By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
24/05/2019 18:37:06
Posted by john stones 1 on 24/05/2019 13:55:00:

face 1 Happy with my lads as is, back up drivers have been stars, it's the predictions wot makes or breaks you though.

...and so say all of us..........teeth 2

Pete

24/05/2019 13:08:44

Terrible news re Nikki, although after his lung transplant last year his long-term prospects didn't look good. I liked his interviews where he always called a spade a spade and didn't mince his words. RIP to a very courageous and determined man.

Meanwhile, astute buying and selling earlier in the season has put some useful funds in the budget and now means that I have the driver I wanted from the start, so you guys up front - check your mirrors - I'm on my way...smile pteeth 2

Pete

Thread: Clarity on Code of Conduct
22/05/2019 21:46:18

I didn't see the post so cannot comment but I would say it's a matter of using your judgement.

If you wouldn't say it to a ten-year-old, the vicar when he comes to tea or HM The Queen then it probably isn't accepted here... well, along those lines anywaysmile

Pete

Thread: My Ebay posting
21/05/2019 17:20:15

There's a specific thread for posting links to your Ebay items here, folks. We prefer you to use that rather than starting a new thread, ta.

Pete

Thread: Charge currents
19/05/2019 17:29:21
Posted by robert chamberlain on 19/05/2019 00:51:49:

My son ran into a situation lately that puzzled me. he has 2 twelve volt batts in series for 24 volts. I believe they are LiFE .

This was for a power drill. Not A/C related but I figured it is the same chemistry. Taking it off the charger, he separated the two 12 volt batts , and the one measured 35 volts! How can this be? What is going on here? Any thoughts out there?----------------Bob in Kansas

Hi Bob,

Just a thought but might it be worth starting a new thread to deal with this? It's a long way from Eneloops...smile

Pete

14/05/2019 12:13:37

Well, yet another race where my inside info didn't help in the least. Great result, well done, John!thumbs up

After a weekend of BBQs and paella, I've now drifted off to a nice campsite deep in the Aragon countryside to do a bit of tidying and dhobi-ing before heading further west, With mains hook-up, I've been able to do a bit of editing of pics.

Bit of a mixed bag, we'll start with a relatively unusual engine fire in one of the F2 cars on the formation ;lap of the Sunday race:

engine fire.jpg

A380 low (1000ft) and slow (180kts) flypast:

a380.jpg

Passing shots of Lewis, Seb, Charles and Max:

lewis.jpg

vettel.jpg

leclerc.jpg

max.jpg

Finally, last safety car lap just before Lewis scampered off like a rocket to set fastest lap (another 210pts in the bag!smile p)

restart.jpg

Pete

12/05/2019 12:54:07

Your 1 to 3 prediction is spookily similar to mine, John..... then we have a difference of opinion lol

Pete

12/05/2019 11:36:42

Greetings from a very sunny Barca. I've been a bit lax on the pics so far but will get a few this afternoon. I sacked one team after quali, we'll see if I was right.

John shouldn't expect too much from my inside info.....it hasn't worked!

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 12/05/2019 11:37:20

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 12/05/2019 11:38:06

Thread: Anyone for a Tiffie?
03/05/2019 21:41:21

Good to know it's in a safe pair of hands, Trevor. I don't see any reason, if you wish, why you shouldn't carry on the build progress in this thread. I'm sure BEB would appreciate that and I've no doubt he will be keeping an eye on you - and possibly tut-tutting from time to time...smile

Pete

Thread: Unknown Glider
03/05/2019 18:14:17

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum! Yiou should get some help here but a photo and description would be usefulsmile

Have a look here and here to find out how to put a photo up on your poststhumbs up

Pete

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
02/05/2019 18:20:41
Posted by Julian Murch on 02/05/2019 16:32:39:

Is there anybody there??

I'm sure Beth will get back to you just as soon as she has an answer, Julianthumbs up

Pete

28/04/2019 21:34:21

Nice one, Adethumbs up

I made some prediction changes just before quali and regretted them afterwards, although it didn't turn out quite as bad as I had expected. Gotta stick with my first instincts in future and have faith in the metaphorical pin in the monitor screensmile

There's a gang of four of us heading down the road to Barcelona in a fortnight, so I'd like to think a bit of on-the-spot knowledge will help, but somehow I doubt it!teeth 2

Pete

Thread: BMFA Classifieds Registration
16/04/2019 18:36:04

Hopefully one of our BMFA upper-echelon type folk will look in and see this....thumbs up

Pete

16/04/2019 17:46:44
Posted by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 16/04/2019 15:14:53:

Well I got a reply, and a password change email.

It doesn't work.

I'm getting annoyed.

I think you'll have to persist with whatever email contact you've had with BMFA to resolve the issue, Stuart - more likely to get a result than asking here but let us know if they sort itthumbs up

Meanwhile, please stay on topic, folks - this isn't a thread about the history of the Internet...smile

Pete

Thread: With much regret, selling up
16/04/2019 17:37:35

If you edit and delete your sales listings as items are sold, Stearman65, that will save you the need to inform everyone each time, ta.

Pete

Thread: My Items still for sale now on Ebay
16/04/2019 17:13:55

Sorry, this section 'Ebay Watchers' is not intended to be used as another outlet for directing sales. If you wish to list items for sale do so in the appropriate thread here.

I'll lock this one off now...

Pete

14/04/2019 19:02:22

Well done, Johnthumbs up

Note to self - must try harder....face 7

Pete

Thread: Burn Crispy Aviators
10/04/2019 11:42:22

John's post deleted, Martin, at his request for the reason you suggest, ta...thumbs up

Pete

Thread: Another Millennium Bug?
06/04/2019 08:31:59
Posted by Alan H on 05/04/2019 12:25:52:
Posted by Alan Gorham_ on 05/04/2019 11:12:46:

Delicious irony that your thread title describes it as a big! laugh

Oops, finger fumble. It might turn out to be a big bug though!

Fixed the header in case anyone wonders!teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Russian Drone - Horrific
31/03/2019 22:07:02

Quick field rule amendment: All turns must be made away from the pits....wink 2

Pete

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us