By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Gripper

Here is a list of all the postings Gripper has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The October Grand Prize Draw
02/10/2008 15:49:00
ok me please!
Thread: The September Grand Prize Draw
19/09/2008 08:42:00
me
01/09/2008 17:01:00
mememememememememememememememe...ME!!!
Thread: The August Grand Prize Draw
14/08/2008 12:46:00
Me please
Thread: The July Grand Prize Draw
03/07/2008 14:07:00
Me again please
Thread: The June Grand Prize Draw
04/06/2008 15:07:00
Me please!
Thread: The May Grand Prize Draw
19/05/2008 15:38:00
Not sure if i have posted already so here goes!
30/04/2008 10:44:00
me me me
Thread: RC in a balsa model
18/04/2008 12:57:00

Thanks Timbo, Erfolg,

After reading various forum messages and looking at the micron radio control website i have come to the decision to keep this project as a static model, even just to enjoy modelling again and brush up on my balsa building skills

I looked at the micron radio control website and i was amazed to see the different types of kits available, the one that stood out from the rest for me was the Molt Hellcat which is a balsa model construction but with radio control available as an option, anyone experienced this model as it looks great and could be a contender for my next model!

I could see myself  enjoying building this plane as well as flying it!

18/04/2008 09:59:00

Hi,

Thanks for the info although i am a bit confused after looking at different websites and posts just how many motors/rc equipment is out there and which one to go with.

This is my first model and i havent really decided whether rc is the way to go but would like to try it if possible. Anyone know of a cheap rc package i could get and fly and then canabalise the bits for this project after i have a better understanding of model flight!

While starting the wings last night i realised flight is not as simple as i first thought, on most model rc planes do they have any flap controls or is all the manoeuving done via the rear wing and tail, propulsion done via the motor speed?

thanks

Thread: The April Grand Prize Draw
17/04/2008 13:44:00
Me please
Thread: RC in a balsa model
17/04/2008 11:09:00

Hello all,

I have just started an old hobby from my childhood of building balsa/tissue paper model planes and i have a model of a  messerschmitt 109 by guillows.

I noticed on the plans that these models can be modified to take rc equipment and flown under powered flight, does anyone have experience of this?

The plans refer to a 0.20 pee wee engine but i dont think they make this engine anymore!!! is there an alternative?

I may be going down the wrong road on this as i have no experience of rc planes but i thought it would be nice to build and fly a small plane from scratch and maybe even build something bigger after a bit of experience with the small stuff

thanks

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us