By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Russ P

Here is a list of all the postings Russ P has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Shipping Lipos to Australia
28/08/2019 21:03:44

I have just received a lipo from Hobbyking posted from Hong Kong using FedEx, the paper work included a declaration of dangerous goods which stated that they were to travel on cargo aircraft only.

Don't know the cost as it was a replacement for a faulty lipo and they paid.

Would think that if you have to send them separately from your other belongings the cost would be prohibitive, buying new in Australia might be cheaper and easier.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
18/07/2019 12:34:15

Having followed Danny Fenton's build blog of the Seagull Chipmunk I had to have one. After a 3 month wait whilst my order made its way from Vietnam mines ready for its maiden. Its a superb ARTF!

chipmunk DHC1.jpg

Thread: Seagull 80" DH Chipmunk
20/06/2019 19:25:01

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to flying her.

20/06/2019 15:42:29

Danny/Chris

I've followed your blog and was impressed with the Chipmunk so I ordered one. 3 months later I've finally received one.

Although the instructions are easy to follow, I have a question which I hope you can help with, how do you wire the landing lights. I've enlarged you photos but still can't see how you did it.

Thanks

Russ

Thread: Using separate battery for servos and motor and how to connect them to Rx
11/05/2019 21:18:12

Thanks for the replies.

11/05/2019 19:55:48

How do I connect a Lipo for the motor and a Life to power the servos to the rx.

Thread: Down thrust?
09/05/2019 16:51:06

Thanks I'll chech out the points raised. Plenty to think about.

09/05/2019 12:43:43

I've built a Junior 60 with 2 channels, after a few of flights resulting in crashes I am looking for some advice.

Take off is fine, but after the climb out the model continually loops until it hits the ground! On the one occasion where I was able to close the throttle at the right moment the model glided to a perfect landing, all be it a long way a way.

I assumed that the c of g is correct due to the glide being ok, and adjusted the thrust line to give a couple of washers down thrust. But it still looped under power

How much down thrust is safe, if indeed that is the issue.

Thanks

Thread: Making wheels
24/04/2019 16:04:49

That's a great help, thank you all.

24/04/2019 10:39:13

That sounds like just the thing I wanted. Didn't think of the fibreglass idea, sounds good.

24/04/2019 09:49:51

I think I've read somewhere you can use neoprene, not sure that's right though.

24/04/2019 09:41:13

I haven't got the plan with me at the moment. I think it says use William brothers 41/2 in or it could be 4 3/4.

24/04/2019 08:58:16

I'm building a Gloster Gladiator and thought I would build the wheels. Any advice or link to a thread giving me some pointers. Also where can I get the rubber for the tyres.

Thanks

Thread: Fixed or steerable tail wheel
11/11/2018 14:27:37

I think I will go with a steerable on, and redesign the tail. On the plan it shows a solid balsa block which the tail plane sits on so I'll have to think about the structure to support this.

Thanks.

11/11/2018 14:06:50

I'm currently building a Gloster Gladiator and it shows a fixed tail wheel on the plan.

I was under the impression that a fixed tail wheel hinders the ground handling, would it be better if I fitted a steerable one. This would require major changes to the rear of the fuselage though.

Thread: Gloster Gladiator fuel tank position
23/10/2018 19:17:01

Thanks for the replies. I'll go with cutting out F2.

23/10/2018 19:10:18

The only problem with cutting F2 is that the u/c and carbine are secured to it and I'm afraid of weakening it.

23/10/2018 16:18:12

I'm currently building a Gloster Gladiator and trying to work out the best position for the fuel tank.

It will only fit between the firewall and F2 in a transverse position or behind F2 which will place it on the C of G.

The question is is it ok for the tank to be transverse or if behind F2 will the longer fuel run be ok?

img_1937.jpg

Thread: Laser cut parts
09/08/2018 21:36:47

Yes, they supplied the parts I requested. I think I sent them a list of parts ie F1 1/8th ply etc. They then emailed me a quote.

I'd give them a ring or email regarding what you want.

Edited By Russ P on 09/08/2018 21:37:41

09/08/2018 21:14:40

I used this service a few years ago, very good it was to. Sent them the plan, stating the parts I wanted, can't remember the cost though. A lot easier and quicker than buying the wood and cutting them myself.

Copied this from their website, it appears they still provide it.

Plan Tracing & CAD Drawing Service

At SLEC we can produce parts from customers original plans or rough drawings by copying and then tracing a digital line around the parts using CAD software, this allows the CNC cutting machines to cut following the digital line.
Please call 01953 885279 or email sales@slecuk.com to find out more information about our no obligational quoting service.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us