By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
21/06/2019 21:59:05

I can assure you, Don, that I don't believe anything useful could ever have grown on this bit of France. That's why they probably decided to build a race track hereteeth 2

I have to admit to imbibing a glass or two of Chilean Merlot from Lidl this evening...embarrassed

Chris, will you kindly stop putting the kiss of death on my predictions, please - you've done it again!face 7

Pete

20/06/2019 21:35:41

Signing in from the campsite at Paul Ricard. I vowed that I'd not come back after last year but a cheap ticket offer in April tempted me. Unfortunately it seems ticket sales have collapsed and they're now offering 40% off....

Apparently they're expecting just 1000 camping units this year, 2000 fewer than last year. Wrong circuit, wrong place and the public seem to have let them know. Pity they have a 5 year contract...sad

I made the 2km walk from the campsite across the unforgiving roughly-cleared Provencal scrubland in about 28C today (and that's just to reach the nearest gate!) and joined the throng on the pitwalk. The wheel-changing at Mercedes needs sharpening up before Saturdaysmile

Anyway, predictions made so may the best man win!

Bonne chance, everyone!smile p

Pete

Thread: Kings Lynn Model Shop
12/06/2019 22:29:27
Posted by Charlie Cox on 12/06/2019 21:53:17:

Hi all.

I'm Charlie as mentioned above.

There are two guys working in the shop who, to be fair are usually answering phones and fulfilling orders all day every day.

A really good friend owns it and i help out in a very small way, and two good friends work there who are modellers themselves and are really, really helpful in all things modelling.

Hope that helps

Charlie

Thanks Charlie - that's useful info from one who knows and should put folks minds at easethumbs up

Pete

Thread: TV Licence petition
12/06/2019 22:05:00

I'll hazard a guess that those who want to have made their point now, so to avoid we mods having to sort out a shift rota to keep it nice, I'll close this one off now....smile

Pete

12/06/2019 18:54:11
Posted by Nigel R on 12/06/2019 17:20:56:

Left wing? Really? Think we've veering into politics which will get the mods upset...

Well worth a mention, Nigel, we are keeping an eye on things....wink 2

The saddest thing of all is that we are all suffering from a government policy of 'divide and rule', it would seem. I don't think I've ever seen the country so split between generations, let alone classes...sad

Pete

09/06/2019 16:17:39

Gloom everywhere, it seems - hope the race makes up for it!teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
03/06/2019 13:04:51

Good to see the thread's back on topic, lads...wink 2

Pete

Thread: BMFA Update
30/05/2019 22:48:53

Andy Symons posted that update text in the existing thread earlier today, Kevin. Probably best that the discussion remains in one place over there so I'll lock this one off now...thumbs up

Pete

Thread: Beth's off.....
29/05/2019 17:24:45

Good luck and Best Wishes, Beth!thumbs up

We'll keep an eye on your Dad in the back room. He's bound to fret a bit... teeth 2

I'll be able to offer him some advice as one grandad to another, as well...my seventh is due in a couple of weeks!wink 2

Pete

27/05/2019 12:54:07

Great result, John!thumbs up My startegy didn't go quite to plan though.....sad

Not the greatest of races tbh, but one of the most stressful - for both Lewis and me....teeth 2

Hoping to resume normal service sometime soon,

Pete

24/05/2019 18:37:06
Posted by john stones 1 on 24/05/2019 13:55:00:

face 1 Happy with my lads as is, back up drivers have been stars, it's the predictions wot makes or breaks you though.

...and so say all of us..........teeth 2

Pete

24/05/2019 13:08:44

Terrible news re Nikki, although after his lung transplant last year his long-term prospects didn't look good. I liked his interviews where he always called a spade a spade and didn't mince his words. RIP to a very courageous and determined man.

Meanwhile, astute buying and selling earlier in the season has put some useful funds in the budget and now means that I have the driver I wanted from the start, so you guys up front - check your mirrors - I'm on my way...smile pteeth 2

Pete

Thread: My Ebay posting
21/05/2019 17:20:15

There's a specific thread for posting links to your Ebay items here, folks. We prefer you to use that rather than starting a new thread, ta.

Pete

Thread: Charge currents
19/05/2019 17:29:21
Posted by robert chamberlain on 19/05/2019 00:51:49:

My son ran into a situation lately that puzzled me. he has 2 twelve volt batts in series for 24 volts. I believe they are LiFE .

This was for a power drill. Not A/C related but I figured it is the same chemistry. Taking it off the charger, he separated the two 12 volt batts , and the one measured 35 volts! How can this be? What is going on here? Any thoughts out there?----------------Bob in Kansas

Hi Bob,

Just a thought but might it be worth starting a new thread to deal with this? It's a long way from Eneloops...smile

Pete

14/05/2019 12:13:37

Well, yet another race where my inside info didn't help in the least. Great result, well done, John!thumbs up

After a weekend of BBQs and paella, I've now drifted off to a nice campsite deep in the Aragon countryside to do a bit of tidying and dhobi-ing before heading further west, With mains hook-up, I've been able to do a bit of editing of pics.

Bit of a mixed bag, we'll start with a relatively unusual engine fire in one of the F2 cars on the formation ;lap of the Sunday race:

engine fire.jpg

A380 low (1000ft) and slow (180kts) flypast:

a380.jpg

Passing shots of Lewis, Seb, Charles and Max:

lewis.jpg

vettel.jpg

leclerc.jpg

max.jpg

Finally, last safety car lap just before Lewis scampered off like a rocket to set fastest lap (another 210pts in the bag!smile p)

restart.jpg

Pete

12/05/2019 12:54:07

Your 1 to 3 prediction is spookily similar to mine, John..... then we have a difference of opinion lol

Pete

12/05/2019 11:36:42

Greetings from a very sunny Barca. I've been a bit lax on the pics so far but will get a few this afternoon. I sacked one team after quali, we'll see if I was right.

John shouldn't expect too much from my inside info.....it hasn't worked!

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 12/05/2019 11:37:20

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 12/05/2019 11:38:06

Thread: Anyone for a Tiffie?
03/05/2019 21:41:21

Good to know it's in a safe pair of hands, Trevor. I don't see any reason, if you wish, why you shouldn't carry on the build progress in this thread. I'm sure BEB would appreciate that and I've no doubt he will be keeping an eye on you - and possibly tut-tutting from time to time...smile

Pete

Thread: Unknown Glider
03/05/2019 18:14:17

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum! Yiou should get some help here but a photo and description would be usefulsmile

Have a look here and here to find out how to put a photo up on your poststhumbs up

Pete

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
02/05/2019 18:20:41
Posted by Julian Murch on 02/05/2019 16:32:39:

Is there anybody there??

I'm sure Beth will get back to you just as soon as she has an answer, Julianthumbs up

Pete

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us