By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
14/04/2019 19:02:22

Well done, Johnthumbs up

Note to self - must try harder....face 7

Pete

Thread: Burn Crispy Aviators
10/04/2019 11:42:22

John's post deleted, Martin, at his request for the reason you suggest, ta...thumbs up

Pete

Thread: Another Millennium Bug?
06/04/2019 08:31:59
Posted by Alan H on 05/04/2019 12:25:52:
Posted by Alan Gorham_ on 05/04/2019 11:12:46:

Delicious irony that your thread title describes it as a big! laugh

Oops, finger fumble. It might turn out to be a big bug though!

Fixed the header in case anyone wonders!teeth 2

Pete

Thread: Russian Drone - Horrific
31/03/2019 22:07:02

Quick field rule amendment: All turns must be made away from the pits....wink 2

Pete

31/03/2019 22:01:18
Posted by Robin Kearney on 31/03/2019 20:06:17:

I won't spoil it for those who've yet to watch it, but I have a question about predictions. What does "Nearly" mean? Both times the prediction was one out (for the quali). Do I get a point for that?

As Ade says, you get 5 points but only for having a near-miss on the final podium position, ie you predict a podium place but the driver finishes in one of the other two places. Nothing for coming close with a quali prediction - as I well know....teeth 2

Pete

29/03/2019 21:50:53
Posted by john stones 1 on 29/03/2019 21:49:05:

Cheers John.

I haven't a clue what to do, not made changes, now don't know if I should.crookquestion

You're not the only one, mate - I've made changes and I'm now wondering whether I should have...

I'll let you know Sunday...wink 2

Pete

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
19/03/2019 12:41:11

Contact numbers etc are available on the Subs FAQ page, Tim. I've just checked your member page and indeed it is only a 5 digit number. Beth looks into this page frequently so I'm sure she will be able to assistthumbs up

Pete

18/03/2019 12:20:18
Posted by Robin Kearney on 18/03/2019 11:15:01:

Am I right in thinking its free unlimited changes for anybody until the second GP?

Yep, until the game locks before Bahrein quali startsthumbs up

I'm gonna need every minute until then...teeth 2

Pete

17/03/2019 19:09:04

Well done, Roos!

Meanwhile, much like Ferrari I suspect, I'm off for a think.......face 23

Pete

15/03/2019 22:50:35
Posted by kc on 15/03/2019 19:38:46:

It is very disappointing to find that this year F1 is not live on free TV in UK. It's such a pain to avoid news programmes for hours to avoid hearing the results before it's broadcast free. I wonder whether forum members have found any cheap ways to watch live?

I agree, kc, it's really irritating! However, living in France means I have a second sat dish aimed at Astra 1 (19.2E). RTL.DE broadcasts all quali and races live (ignoring the random beer adverts that crop up just when things get interestingface 22). I turn the sound down and get the commentary from R5 Live Sports Extra on the internet. The transmitted pictures are shared by the TV broadcasters and the commentary teams so the only mis-match can be the different times each signal arrives. A couple of years ago, the commentary was a second or two ahead of the pictures so I tended to hear what had happened before I saw it...teeth 2

As an aside, Formula 1 TV are providing an online live service in many countries (UK is an exception - Sky saw to that) so, as it is available in France, I had a look to see what it would cost. €189.99 for the season's races - far too much. Out of interest, I looked at all the other European countries - surprise, surprise, with the exception of Switzerland, they are all €64.99 for the seasonface 19

I queried it with Formula 1 TV and this was their reply:
I understand your point of view Peter. But commercial, legal and tax considerations dictate subscription price points in each country. Stay tuned on the official website and check constantly for any future updates

So German RTL it is then...

Gentlemen - START YOUR ENGINES - and may the best man win!!!teeth 2

Pete

15/03/2019 18:20:58

Such a shock and very sad news about Charlie Whiting. It's often said that no-one is irreplaceable but F1 certainly have a job on their hands to fill the gap he leaves....sad

Pete

Thread: Past RCME issue
14/03/2019 09:26:06

I've edited out your address details, Douglas - you never know who's watching....disgust

You can send the details to Eagle 899 by PM - just click on 'Message Member'.

Pete

11/03/2019 23:02:18

Yes John, the front wings seem narrower and more compact than before.

I watched Magnusson following Norris very closely in the stadium section towards the end of the lap for a couple of laps and thought he was just trying to hassle the youngster.

However, he said later that day that he'd been assessing whether the changes had improved the ability to follow a car closely and he was very positive. Bodes well for the season if it lessens the problems in recent years. where a following car had to back off to get around the corner....

Pete

11/03/2019 14:24:32

I too would be tempted to upgrade, Robin, for the fun of it but, with my track record, no-one would ever believe I was playing it by the book...teeth 2teeth 2

It's a matter of honour - if you agree to not gain any advantage over the other basic players, then that's good enough for methumbs up

ISTR John mentioned this last year and one of the players (Charles Pic?) was happy to confirm he'd be observing the basic limits re changes etc.

Pete

11/03/2019 14:12:01

You can upgrade your membership to Pro or Pro Elite, which gives you more functionality and vastly increased number of changes during the season - 40 for an Elite member.

Rather upsets the level playing field I hope our league would abide by, particularly as I see there is now an option in your profile to hide your upgraded status....face 22

Pete

11/03/2019 13:34:03

Here you go:

New for 2019, cars can now also score Bonus Points. If you have Williams as a team and they start 19th and 20th on the grid but make it to the finish in 15th and 19th respectively then that’s an improvement of 4 places for one car and 1 place for another car, so 5 places all together and a 5 bonus points. Cars only receive 1 bonus point per position improved

I see that the number of free changes during the season has been reduced from 8 to 6....sad

Pete

Thread: hobbyking prices
09/03/2019 17:48:23

I've just deleted two posts in this thread involving a personal attack on a member. An earlier private warning has been ignored so a suspension is the consequence.

Please be reminded that the C of C is there to be observed and that warnings by moderators are not given lightly, nor are to be disregarded.

Thank you.

Pete

Thread: A New Look website for the PSSA
02/03/2019 15:07:34

Well done, Phil - looks very impressive!thumbs up

Pete

02/03/2019 15:05:19

A few pics from last Tuesday's session:

lewis 1.jpg

lando norris.jpg

leclerc turn 1.jpg

No, being there hasn't helped in the least!teeth 2

Just tried cobbling a team together from this year's offerings. I'm not at all confident.....face 7

Pete

Thread: Last post on my Pilatus BLOG not showing in latest posts
23/02/2019 10:26:32
Posted by Stearman65 on 22/02/2019 21:37:20:
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 22/02/2019 18:46:58:

Thread seems to be OK now but your post at 15.38.05 has no content apart from an 'edited by' footnote...?

Can you try uploading the contents again?

Pete

Hi Pete, The blank post was a duplicate of the previous one. For some reason it got duplicated. Couldn't delete it only remove the content.

Regs Eric.

Fixedthumbs up

Pete

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us