By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
21/03/2020 08:18:45

Right now, I am smiling at the reporting of the 'severe measures' imposed last night with the closure of clubs, pubs and bars etc. That is just the start of it if the controls currently imposed here in France are anything to go by. Briefly, I can only leave my house for a few specific reasons, such as food shopping, go to essential work or visit a doctor. I can only leave the garden for some exercise such as a brief walk close in proximity to the house. No cycling, no angling, no walks in the woods. No visiting friends or family for a meal etc.

If the measures here are adopted in the UK, as they surely must soon if lockdown is to have any effect, then any preparations being made at club fields etc for continuing leisure activities are optimistic in the extreme.

Stay safe, folks.

Pete

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
18/03/2020 19:05:43
Posted by john stones 1 on 18/03/2020 17:44:51:

Glad to hear you're all well.

Dropped a clanger the other day, looking for a shop entrance and missed it, ended up driving in a bus lane.

Today I get a fixed penalty fine. Cheers my dear, hope they run outa loo roll. blush

Glad you're doing your bit to assuage the forthcoming National Debt rise, John!wink 2

Pete

16/03/2020 23:16:47

Keep it light, folks - we've a long way to go before we can justify being tetchy....wink 2

Pete

Thread: Drone crashes are now investigated by the AAIB
14/03/2020 17:50:46

Gents, apologies for something beyond my control. I edited the title as requested after looking at the thread which definitely contained a number of posts. I saved the one-letter change and all except Steve J's post had disappeared into the ether when the page re-loaded....crook

It wasn't finger trouble, honest!

Please feel free to post the thread opener again, leccythumbs up

Pete

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
13/03/2020 22:18:36
Posted by McG 6969 on 13/03/2020 19:24:17:

There is Pete who always pretend his (costly) visits to Barcelona or Paul Ricard don't bring him a clue forward.

Cheers

Chris

Too busy driving or flashing up the barby to do any worthwhile research, Chris, I assure youteeth 2

I was so pleased to be able to get the F1TV 'all races live' subscription at a sensible price here in France this year too......face 22

Now I think I'm looking forward to a refund on my Spanish ticket with the way things are going - and possibly Austria too...crying 2

Pete

12/03/2020 16:33:38

Autosport announcing cancellation of Australian GP, subject to statement by FIA and F1. Just announced on Sky News, too.face 21

Anyone for online dominos, snap, snakes and ladders - or can we have a Fantasy Fantasy F1?teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
09/03/2020 16:43:24

Every cloud has a silver lining.....

Look at it this way. All those panic-buying stocks of loo roll and pasta clearly intend to spend weeks and weeks at home, not emerging into public at all.

That's got to be a good thing for the rest of us, surely?teeth 2

Pete

01/03/2020 17:19:31
Posted by McG 6969 on 01/03/2020 10:53:08:

As we were 15 in 2019, we are short of 2 'oldies'... frown

With all this 'flu about, losing only 2 'oldies' over the winter isn't bad going......teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2

Pete

29/02/2020 20:04:59

You'll all be pleased to know I didn't learn anything from my days at Testing that will help this season...teeth 2

Not sure about the Alpha Tauri paint scheme - reminds me of the WW1 dazzle-pattern camouflage!

img_9658 (2).jpg

I haven't picked a team yet - and your comments above are filling me with gloom. It was hard enough last year...face 7

Pete

Thread: CAA ID number discussion
23/02/2020 18:13:31
Posted by trebor on 23/02/2020 17:26:01:

Pete, of course it was "tongue in cheek" dont forget to delete your post with my quote in case they report you laugh

I'd like to say I'm out of reach over here in sunny France - although my CAA ID arrived yesterdaysmile

You think you've got it difficult in the UK - here I have a different registration number for each model and the IFF bit is approaching (allegedly!)face 22

Pete

23/02/2020 13:35:19
Posted by trebor on 23/02/2020 09:35:30:
We could have our own Extinction Rebellion called the CAA Rebellion, go to the head office and dig some turf angry 2 I,ve got my spade in the car yes

Trebor, please reassure me and others who have reported this post as being irresponsible that it was intended as a 'tongue in cheek' comment, rather than a plan for the next wet flying day.....otherwise I'll have to remove itsmile

Pete

Thread: Self explanatory
19/02/2020 16:47:04

If the figure talking didn't have a pigtail I'm sure the same therapy would apply....smile

I'm also sure that if the lady flyers amongst us took exception to this they would not hesitate to let us know!

I don't believe the OP intended to cause hurt or upset to anyone and we see far, far worse every day, so until genuine harm or offence has been caused to anyone I see no reason for moderating the post.

This doesn't give a green light to anyone and everyone posting similar cartoons, by the way. We mods do draw a line but I don't believe this has reached it.

Pete

11/02/2020 21:57:49

Nice one, John - I see you managed to negotiate Turn 3 successfully at the first attempt - not everyone can manage it!wink 2teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Phil W's Sabre Build Blog
11/02/2020 21:23:59

Welcome, Phil!

Easiest way to insert pics is to upload them to an album here and use them as you wish. Full instructions here - any problems, just askthumbs up

Pete

11/02/2020 09:06:32
Posted by John Privett on 10/02/2020 23:07:41:

Ade - good to hear it thumbs up

Pete - if you're going to Barcelona for more 'inside information' I'll have to blow the dust off my video of my half-lap at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2018. (Not that it helped me much last year!)

Just over a month until Melbourne... smile d

Dust it off and put it up here, John....smile p

Pete

10/02/2020 21:21:57

You can't shake me off that easily - hoping for better this yearwink 2

Getting the motorhome ready for the run over to Barcelona for the 2nd week of testing - I'll be looking for inside information.....smile p

Pete

Thread: Drone laws 2020
04/02/2020 09:31:16
Posted by Callsign Tarnish on 04/02/2020 09:04:17:

Can I suggest an admin moves this thread into a 'general' section? This part of the forum is supposed to be for PSS mass build discussions.

Edited to add: ......or better yet close it as this topic has been done to death.

Done. I agree, the OP has the answer, the rules are fairly clear...

Pete

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
22/01/2020 19:02:21

Josip lasted posted back in October, Ken. I can't say when he lasted logged in though...

Let's hope all is well and he'll pop up soonthumbs up

Pete

Thread: battery c rating
12/01/2020 10:12:11

I'm a little late to the party but can I remind those concerned that on this forum we conduct ourselves with courtesy and civility towards other members. You can disagree with someone without resorting to insults. If that's not possible, then either scroll past the post or use the PM system to argue.

Thanks for your cooperation - I'll put this down to being weather-related.....dont know

Pete

Thread: Do you remove your lipo from your transmitter every time?.
11/01/2020 17:52:00

Getting a tad heated here so, as there is enough info now for folk to make their own judgement, I'll do as Don suggested earlier and draw a line under this thread....smile

Pete

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us