By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: From one simple question to chaos
21/12/2019 16:49:05

There's a bunch of mods sitting here wondering what this thread is about....dont know

Go on - give us a clue.....wink 2

Pete

Thread: Merry Christmas
16/12/2019 16:28:47

Only one post from the UK so far! teeth 2

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

Wishing you plenty of gift, a bit of beer orcocktail whatever your tipple is, and I hope you don't end up feeling like this....crook

Pete

Thread: How to contact the site moderators!
14/12/2019 14:51:27
Posted by Andy Stephenson on 14/12/2019 14:18:54:

There is a problem with marking of topics on this forum.

Once I have read any post in a topic the topic title stays greyed out as it there no more new posts even when there are new posts. Is this standard practice and if so what use is it like this and can it be corrected.

The greying-out merely indicates that it is a thread you've previously opened, Andy. I don't think the forum software would extend to such luxuries as detecting new posts in a thread.

If you wish to follow a thread, you have the option to get email notifications of additions by ticking the box below the reply field at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps...thumbs up

Pete

13/12/2019 22:35:59

There doesn't seem to be any reason why you're not getting responses to that thread other than perhaps readers are just lurking or, Heaven forbid, there isn't a lot of interest amongst readers.

A mod is needed to transfer posts, Martin, but can only do so after you have started a thread - we cannot start one in your name. It also depends on how many posts you were thinking of having transferred - it's a time-consuming process and we normally only do so if there is no alternative solution.

To be honest, I don't think starting a new thread would achieve anything better than the existing lack of response...face 11

Pete

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
09/12/2019 21:21:53

If you mean the glider in your avatar, Michael, it would be better to post the original-sized pic in a new thread in the gliding section and ask there. Better to keep this thread on-topic, thanks....thumbs up

Pete

Thread: BMFA News Dec 2019
08/12/2019 21:56:06

Post deleted - we can't tolerate personal attacks here. Please think before you post, or even better, have a read of the C of C....sarcastic

Pete

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
01/12/2019 22:08:52

Well done John S for today's win - great points score! Well done to Chris too on a great season's racingthumbs up

Finally managed to get a 1-2-3 in the right order today, about time too!teeth 2

Pondered binning Leclerc and going for Bottas after P3 yesterday but didn't have the nerve - pity, as a quick calc seems it would have given me another 40+ points. Ah well, there's always next season....smile p

Finally, a huge vote of thanks to John P for yet again performing magnificently as our very own Race Directorthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Ordered my tickets for Spain and Austria 2020 yesterday taking advantage of a 15% Black Friday discount, so now looking forward to a few days at testing in Barcelona in February - snow permitting!smile p

Pete

Thread: Christmas Excess
30/11/2019 21:50:59
Posted by kevin b on 30/11/2019 18:11:29:

BAH HUMBUG.

(there's always one)

cheeky

Totally agree, Kevin - but I like CAKE!!!teeth 2

Pete

30/11/2019 17:32:55

This year I thought I'd be a bit more scientific with the Xmas cake, which I made, along with the Xmas pud, at the beginning of November. Always use the Delia Smith recipe and usually just use a toothpick and teaspoon to administer the regular anointings of armagnac. I'm using a hypodermic and needle this year, about 10cc(ishteeth 2) each side every ten days - the next is due tomorrow.....smile p

Pete

Thread: CAA or BMFA test to comply with OP & FLY ID
25/11/2019 09:49:04

I've moved this thread into the All Things Model Flying section where this subject is being discussed. To avoid confusion, I'll lock this thread and ask that the discussion continue on this long-running thread, ta....thumbs up

Pete

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
22/11/2019 21:23:18
Posted by john stones 1 on 22/11/2019 18:02:18:
I heard a rumour the free Fantasy F1 might be coming to an end. question

Is nothing sacred?face 22

Pete

22/11/2019 17:31:21

Gents, it's sad to see that the subject has reached the stage where forumites are sniping and bitching at each other here, when modellers throughout Europe and further afield have been presented with a fait accompli, despite the best efforts of the various national bodies to make the 'best of a bad deal' for their members. I think we're really just collateral damage in a wave of populism in the political world.

Putting it into perspective, I suspect there's a lot more of consequence in our lives coming down the road towards us.....face 4

Pete

18/11/2019 16:35:42

Excellent result, John Tee - congratulations!thumbs up I suspect you've found form on the penultimate lap though...sad

Seb and Charles told to go and stand outside the headmaster's studyface 20 Serves them right for screwing up my score.....face 5

I think my 6th place is bolted on more firmly than a rear wing this season - looking forward to next year alreadyteeth 2

Pete

17/11/2019 10:55:23

Frustrating - just 10 points in the bag so far. Once again I've correctly predicted the drivers for the first three quali positions - but not necessarily in the correct order - let's hope they just shuffle around a bit during the race!teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Problem with RCM&E archive?
06/11/2019 21:20:09
Posted by Alan Davidson 1 on 06/11/2019 21:17:12:

I have solved the problem. My secure isp blocks the download to give the access problem.

Thanks folks

AD

Thanks for letting us know, Alan - it gives us another solution if someone else has a similar problemthumbs up

Pete

04/11/2019 10:08:22

Well done, John S, your consistency recently has been impressive! Chris looks home and dry though, unless something extraordinary happenssmile

I've resigned myself to being firmly glued to 6th place this year...face 24

Pete

24/10/2019 10:49:12
Posted by iqon on 24/10/2019 00:09:54:

Renault disqualified from Japan

YYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE

Doesn't help me much....crying 2

Pete

Thread: Riot XL problem
18/10/2019 18:59:02
Posted by Wilfried Lenauer on 18/10/2019 16:21:57:

Am looking for a propeller 12x6 for Riot. When listing the spare parts of the company Max-Thrust .. he is listed as sold out. "Normal" 12x6 E do not fit. Who knows where to get these propellers?

Thank you for info

Hi Wilfried,

Welcome to the forum! As you will read above I have translated your text using Google as English is the only language permitted on this forum, as per the Code of Conduct.

Thanks for your understanding, I hope someone can answer your questionthumbs up

Pete

Thread: Latest CAA Update
17/10/2019 22:59:33

Gents, would you be kind enough to cease quoting a post I've deleted for a breach of the C of C, please?smile

I've PM'd the poster with advice on how to quote correctly - strangely enough in much the same terms as your advice!teeth 2

Back to the topic now...

Pete

17/10/2019 22:26:12

Gents, the thread is becoming confused and impossible to follow with all the posts within posts. If you're going to quote someone, consider selecting just a line or two from their post and cut out anything unnecessary.

If you cannot do that confidently, it might be better to go over to the Sandbox, where you can practice to your heart's content....thanks

Pete

Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!