By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for brfc7

Here is a list of all the postings brfc7 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Prop mounting question
20/05/2015 22:47:16

Yes you can buy seperately, couple of quid for 10

http://brchobbies.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=prop%20saver%20o%20ring&search_in_description=1&page=1&sort=3a

Or just use a normal elastic band wrapped around a few times

baz

20/05/2015 22:28:34

No your not missing anything. Slightly enlarge the hub adaptor that is too small and then use either one or both of the rubber O rings. Over one screw, around front of prop and on to second screw head yes

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 20/05/2015 22:28:58

Thread: Spring is here!!! Who has been out flying??
20/05/2015 09:49:18
Posted by brfc7 on 19/05/2015 20:23:29:

Now sat watching the heavy rain off the east coast and listening to the odd crack of thunder. Strange as it lovely and sunny here only 1500 meters from the sea, even the birds sound happy tweeting away.

Baz

Here's a picture from last night looking out from Blyth harbour a short way from bvrmc where I was.

image.jpg

Thread: A place for Pushy Cat builders to hang out
19/05/2015 22:30:38

No their isn't a canopy on plan. I should have said top hatch but on my first PC I built it looked like a canopy as I had it covered black on a white fuz. But I am thinking of buying a pre made plastic canopy of some sorts.

baz

19/05/2015 22:19:58

Was their with the dog from about 7.15 - 8.45 and fair enough I had my big coat on and the sky all around looked terrible but our strip was under lovely sunshine cool It probably helps that I'm well weathered with working outdoors yes

baz

19/05/2015 22:09:59

Got a lot done since my last update as the actual woodwork on the model is done yes

Mk2 4

Those of you who know the PC will notice that I haven't done the canopy / front deck to plan. The idea behind this is just to make the build a bit easier and quicker as I've just used once piece of 3/8th sheet shaped where as to plan it is about 3 laminations of 3/8 sheet. Now I'm sure it will fly fine but I'm not sure on the way it looks. So I think I'll just finish it as it is and then decide on fitting some sort of canopy later.

baz

19/05/2015 21:50:56

Posted by brfc7 on 19/05/2015 20:23:29:

Trying to decide if can be bothered for another flight.

Baz

Well I decided I could and had a 3rd 10 minute flight. Had some fun tonight shame no one else braved the weather wink

baz

19/05/2015 20:23:29

Sat at the field as I type this all alone again (except for my dog) had two 10 minute flights with the Candoo again. Now sat watching the heavy rain off the east coast and listening to the odd crack of thunder. Strange as it lovely and sunny here only 1500 meters from the sea, even the birds sound happy tweeting away. Trying to decide if can be bothered for another flight.

Baz

Thread: Can Doo it
18/05/2015 23:41:41

Had 3 flights with my Candoo today after suffering a slight prang on the 20th February. I'm running the suggested setup from 4Max (Motor / ESC) and with a 2200 battery I am getting 10 minutes flying and still around 30% left in battery yes

baz

18/05/2015 23:34:37

Went to BVRMC twice today, The first time was at 12.30pm and unsurprisingly due to the weather I was all alone. I had 2 x 10 minute flights with my candoo that has been out of action since a little unintended landing on the 20th February. I gave up around 1.30pm after getting wet twice.

I then went back at 7.30pm and again was all alone, fair enough the rain had stopped and it was sunny but it was 15mph + winds. I had another 10 minute flight with Candoo and 2 x 4 minute flights with my Radjet extreme.

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 18/05/2015 23:35:19

Thread: Futaba t9cp super and DIY module
18/05/2015 23:21:13

Done it a few weeks ago and is working fine in both 35mhz and 2.4g

baz

Thread: DX6i Electric throttle cut
07/05/2015 09:31:29

Posted by simon barr on 07/05/2015 09:02:10:

. I can't do it with my FF9 for example, but easy with my 14SG.

Maybe the newer DX6 can do it, I don't know, I only fly Futaba.

I've got throttle holds assigned to a switch on both my Futaba 7c and 9c. Done mixing channel 3 master and channel 3 slave and playing with % and offset.

Baz

06/05/2015 22:14:21

2nd session on my Mk2 Pushycat tonight.

Got the second wings bits cut out after buying some more wood yesterday, Both wings pieces glued together ready for profiling. Fuz sides cut out and then all the formers glued in including motor former with motor already installed. Finally the tail booms and tailplane were all glued together nice and square, Just leaving the glue to dry overnight holding the spruce square to the bottom of booms.

Mk2 3

Next job is to profile the wings and instal elevator servo ply mount yes

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 06/05/2015 22:17:12

04/05/2015 08:56:29
Posted by Andy Palmer on 04/05/2015 08:31:21:

I'm getting tempted by all these photos. They look pretty simple to build and they obviously fly well...time to clear the building board!

Andy

Go for it Andy, my mk1 PC was the first time I'd built off a plan it really is a simple job. Plus you've the benefit of all the tips from here

Baz

03/05/2015 22:27:14

Don't even worry about the wind John I've flown mine in over 20mph constant plus gusts.

Baz

03/05/2015 18:10:20

Cheers Ken, this one will be done a hell of a lot quicker as mk1 took 6 months on and off and then my candoo took about 2 month so should be less again ha. Think this one will fly better too.

Baz

03/05/2015 16:05:59

Well my Mk1 pushy cat went in due to loss of radio signal yesterday sad It was my own fault. I have put a frsky hack module into a friends Futaba 7c as had done my own over a year ago the only difference this time was I put the aerial in a different place. Not thinking anything of it I flew my PC to test all was well with the TX and it wasn't. On further investigation I found that the aerial didn't screw far enough in to its housing due to the plastic on tx body been thicker on the new place and their for massively reducing signal. Never mind you learn from your mistakes.

pc death.jpg

SO IT's ON TO MK2 smiley

Mk2 1

Found some balsa left over from my candoo build so had enough to do one complete wing, both tailbooms and the tailplane yes These were done so much quicker than the first time as I now know that things don't need to be millimetre perfect and 100% to plan just as long as both sides are the same yes

Mk2 2

Also got the formers done as had to buy a massive sheet of ply last time. As my MK1 I've made F2 with straight sides, without the cutouts for the ply doublers as again these will be replaced with 1/8 balsa doublers slotted in after sides and bottom sheeting is glued together. Another slight change was to enlarge the cutout of F3 to be the size of F1 and that way you get two for one wink F4 is about 4mm wider just to allow a bit more room for the motor and you'll also see I've made a ply motor mount as like last time I don't want motor attached to F4.

Hopefully get some more wood this week and get cracking.

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 03/05/2015 16:07:03

Edited By brfc7 on 03/05/2015 16:09:14

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
03/05/2015 09:47:47

panther 2

Dave Smith Panther

Cracking eBay purchase especially as I got it for £22.01 smiley Got the airframe, 5x hitec servos and OS40 max. Flew it yesterday for the first time and it flys great and the engine never missed a beat.

Baz

02/05/2015 21:17:27

The only bits of airframe that are salvageable and will be used in my Mk2 are the battery access canopy and nose cone. All the electronics are fine so will only cost me £15 max for wood to get another one done. Will finish off the repairs to my candoo first as only need to glue in foreplane servos.

baz

02/05/2015 18:57:50

Re above loss of signal with frsky diy module. Think I've cracked why it happened. I've put the aerial in a different place to my own as this Tx is only 2.4 now so aerial comes out the top where the original aerial did and I've realised the plastic it comes through is thicker so the actual aerial didn't screw in to its housing far enough. A quick range test before and after changing changing it looks to confirm this.

Baz

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us