By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Solly

Here is a list of all the postings Solly has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: ASP prop driver stuck!
10/08/2019 09:23:27

I note you have already tried a puller. This happened to me also, The heat gun was not adequate so I carefully used a propane torch on the prop driver and that did the trick.

Thread: Electric Cars.
11/07/2019 20:07:29

Percy, which electric car are you driving at the moment.

Thread: TV Licence petition
12/06/2019 17:06:14

I'm 74 and can afford to pay a license fee, so I wouldn't object to that. The problem is that, like all nationalised industries, the BBC costs us a fortune to run. It's also supposed to be politically neutral, - well, that's a laugh. It's one of the most left wing organisations I've come across.Privatise it.

Thread: Mills 75 setting up throttle
04/06/2019 16:08:09

Like it! Now brace yourself for posts advising you to buy an electric vehicle.

04/06/2019 15:21:39
Posted by Peter Miller on 04/06/2019 08:17:14:

The only diesels that I have ever seen that throttled well were the Irvine .25 and .40 diesels.

The PAWs were very good too but not as good as the irvines.. I had a 1.49 and a .35.

I had the Irvine 20 and it ran and throttled just as good as a glow version. I also had an ED Racer which came with a plastic backplate and a simple barrel type throttle, this also ran very well. And of course half the fun was operating the engines. I must admit I'm a bit puzzled the way some people recoil in disgust at the thought of getting a bit of oil on their models and their hands. It washes off.

Thread: Another thread closed
22/05/2019 08:39:26

I fully agree Percy. Like you I've never used Facebook. I think the problem is that people make comments on a forum which they wouldn't make if they were standing face to face with somebody, they are safe in the knowledge that there won't be any consequences. A safe haven for bullies.

21/05/2019 17:03:40

Unfortunately the activity is due to the same old group of Bees. The rest of us have all but buzzed off because we're sick of getting stung.

Thread: CAA registration consulation
07/05/2019 17:52:19
Posted by Levanter on 07/05/2019 17:08:12:

So presumably "they" also want to squash recreational GA flying, gliding, hang gliding, paragliding, parachuting, rocketry, base jumping and human cannonballs etc to make way for the Drones. Some of these have a much larger footprint than model flying.

I can't help feeling any damage will be self-inflicted on those who will not, rather than cannot change, and therefore not really victims at all.

There is an argument that registration will ultimately facilitate the regulated sharing of airspace. It's just that they are not going about it very well.
Levanter

Well said. Hopefully your post will bring the more hysterical posts to a close.

Thread: Ben Buckle Mini Super - Build
05/05/2019 09:50:08

A lovely engine. I had one some years ago, it started very easily and idled and throttled superbly. I sold it in a model and have regretted that ever since. Ideal for the Mini Super.

Thread: matt fuelproofer
08/04/2019 18:39:44

KlassKote clear, gloss or matt. It's extremely fuel proof.

Thread: RCV Engines
22/03/2019 08:49:19

I have several RCV engines of both the CD and SP type. I have used the SP engines uncowled without a cooling scoop without problems, but I think that Weston still recommend the scoop in all applications, including running in on a test stand.

Thread: ARTF out of stock
02/03/2019 16:37:00

I recently bought the Seagull iSport for an SC 61 for all-weather flying. A nice flyer, with flaps if you need them. I see Inwood have it marked as warehouse stock.

Thread: OS 25 FSR- Equivalent
13/01/2019 16:44:21

WestonUK sell the West 25 glow engine. A lovely piece of engineering.

Thread: Antonov AN2
09/01/2019 12:44:06
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 09/01/2019 10:58:03:

Is there still one parked up at Corfu looking all lopsided? I like your choices Simon, a Seamew or An2. I nearly got one of the Maxford ones on ebay last year but didn't keep my eye on the ball and was outbid.

Engine first? Nothing wrong with starting your build at the front and working your way backwards, makes a change from the usual wings or fuselage first conundrum laugh

I was in Corfu in June last year, Yes, it's still there, with a collapsed U/C leg.

09/01/2019 12:44:05
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 09/01/2019 10:58:03:

Is there still one parked up at Corfu looking all lopsided? I like your choices Simon, a Seamew or An2. I nearly got one of the Maxford ones on ebay last year but didn't keep my eye on the ball and was outbid.

Engine first? Nothing wrong with starting your build at the front and working your way backwards, makes a change from the usual wings or fuselage first conundrum laugh

I was in Corfu in June last year, Yes, it's still there, with a collapsed U/C leg.

Thread: Fairey Swordfish
04/01/2019 22:34:52

The Webra should be fine. My Swordfish flew very nicely, I remember it was placed third in one of the Blackburn scale meets. Be prepared to use the rudder on the turns though.

01/01/2019 20:35:03

It was many moons ago, I used a Merco 61 with a 14✖️5 prop. I suppose any modern equivalent, 2 stroke or 4 stroke would do the job.

01/01/2019 17:01:54

I built the CAP Swordfish many years ago. The wings are quite rigid and the rigging is not functional. I would just assemble the model and cut the struts to fit.

Thread: Can a drone fly at 10000ft?
20/12/2018 10:11:30

I'm sure you know the point I was making. Scroll back and read some of the posts.

20/12/2018 09:12:12

All the doubters with their heads in the sand should ring up Gatwick and explain that there's nothing to worry about.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us