By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Website Not Secure
13/06/2018 17:10:17
Posted by alec james on 13/06/2018 16:38:41:

Interesting as my browser (Edge) is still saying that the site is still 'Not secure'

Just checked my login on Firefox and it no longer warns me that the site is insecure, Alec.

Perhaps you could try clearing your cache and see if that makes a difference?

Pete

Thread: New Drone Laws from 30/5/2018
07/06/2018 18:18:27

Posted by MattyB on 07/06/2018 17:21:22:

I would (perhaps cynically wink) suggest they approached this primarily from a "how do we clear the airspace between 400 and 1000ft for commercial use" perspective. Whatever the intended usage of what flies in that 600ft IMO they want the same regs to apply so that access is made harder for recreational use and enforcement of the rogue element is easy. When they inevitably require electronic conspicuity in a few years time to implement USpace they will have successfully achieved their aim...

I totally agree with MattyB. Commerce wants exclusive access to the formerly valueless airspace below 1000ft and we are simply an irritation......

Pete

Thread: Printing whole threads off the forum.
05/06/2018 20:22:39

Scratching our heads in the back room at present, Ian - the whole pages may be a problem but you could select details in posts and save them as an image using the Windows Snipping Tool, for example. If it's text, you should be able to copy it off as a text file.

In respect of pics, try right-clicking on them, 'Save Image As' or whatever your browser describes the process as, and save them to your PC. I've just tried a random pic and got a very keepable result.

We'll check with the techies on the whole page question.

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 05/06/2018 20:23:41

Thread: Phoenix Flight Sim
05/06/2018 11:02:34

Hi Plummet,

I had followed those links too whilst I was ruminating whether to let the post stay. On balance, there was nothing to prove definitively that the file had willingly been provided by Phoenix and to now allow those links to be posted would be inconsistent with my original decision.

I would suggest that anyone wishing to avail themselves of those links either PM Plummet for them or do a bit of research for themselves - it wasn't too difficult.

Pleased that you've got it sorted anyway, Plummet, I've amended the heading.

Pete

30/05/2018 13:17:51

We've had a prospective new member attempt to post a link to a download site where the full version of Phoenix 5.5 is available. Clearly it would not be appropriate for this forum to condone this and provide the link, so the post has been rejected.

I hope Plummet resolves his problem but I don't think pirated software is the answer.

Pete

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
27/05/2018 21:50:51

Now I wasn't expecting that - 9th today and I've edged into a lead....teeth 2

Must pick up a lottery ticket tomorrow.....smile p

Well done, Charles!thumbs up

Pete

Thread: This forum...
24/05/2018 17:34:45

Very kind of you to say so, gents, but TBH it's the overwhelming majority of forumites who make our job very easy indeed - thanks to you all....thumbs up

Pete

Thread: Text Problems
24/05/2018 11:58:50
Posted by Geoff Sleath on 24/05/2018 11:47:29:

I get a bit of overlap using Firefox. I like Firefox. I ignore the overlap

Geoff

Same here - it started happening a while back on my PC. I don't get it on the laptop though - both are Win 10 and Firefox.

Pete

Thread: Parcel Force GRRR!!
22/05/2018 17:46:10

If it helps, the tyre pressure sensors I ordered last month from the UK for delivery to France had a pleasant week's holiday in Larnaca, Cyprus, en route to me....smile

Put on the wrong aircraft at Heathrow, I was told....

Pete

Thread: Posting Flickr images
17/05/2018 23:07:54

For anyone wishing to link to pics or albums on Flickr, the following instructions should work. There seems to be two ways of doing it. If anyone can come up with a simpler method, I'm all ears!smile

'Using a direct URL to link to the pic' Follow the instructions in this section to post individual pics, using the 'Image' button (to the left of the camera symbol) on the top line of the reply box in this forum:

1. Click a photo on Flickr to open it.
  2. Click the Download icon Click to download and image to Flickr..
  3. Click View all sizes.
  4. Click on the size you want to see - Medium 800 seems about right here.
  5. Right-click the image.
  6. Select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL (text may vary per browser).
  7. In the forum reply box, click on the 'Image' button to the left of the camera symbol in the top row and paste the URL in the box. Click on the box containing the Latin text and the picture should appear. Click the OK button and the picture will be embedded in your post.

'Embedding an album, photo or video' Follow the instructions in this section to post an album, using the blue 'Embed Media' button in the second row, next to the Youtube button.

1. Select the Album you wish to post from the Album List page.
  2. Click the Share icon Right-pointing arrow.
  3. Click Embed in the box which is displayed (see example below).
  4. Pick a size you want to display - 800 x 563 seems about right here.
  5. Copy the code by clicking on it (it will be highlighted in blue), then click the X.
  6. In the forum reply box, click on the blue 'Embed Media' button in the second row and paste the code in the box. Click OK and the album will be embedded in your post.

flickr embed.jpg

13/05/2018 20:33:20
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/albums/member_photo.asp?a=15348&p=804514

Thanks Icon, the result has warmed me up nicely after spending a wet and chilly weekend at the Circuit de Catalunya! On the phone at present so not sure if the pic above will come out right - I'll look in again when I'm back!

Pete
Thread: youtube
08/05/2018 17:11:52

Reading this thread, I've been wondering whether I should advise you all to clear your caches re the Youtube instructions as I updated Chris Bott's first post in the user guide thread in February this year....smile

Those instructions are current and correct, trust meteeth 2

The need to resize videos went out of the window some time back. I was wondering why you were all quoting the 'type 450 in the box' instruction and eventually discovered it in the box brought up when one clicks the Youtube icon in the reply box.

My apologies - I never bother with reading that so it escaped the updated instructions. I don't have editing rights to correct that box but I know someone who does, so I'll get them onto it...wink 2

Pete

Thread: TRASHED
07/05/2018 21:57:36

That sounds like a result, Peter.....smile

We only lock threads if we feel it necessary and I think we're a long way from needing to do that. All we ask is that folk consider how the content of their posts may appear to others, ta!

Pete

07/05/2018 09:24:38

Good to hear that you were able to get on the field yesterday, Peter, although hopefully the council will come up with a more permanent solution.

If forumites wish to continue the discussion, please stick to this particular incident - it's getting a bit tedious moderating comments airing the prejudices of some.....face 11

Pete

05/05/2018 21:23:33

I've deleted a post for using language which is unacceptable on this forum.

I suspect any blame should lay with the council which seems to to have sanctioned this without much thought as to the consequences, rather than the showmen?

Pete

Thread: Burroughs hill
04/05/2018 11:39:50

Thanks for providing the link, Mark - I'll lock this one off now and readers can follow the link to the main threadthumbs up

Pete

Thread: Chorus of Concern
01/05/2018 12:28:47

I think you'll get a better response if you start a new thread with an appropriate heading in this section, Davidthumbs up

Pete

Thread: A request to the Forum Web Administrator
30/04/2018 21:24:19

I, and I'm sure the other mods, were unaware of this, WW. If it's been raised before, then apologies for missing this glitch. Now I know about it, I'll let Beth Ashby know and I'm sure she will sort it ASAP......smile

Pete

Thread: help needed
29/04/2018 22:37:12

Hi Alex,

I'm sure the good folk here will help if we can, bearing in mind this is an RC model and not a microlight forum. I've edited out your phone number to avoid unwanted calls - any member wishing to contact you will send you a PM first.

If you can give us an idea of the problem, we'll see what we can dothumbs up

Pete

29/04/2018 19:05:21

Whew, had a bit of a let-off today, with only one car scoring points and two correct predictions....smile o

Nice one, Yorik!thumbs up

TBH, I spent much of the race waiting for the inevitable from the RBs...dont know

Pete

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues