By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dave Wilshere

Here is a list of all the postings Dave Wilshere has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Terry Westrop
06/12/2016 20:45:42

Only ever met him at places like the Nationals and Sandown Park, but his son Andy is in the shop every week, a super keen aeromodeller too. Terry had been working with the another magazine title on designs and articles, I'm sure he could have taught people a lot. A friend bought one of Terry's Loaded Dice models when he had break from the hobby a few years ago and it was a joy to fly.

06/12/2016 10:19:49

Not sure where to post, but sad news that Terry Westrop was killed on Sunday while riding his motorbike.

Well known in the aerobatic circles and famous for the Loaded Dice range, thoughts must be with his family and flying friends

Dave Wilshere

Thread: 4 Blades Prop.
16/02/2014 18:49:33

Roc Hobbies (CML) do a 10 x 8 four blade for the Strega P-51 (which is brilliant!!) sure there are other ARF's out there with 4 blade props. Biela start at 14" in four blade carbon, APC offer some I/c sizes in 4 blade, but bigger pattern types I think. Graupner used to offer 6-7" four blade, try Logic Rc

Dw

Thread: What's your favourite glue brand?
16/02/2014 18:42:00

I have been a ZAP fan for years, but Deluxe have been working on their epoxies and the latest formula perform really well against what I'm used to. Liked the CA for some time, I tend to use thick and thin the most in my building and couldn't fault the Deluxe versions against my normal ZAP. I've been involved with the development of their composite special epoxy and the latest formula is a long way from the very first batches produced. I've been using some today on a new CARF Models SU-31 I'm building

The biggest thing with the company is they listen to customers, are willing to adapt and clearly have the team to achieve what they set out to do. They offer a complete range for the modeller, dual use for many things. Its a one stop range.

Dw

Thread: RD921 Rx Binding.
13/01/2009 17:47:00

Doug

Yes, some Rx's the "remote" units are the only part bound. This is why the Spektrum/JR Rx's are in my opinion better than the single unit.

It's also worth rebinding when the model set up is complete.

The new DSX 12 Rx has one receiver in the main box and upto four remote units making five!

Dave Wilshere

Thread: JR DSX 12 2.4 12 channel
13/01/2009 12:05:00

David

I've not used the PC kit yet, I've not even opened the bag with that and the instructions, I don't really have the need to store details on a PC.

I'm sure some of my techno customers have used it.

There are great helicopter features (for your brother!) like cyclic rings that stops binding without a circular ring glued to the stick housing.

Dave

13/01/2009 11:31:00

Guys

Been using the DSX-12 since just before Xmas, great radio with features I've still not discovered!

True 12 proportional channels that you can adjust for speed and travel, LST trim feature where the trim only moves the centre point, and leaves the overal travel the same each side (great for no binding) Servo speed adjustment on all channels, the list goes on.

3 modes for Aeroplane, helicopters and gliders, 50 model memories...it's a dream come true!

Dave Wilshere

Thread: JR DSX-9 2.4
24/04/2008 18:52:00

Andy

Welcome to quality

It's not as flexible as some of the German radios, but it gets close, it much more user friendly and like you say has the best sticks in the business-A Futaba World Champion told me that!!

Dave W

Thread: Graupner IFS
22/04/2008 09:58:00

Mike

OK

Dave

22/04/2008 07:23:00

Mike

I'd be very surprised if anything out side hits 2.4, the sort of interferance that causes 35mHz PPM to glitch would not touch 2.4, it's way too far up the band.

I'd need someone with a better understanding of electrical interferance to comment.

Dave

21/04/2008 17:50:00

Mike

I wouldn't know about PPM, it's for boats!

Most interferance is below 300mHz so at 2.4 Ghz is should not be a problem

Dave

20/04/2008 14:35:00

Roy

Guessed it would, it's part of the happening magazine!

Dave

20/04/2008 10:20:00

I can't review something I sell.

Anyway, it's a 9 x II with built in 2.4. programs and works as a 9 x II just on 2.4!

David, thought I'd see what was going on here!!

Regards

Dave

Thread: Graupner IFS
19/04/2008 12:42:00

I've flown the IFS and must say If not had a problem with mine.

The single aerial is limiting and I know of a few people who have had issues so there must be something with particular installations.

For sure the Spektrum system seems to be "idiot" proof and works well in all model types.

masking of the single aerial is easy on the IFS

Dave Wilshere

19/04/2008 12:39:00

Guys

I've had the JR DSX-9 a couple of days now and testing shows it to work as expected. After all it's the same system as Spektrum and now made in JAPAN in JR's prime factory.

I know a lot of people were waiting for a dedicated system and now they have a choice.

You can data transfer from a 9X II 35mHz into the DSX 9 and just change RX.

Dave Wilshere

Thread: Super Tigre 40
15/04/2008 17:49:00

I hope the problem has been cured.

I run my ST 40 on 5% nitro, Dad's....old school and does not like nitro, but it does help with power and idle.

On the ST motors it's also worth looking at how far the silencer is pushed in on the manifold, too far and it strangles the motor.

William's Taxi II flys great on 5% Coolpower or Bekra fuel and a 12 x 5 prop.

The kit tank is not the best and I do normally swop it out for a Dubro item, though club members are running them without problems

Dave Wilshere

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us