

10/03/2020 10:00:05

710q+t7cxkl._ac_uy700_.jpg

09/03/2020 18:49:26

Loo roll ?

Personally I'm heading for the biscuit aisle !

wink 2

Edited By kevin b on 09/03/2020 18:49:55

09/03/2020 13:13:06
Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 09/03/2020 12:53:02:

Its a global problem apparently. I have friends in the USA and Japan with both reporting panic buying of bog roll. There was also a video posted of a fight breaking out in an Australian store as someone was stripping the entire shelf and refusing to let anyone else have any at all.

I dont get it. Of all the things to stockpile, why bog roll?

See Venesula for details. wink 2

I usually buy mine in bulk anyway (cheaper). Got mine at Xmas.

Just remind me. How many people on the planet die of Flu each year ?

Nature is just trying to do its job. It has a tough time with the balancing act and we don't help.

Thread: Peter Miller asks what next?
08/03/2020 19:17:45
Posted by paul d on 08/03/2020 18:45:16:

Peter, with all due respect your "designs" do tend to all be variations on a theme. How many mid wing monoplanes with a Set back cockpit does the modelling world need?

No offence etc......

I understand where you are coming from, but........

We all like our favorite type of models, but at the end of the day it is a question of which plans help sell magazines.

The latest small jets series is a good example. All basically the same concept but slightly different. They have currently caught the imagination of model aeroplane builders.

Over the years (lots of them) Pete has designed many different models, but I wouldn't mind betting that most of his plans that have been built from by magazine readers are brightly coloured sports models.

Also I shouldn't think the remaining magazine publishers are inundated with aspiring model designers either and the existing ones seem to be reducing in numbers fast.

I agree with your sentiment, so how about getting stuck into a model design for the new (ish) editor ?

There you go. Gauntlet thrown down. If you produce one I will.

Thread: David Boddington Tiger Cat
08/03/2020 18:05:22

PM sent Piers.

Thanks kc. I was beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination ! You can usually find a reference to a magazine somewhere, but up to now I have drawn a blank with this one.

08/03/2020 12:29:49

Hi ED.

On the plan it says "slow .20".

I think it probably means an old OS Max 20 !

This isn't for me, but one of the club members who is a bit "time poor".

I am looking for projects during this rubbish weather. I have at least 6 models to maiden and 2 boats ready for painting. Apart from that I have another 30, or so kits to build ! I don't want to start any more large models until the 2 waiting have been proven. Then I can finish them off.

I do manage to sneak into the garden when the rain stops for a few minutes, but it is very cold so just tidying up.

Edited By kevin b on 08/03/2020 12:32:21

08/03/2020 11:28:27
Posted by Piers Bowlan on 08/03/2020 11:01:26:

Ah Ha! Not what I was expecting. 36in span - would be ballistic on a modern .25 or BL outrunner leccy conversion. A bit more span and it might make a nice sloper too.

Personally I would fit electric, but this is for a dyed in the wool glow freak, who has an old OS Max 20 spare.

I am using it for practice with the wing design software I recently got.

Scaling up is not a problem if you want a copy.

08/03/2020 10:32:48
Posted by brokenenglish on 08/03/2020 09:06:50:

OK gents, I've found the plan and article.

It was in Aviation Modeller International, December 1996.

I'll be back as soon as I can get a scan done.

PM sent.

08/03/2020 10:29:55

I have the plan, which says on it "Presented with Fun Fly Special 1987. However DB was well know for rehashing plans every few years, so anything would be appreciated.

Many thanks for your replies.

tiger cat rcme special 87.jpg

I have just designed a built up wing for it and produced the laser cutting files.

Time to burn some wood !

08/03/2020 01:09:08

Apparently the issue was called the "Fun Fly Special" if anybody has it I would appreciate a copy of the article.

07/03/2020 13:57:34

Looking for help finding a magazine article for David boddington's Tiger cat.

I believe it was in the 1987 Special Issue.

I have the plan and am looking to produce a built up wing for it.

It would be nice to read the article and see any pictures of the built model.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
06/03/2020 20:32:19
Posted by Peter Miller on 06/03/2020 18:15:06:
Posted by Tim Ballinger on 06/03/2020 15:37:53:

Peter,

Glad it went well. You lost me with the half crown reference . Turns on a sixpence I can do and I certainly remember half crowns but together in one expression ?

Tim

Lets just say that it is an old expression relating to the sphinter muscles

I think you were being cheeky.

wink 2

Thread: On TV tonight....
05/03/2020 19:10:22

Personally Spitfire films bore the pants off me.

It's not that I don't like Spitfires. I also like peas, but I don't want them for every meal !

It's bad enough that most aircraft programs are produced from an American perspective (not that I don't like Americans either).

The problem is that they are produced for the "mass market" and not for enthusiasts.

I suppose we should be grateful that they are produced at all considering the general attitude towards our hobby.

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28/02/2020 11:18:02

Today's forecast says it is currently foggy and raining.

I can't see if it is foggy outside, because it is snowing heavily !

Thread: Flair Magnatilla plan wanted
26/02/2020 12:00:08

Try here.

**LINK**

Thread: All laser pointer users to be registered.
26/02/2020 11:48:06
Posted by Peter Miller on 26/02/2020 11:09:40:
Posted by Mowerman on 26/02/2020 10:48:53:

Hand guns were banned but gun crime has increased. Laws that cannot be enforced are pointless.

Drones can still be bought and used by idiots, Guns can still be obtained and used by gang members, Laser pointers are freely available for any idiot to use, I can not think of an answer to these problems, can you ?.

The death penalty. No repeat offenders

yes

Either that, or solitary confinement with a tv showing constant "reality TV" shows 24 hours a day with no off switch.

Thread: BMFA membership cards
18/02/2020 11:51:19

Didn't even receive a paper one. Had to download and print my own.

That must have saved them over £20.000 in postage costs plus printing.

Maybe that's why the membership price hasn't gone up.

Wonder how long before we get the magazine digitally ?

Thread: Anybody heard of this model?
12/02/2020 19:35:39

Do you mean this one Pete ?

wt sheet 1.jpg

wt sheet 2.jpg

Sarik should have the plans listed, but if not I might be able to help as it was a free plan (I don't sell them).

Thread: Who's flying today then ?
09/02/2020 12:38:35

Looks like the rest of the U.K is getting the weather we have had locally so far this year.

Getting plenty of work done on the new model though. Hull and superstructure are ready for painting and the cabin doors have been fitted.

Think the next model might be an Ark !

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!