By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Multiple Photos
28/09/2020 18:14:21

I believe the forum software will resize your pics to fit the page width, Tosh, whatever size or resolution you make them, so we might just have to put up with your pics filling the post....teeth 2

A few years ago, the problem used to be that we had to reduce every pic to fit the page before uploading them - the auto-sizing was a real advance and I'm not sure the techies wouldn't appreciate being asked to unroll thatwink 2

Pete

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
31/08/2020 10:29:22

Bad luck, Charles, that must have hurt! Great score from Robin and, just for once, most of the holes in the cheese lined up for me. However, after his last lap, Danny Ric is now OFF my Xmas card list...wink 2

Pete

Thread: Servo Travel Problem on Spektrum DX9- Help Needed!
16/08/2020 16:52:12

Yet another thread moved to the appropriate section. Please check your Inbox for a PM I sent you on 31/7, Tosh....

Pete

Thread: Change of Address
14/08/2020 21:36:09

I'm not too familiar with the subscrioption side of things but I've just checked and indeed you do not have a number. On the accounts page the help numbers listed are UK: 0344 243 9023 International: +44 1604 828 748

Meanwhile, I'll draw Beth Ashby's attention to this thread - she should be able to help.

Pete

14/08/2020 18:36:49

Click on 'Subscribe now' in the banner heading, then the 'Your Account' button in the top right corner. That will give you access to update your details....thumbs up

Pete

Thread: What has happened to i.c. engines?
11/08/2020 18:14:21

Folks, I'm sure many of you will agree that we've had more than enough threads about the legislative situation.

I believe the OP was hoping to discuss the availability (or otherwise) of the traditional modelling materials and equipment we all knew and loved.....

Can we just try and stay on that topic, please?smile

Pete

Thread: Cherub glider
09/08/2020 20:59:35

Might be this thread, fb3. Otherwise, putting 'cherub' in the search box throws up several possibilities...

Pete

08/08/2020 09:35:10
Posted by John Tee on 07/08/2020 23:07:22:

While doing my predictions tonight I had a look round the site and see that I am classified as a rookie. Presumeably due to my dire record. Something else to try and improve on!!! Have we got any high classifications members not just higher than me?

John

Seems we are all classed as rookies if we don't spend any money with them. You're in good company!teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Any chance of a last unread post button
06/08/2020 17:49:58

Believe me, Allan, your wish list is unquestionably shared by all members and mods and has been for a long time...smile

I understand that, some time back, the forum owners looked at an updated package but encountered insurmountable problems in migrating the archive of posts and material across to new architecture. There is a huge amount of information in the archive which we would not wish to lose.

Unfortunately, to use a phrase which has recently appeared in the Press, 'it is what it is' - and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future....face 4

Pete

Thread: Is this Power Supply Suitable?
05/08/2020 12:58:38

I've just deleted a post that was prolonging the bickering - enough is enough....face 5

Pete

Thread: Your Hacked charger PSU's.
05/08/2020 12:54:45

I've edited out part of the unnecessarily challenging thread sub-title - it's not needed here. Please confine this thread to the subject matter, not opinions about the wisdom of doing it or not, ta....smile

Pete

Thread: Is this Power Supply Suitable?
05/08/2020 12:49:12

Come on, folks. I thought we'd long got past the need for the forum mods to 'nanny' people - we try to avoid it if possible, as most of you well know. However, when the arguments become personal then we have no alternative but to intervene.

There's clearly a difference of opinion on this subject - those who won't countenance any modification of 240v equipment and those who see it as a useful and interesting project. Those who urge caution have made their point adequately, I believe. If others choose to ignore your sage advice, that's up to them - you've done your bestsmile

One would hope that those who are tempted to make the modifications do so knowing that they are responsible for their own actions and if they get bitten, then they have themselves - and only themselves - to blame. If you don't know your own limitations then don't take the chance, I would say, and scroll past the subject.

I think we have to give most members the credit for being able to make their own judgement on many issues every day. This is just another decision for individuals.

Thanks - and play nicely!

Pete

02/08/2020 22:29:22

If I ever meet a Pirelli rep.....face 5

Pete

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
02/08/2020 11:44:22
Posted by Shaun Walsh on 02/08/2020 08:24:15:

Is there a problem with August's digital edition? Keep refreshing the content but nothing later than July appears.

Thanks

It's working fine for me on the Digital issues page, Shaun?

Pete

Thread: What was at your field today
02/08/2020 11:25:45

Brian,

I've massaged your post a little to avoid raised temperatures and potential trouble for us.

I can understand your frustration and anger but we live in different times now and I'd ask all members to rein in (see what I did there?smile) their descriptive prose - I'm sure we all know who you meant......wink 2

Thanks for everyone's cooperationthumbs up

Pete

31/07/2020 21:36:21

That's the end of the 'pass-out vouchers' for the drivers this season, then.....smile

Pete

19/07/2020 22:04:01
Posted by john stones 1 on 19/07/2020 21:57:10:

Think we all on same basic level myself, just been some good scores. smiley

It won't last, believe me....face 22

Pete

19/07/2020 12:42:25
Posted by john stones 1 on 18/07/2020 19:23:06:

A prediction right, nothing else though. sad

What are you moaning about - you're way up on where you were this time last Sunday!....teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Digital subscription question
16/07/2020 22:12:43
Posted by aduncan on 16/07/2020 20:12:54:

Can the digital edition be viewed on a pc, or is it only on a phone. If that is the case it would be a deal breaker for me.

Yes, it can be viewed on PC, laptop or phonethumbs up

Pete

12/07/2020 21:59:50

I don't think the entertainment value of the race matched that of quali but I'll happily take the resultteeth 2

Stunning score by Charles!

I'm gonna bask in today's good fortune as I suspect it isn't going to last....face 23

Pete

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!