By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Bird

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Bird has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
14/04/2018 16:36:35

If that's what Richard's outrunner sounds like, he can have it back!

The BF109 looks excellent and sounds amazing. What is the weight penalty for the audio equipment please Paul?

Thread: back to flying after a long break
17/01/2018 20:59:10

Hello Jeff, if it's a warbird you want, you could always try Warbird Replicas. there have been a number of builds recently on the forum so you would have plenty of assistance and advice on tap.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
30/12/2017 16:24:32

Wahooo, guess what I've got!

1st look.jpg

parts.jpg

Pleased? I should say so, excellent quality, comprehensive and you lot showing the way. What more can you want?

This is what it will hopefully end up looking like.

bf 109g-6 jg 52.jpg

Glynn and Richard have have called the decals the 'Ghost' set quite appropriate I think. Thank you guys.

04/12/2017 16:30:53

Electric F/G for me too please Richard.... Popular init?

21/10/2017 23:45:16

Put me down for one as well please although I seem to be more of a Warbird Replicas kit collector than a builder at the moment. I will get the wife's job list done, as promised in a moment of weakness. Not a really high priority I know.

Similar to DD, I have to rebuild my PC first and at least show willing on some house jobs. Complete three of the half finished current builds and then ..... make a start! smile o

Thread: Lavochkin La7 - Warbird Replicas Kit
24/02/2017 22:26:40

Thanks to Richard's generosity I have snaffled the 57" secret stash Lavotchin. It will sit very nicely with my Warbirds Replicas Spitfire and P51D.

I spent a very pleasant couple of hours with Richard, he is an absolute mine of information and has a vast knowledge of everthing Warbird. I also had a quick look at the 110, a lovely model in every respect.....oh boy, if only I had the time..... if only I had the money!

This thread will be watched by me with even greater interest now. I rate that hole saw method for the retract well highly, I will be using that for sure. My LA7 will have a non-retractable tailwheel and as it will be electric it is going to be lightened wherever possible.

The build won't be started until later in the year but I'm really looking forward to it. I wish you every success Pete, it's going great guns so far.

10/02/2017 20:18:06

Sorry Richard, should have said, the standard (electric) was what I had in mind.

10/02/2017 17:07:27

Put me down for one please Richard, you can have the money up front if it helps.

Thread: Building from plans!
18/11/2016 21:37:12

I have to agree about the Balsa Cabin, the last balsa order I made was nothing short of superb. You don't worry so much about price if the quality is of a high standard, I was very pleased to say the least.

Thread: 2017 Mass Build Voting Thread
02/11/2016 19:09:14

1. Skywriter

2. Slec Fun Fly

3. Super Slinky

Thread: New year caption competition!
22/01/2016 15:07:25

You would have thought he could have landed at least one on the field!

Thread: 2016 RCM&E Autumn Special- Free Plan Modellers Choice
16/01/2016 18:12:08

As everyone is having three choices and I have already made my first choice of a Lavotchkin my second choice would be the same as Steve Hargreaves, a Yak 3. My third choice is scale like high or low wing trainer.

Edited By Roger Bird on 16/01/2016 18:12:34

11/01/2016 17:24:01

Lavotchkin please, very hard to find these days and would complete the warbird set. Both I/C and electric catered for, without costing a fortune. You did ask!

Thread: Dave Hurrell Be2c Scale project
02/01/2014 21:41:08

Sorry to hear your troubles, you must be disappointed. Make sure you're fit before returning to the fray.

Thread: Seasons Greetings
18/12/2013 14:01:24

Have a great Christmas and an even better new year, may all your days be flyable.

05/11/2013 00:03:25

Good to see you back in the workshop after your extended holiday. Tis a smashing job you are doing there Steve, I am a tad envious. Well, quite a lot envious actually.

Thread: Is LiFe passing me by?
16/05/2013 15:22:55

Not sure if this the right thread and I'm probably the last person in the world to know.

I have just purchased some lithium batteries, as far as I am aware the pro's and cons are as follows :-

The batteries are AA/AAA size.

They are 1.5 volt.

They are advertised as lasting 15 times longer than a conventional battery.

They cost £4 - 39 for a pack of four.

They weigh 65 g per pack of 4, as opposed to 110 g for 4 x NIMH.

They are single use only, not rechargable. I assume they must be disposed of in an appropriate manner.

I have no affiliation with the manufacturer or supplier. I obtained mine from this link but I'm sure there are many others.

09/05/2013 18:30:07

OMG Steve, what a brilliant build! Can't wait to see the end result. It's a real pleasure to watch it all unfold.

Thread: Harmon rocket
05/03/2013 23:34:23

Electric I'm afraid, The battery is stuffed in as far as it will go.

sdc10759.jpg

The other end.

sdc10764.jpg

Will post another pic when it's actually flying.

05/03/2013 23:31:18

Here you are Stephen, another one ready to take to the sky.

sdc10755.jpg

A bit vanilla on the decal front and I'm going to keep it that way.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us