By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
09/03/2020 16:43:24

Every cloud has a silver lining.....

Look at it this way. All those panic-buying stocks of loo roll and pasta clearly intend to spend weeks and weeks at home, not emerging into public at all.

That's got to be a good thing for the rest of us, surely?teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
01/03/2020 17:19:31
Posted by McG 6969 on 01/03/2020 10:53:08:

As we were 15 in 2019, we are short of 2 'oldies'... frown

With all this 'flu about, losing only 2 'oldies' over the winter isn't bad going......teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2

Pete

29/02/2020 20:04:59

You'll all be pleased to know I didn't learn anything from my days at Testing that will help this season...teeth 2

Not sure about the Alpha Tauri paint scheme - reminds me of the WW1 dazzle-pattern camouflage!

img_9658 (2).jpg

I haven't picked a team yet - and your comments above are filling me with gloom. It was hard enough last year...face 7

Pete

Thread: CAA ID number discussion
23/02/2020 18:13:31
Posted by trebor on 23/02/2020 17:26:01:

Pete, of course it was "tongue in cheek" dont forget to delete your post with my quote in case they report you laugh

I'd like to say I'm out of reach over here in sunny France - although my CAA ID arrived yesterdaysmile

You think you've got it difficult in the UK - here I have a different registration number for each model and the IFF bit is approaching (allegedly!)face 22

Pete

23/02/2020 13:35:19
Posted by trebor on 23/02/2020 09:35:30:
We could have our own Extinction Rebellion called the CAA Rebellion, go to the head office and dig some turf angry 2 I,ve got my spade in the car yes

Trebor, please reassure me and others who have reported this post as being irresponsible that it was intended as a 'tongue in cheek' comment, rather than a plan for the next wet flying day.....otherwise I'll have to remove itsmile

Pete

Thread: Self explanatory
19/02/2020 16:47:04

If the figure talking didn't have a pigtail I'm sure the same therapy would apply....smile

I'm also sure that if the lady flyers amongst us took exception to this they would not hesitate to let us know!

I don't believe the OP intended to cause hurt or upset to anyone and we see far, far worse every day, so until genuine harm or offence has been caused to anyone I see no reason for moderating the post.

This doesn't give a green light to anyone and everyone posting similar cartoons, by the way. We mods do draw a line but I don't believe this has reached it.

Pete

11/02/2020 21:57:49

Nice one, John - I see you managed to negotiate Turn 3 successfully at the first attempt - not everyone can manage it!wink 2teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Phil W's Sabre Build Blog
11/02/2020 21:23:59

Welcome, Phil!

Easiest way to insert pics is to upload them to an album here and use them as you wish. Full instructions here - any problems, just askthumbs up

Pete

11/02/2020 09:06:32
Posted by John Privett on 10/02/2020 23:07:41:

Ade - good to hear it thumbs up

Pete - if you're going to Barcelona for more 'inside information' I'll have to blow the dust off my video of my half-lap at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2018. (Not that it helped me much last year!)

Just over a month until Melbourne... smile d

Dust it off and put it up here, John....smile p

Pete

10/02/2020 21:21:57

You can't shake me off that easily - hoping for better this yearwink 2

Getting the motorhome ready for the run over to Barcelona for the 2nd week of testing - I'll be looking for inside information.....smile p

Pete

Thread: Drone laws 2020
04/02/2020 09:31:16
Posted by Callsign Tarnish on 04/02/2020 09:04:17:

Can I suggest an admin moves this thread into a 'general' section? This part of the forum is supposed to be for PSS mass build discussions.

Edited to add: ......or better yet close it as this topic has been done to death.

Done. I agree, the OP has the answer, the rules are fairly clear...

Pete

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
22/01/2020 19:02:21

Josip lasted posted back in October, Ken. I can't say when he lasted logged in though...

Let's hope all is well and he'll pop up soonthumbs up

Pete

Thread: battery c rating
12/01/2020 10:12:11

I'm a little late to the party but can I remind those concerned that on this forum we conduct ourselves with courtesy and civility towards other members. You can disagree with someone without resorting to insults. If that's not possible, then either scroll past the post or use the PM system to argue.

Thanks for your cooperation - I'll put this down to being weather-related.....dont know

Pete

Thread: Do you remove your lipo from your transmitter every time?.
11/01/2020 17:52:00

Getting a tad heated here so, as there is enough info now for folk to make their own judgement, I'll do as Don suggested earlier and draw a line under this thread....smile

Pete

Thread: CAA Registration Impact on STEM Activities
07/01/2020 19:04:41

Now that we all know what STEM is, perhaps we can concentrate on the thread topic, eh?....smile

Pete

Thread: Tufcote / Furniglass
05/01/2020 13:50:59

Gents, there's a bit of thread drift here. If you want to discuss ammo please feel welcome to start a thread in Chit-chat and we'll keep this one on-topic about fuelproofing, ta.....wink 2

Pete

Thread: Very heavy drones!
02/01/2020 21:24:33

Further on the Aphrodite project, it cost the life of one of the Kennedy brothers: **LINK**

Pete

Thread: Sloping at Ivinghoe in 1963
25/12/2019 13:07:13

Hi Kiwikid,

I edited the heading but for some obscure reason it has also deleted your first post containing the video! I was able to copy the video URL so I'm re-posting it here. Apologies - haven't a clue what happened!smile o

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 25/12/2019 13:08:13

Thread: From one simple question to chaos
21/12/2019 17:09:44
Posted by Don Fry on 21/12/2019 16:58:07:

Now Pete. You are being provocative and opaque. It is clearly an argument, looking for a subject.

We really do need a 'Like' button here...teeth 2

Pete

Thread: What make is this
21/12/2019 17:01:04

These modern systems, with the refill controlled by a float sliding up the plastic column, seem to be prone to this, certainly here in France. They are a pain - I've had to replace mine and an elderly neighbour's.You could try sanding off any excess flashing on the guide part of the shaft to make sure it has as little resistance as possible. Glueing a small block of EPS to the float might overcome the lack of oomph in the, what seems to me, marginally-sized float.

I don't think they have anything like the reliability and longevity of the lever-arm ballcock system. Progress, eh?crook

Pete

Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!