By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
06/07/2020 13:00:05
Posted by john stones 1 on 06/07/2020 12:41:49:

Well done John, anyone get a prediction correct ? none for me.

Does a 'nearly' count?teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2

A good result for John, well donethumbs up

Let's hope it doesn't last.....face 20

Pete

05/07/2020 21:27:26
Posted by McG 6969 on 05/07/2020 18:47:47:

On a side note, do you remember that you posted that 'head pic' when I started my F-86 Sabre thread? Do you happen to visit the blog sometimes?

Yes - are you now going to tell me that the character standing there is actually a photograph of you and that your avatar pic is that of a cool-looking friend?teeth 2

Pete

05/07/2020 18:29:26

I'm sure it will just whet their appetites. I'll take the 'young man' as a bonus any day...teeth 2

Look after yourself, the bugs are out to get you....

Pete

05/07/2020 18:11:41

Just a reminder, Chris, that not everyone has had the opportunity to see the race live - UK non-Sky customers can't start watching the race until 1930 CET.....smile o

I've got the F1TV subscription to watch live via the internet here in France, not available in all countries, so I'm OK. I think it's best to wait for John P to put up the results when the highlights programme finishes before any hints/spoilers, ta! thumbs up

Pete

Thread: Uploading photos to your album from photo file on PC
04/07/2020 17:44:12

Thanks Jim, that's covered the important bitsthumbs up

For wingcoax's info, there's a thread on adding albums and pics here, in the Forum User Guides section. Plenty of help from the folk here if you have any problems, as you've found outteeth 2

Pete

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
02/07/2020 09:46:50

Just got back from a few days in Spain - when I really should have been rolling up at the camping at the Red Bull Ring today. Still haven't had the race tickets refunded....face 8

Anyway, when I've got 5 minutes I shall be revisiting my selections - will it all be any more difficult this year, one wonders? Good luck to all and may the best man win - here and on the track!thumbs upteeth 2

Pete

Thread: Old posts deleted
24/06/2020 21:21:37
Posted by Doc Marten on 24/06/2020 20:35:08:
I get what you say about 'taking the ball home' but that's something that now needs to be considered before banning, a risk if you like of over moderation or how a member perceives they are being treated by other/another member(s).

Just to be clear, the only posts a moderator would remove are those which would breach the Code of Conduct. I cannot think of any circumstances where we would arbitrarily delete a member's entire posting history - we know only too well how much it disrupts the flow of threads. Deletion of content is only ever at the specific request of the member - and, believe me, we always try to dissuade them....smile

Pete

Thread: Will we continue to get the magazine (RCM&E)?
22/06/2020 14:06:58
Posted by Piet Timmermans on 22/06/2020 10:10:25:

Hello ,its now 22 Juli ,bud stil nothing received from the printed RCM&E magazine,Why not.

hello

You're a month ahead, Piet - it's 22nd June today!smile

Overseas subscribers, like me, haven't had the printed copy delivered for a while but David has said the deliveries will start again with the July issue. I'm expecting it to arrive any day now, hopefully.

We'll just have to be patient and wait for all the gears to mesh....smile p

Pete

Thread: 1/4 Mike Reeves Pup
21/06/2020 16:06:53

Hi James, welcome to the forumsmile

If you're having a problem with posting pics, there are explanatory threads the Forum User Guides sectionthumbs up

Pete

Thread: Minor irritation
15/06/2020 21:34:49

Yes, the adblocker seems to be the answer - I run Ghostery on Firefox as an add-on. 'Trusting' the site solves the text overlap issue. Switching off the 'Enhanced Tracking Protection' (the shield to the left of the address panel) doesn't have an effect.

I've now got 13 trackers following my progress.....face 7

Pete

15/06/2020 19:20:50

I get much the same, Martin, although the having to login again is fairly infrequent and the tick box option doesn't often show up on my laptop, for some reason.

I put it down to a Firefox glitch - it has been behaving strangely for me recently on other sites.

Pete

15/06/2020 18:16:32

I can assure you it happens to the best of us....teeth 2

Can't remember when it didn't, to be honest!

overlap.jpg

Pete

Thread: May and June issues
13/06/2020 13:16:51

Hi Piet,

Please read this post by David Ashby which explains the situation for overseas subscribersthumbs up

I'm hoping normal service will be returned soon as I live overseas, toosmile

Pete

Thread: Where can i buy 2mm pushrods 750mm long
13/06/2020 10:09:37
Posted by Den Moran on 13/06/2020 09:48:33:

Hi, hope you have that sorted! Meanwhile, can anyone tell me where I can buy plain old 1.5mm mild steel rod, in one metre lengths, please?

Hi Den,

You'd probably get a better response if you start a new thread - put '1.5mm mild steel rod' in the title and you'll be bound to get a quick reply!thumbs up

Pete

Thread: SPACE X LAUNCH
30/05/2020 23:34:54

Watched a very good pass of the ISS overhead down here in SW France at 2312hrs, shortly after followed by the Dragon scuttling after it. Gonna have to go a bit to catch the ISS by Sunday afternoon.....smile p

Pete

Thread: Test
30/05/2020 23:24:35

If you want to try out some of the forum functions, tigerman, the best place to do it is in the Sandbox, which is set aside for test posts, ta...thumbs up

As well as Dwain's help above, you can find a thread on embedding YT videos in the Forum User Guides section.

Once you've done the first, it's a doddle, believe me!teeth 2

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 30/05/2020 23:28:01

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
16/05/2020 12:57:53

Re the Model Engineer issue, see herethumbs up

Pete

Thread: Has anyone heard from Jeff2Wings ?
15/05/2020 17:06:14

It's a consequence of the GDPR regulations - if a member asks to have their details and content wiped from the site, we have no choice. It's happened on very few occasions, fortunately, as the results when threads are disrupted are plain to see - or not see, as it were.....smile

We're also constantly plagued with spammers, normally easily identified and we can deal with them there and then , but occasionally they'll get a post through. Once we identify them, their details are wiped and it may leave a 'Former member' post.

Pete

Thread: Target For Tonight Film
01/05/2020 14:21:30

Posted by Peter Miller on 01/05/2020 13:32:25:

While a Shackleton doing ground runs makes every part of the body tremble.

It can do a bit more than that, Peter!teeth 2

Pete
Thread: Ammonia use?
30/04/2020 22:19:45

It's been quite a while since I used ammonia to induce a curve in wood and it certainly worked but my memory's a bit hazy about. I can't remember the dilutions but having soaked the hard sheet that had been supplied in a kit overnight, it had softened considerably to the extent that it was easy to wrap over the ribs from the spar to the leading edge, pin in place and leave to dry.

If you can get some ammonia, treat it with a lot of respect - it can certainly clean your tubes!smile o

Put the wood in a long poly bag, pour in the diluted ammonia, seal the bag and lay it in a long tray/container of some description, placing a heavy weight on the wood. Leave it outside - anywhere indoors and the fumes will penetrate the entire house - for a day, then remove the wood from the bag. It should have softened considerably. Weighting it again, leave it to air dry naturally.

Here in France, 13% ammonia is available in all DIY shops and many supermarkets in litre bottles, so it wasn't a problem for me.

I can't guarantee it will work, so it may just be easier to order some suitably graded sheet from SLEC or similar, perhaps?

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!