By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for stuey

Here is a list of all the postings stuey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ripmax WOT4 GP/EP
16/02/2019 08:22:12

That would be great, thanks. I will try and find the dimensions for your lipo and use that as a guide.

16/02/2019 07:58:43

Apologies for picking up an old thread. Like one of the last posts, I was wondering what size lipo would fit in the battery tray by dimension? I would be wanting to use a 4s 5000mah pack, but they do vary in size. Thanks

Thread: Festival of Flight
20/08/2017 07:48:11

I thought the venue was good, a difficult day for the pilots though with the wind. Part of the reason I attended was for the rc car displays as I know my son was looking forward to it. After looking around and finding nothing I asked the organisers. All I really got was shoulder shrugs, then I was told they had been let down. I really think shows miss a trick here, getting people interested in rc modelling in general surely helps the health of the whole hobby?

As for the commentary, it's a difficult job I agree but the style and knowledge needs some work.

Thread: EDF TA-4K Skyhawk
18/06/2017 20:09:19

Looks great

Thread: Looking for local club
22/02/2017 20:30:58

The Hemel Hempstead club has two sites, one in Puttenham near Tring just off the A41 and one in Shenley near the Mosquito museum. The club has a website you can find via a search engine

Thread: Wings 'n' Wheels
25/06/2016 18:31:52

Are the TJD Warbirds team attending? I hope some other good stuff will be flying rather than all Horizon. I want to see some warbirds! Hoping the going in the car park is good to firm.

Thread: EE Lightning F6 90mm EDF
15/06/2016 21:57:05

What power setup do you have in there?

15/06/2016 19:24:51

Congrats on the maiden. Looks really good, especially the last pic. Is it an own design or kit?

Thread: 2 part clear lacquer in a spray can
09/06/2016 20:26:40

I noticed on another forum that a guy has used a 2 part clear lacquer in a spray can as a fuel proofer over a painted finish. I have not seen this product before, you push the base in on the bottom of the can to allow the two parts to mix before use. I was under the impression that two part lacquers are better at resisting fuel, especially glow. Has anyone else tried one of these products? It would be less hassle than spraying for those short on time or equipment.

Thread: EE Lightning F6 90mm EDF
08/06/2016 21:07:01

Looks fantastic

Thread: Disappointing Long Marston Show
05/06/2016 19:52:54

I have been a few times now, and went yesterday with my Wife and 4 year old. I dont expect a mega trade turn out to be honest, and as I'm searching for inspiration to fly more after a barren spell I wasnt looking for much, not that I found it.

I know that a lot of people flying at shows do so at their own expense, but the variety was very lacking. I do enjoy a Warbird and saw a few in the pits. Unless I missed them, I only saw the 3 Leccy Mustangs fly. I also like the Turbines too and thought the Cougar was really good.

One thing that does not help much IMO, is the regular quoting of the price of some of the expensive airframes flying. I am a fairly standard flyer, with limited space and time/resources. I would love to have a big 50cc Warbird, may be one day. I understand what goes into these show models. But to Joe Public who comes along and may be interested in starting, hearing these vast sums of money being mentioned could put them off? Very few of the flying community can afford such models, and I think its gone too far that way. There needs to be a better representation of the lower to mid end market on display, the kinds of models that beginners and regular club fliers can aspire to. I remember seeing the Multiplex Skycat fly at Sandown, then rushing off to get one. It wasnt that long ago!

Thread: Seagull sea fury 90-120 size
24/12/2015 11:22:53

The flaps do help, and a bit of breeze too.

24/12/2015 07:48:02

It should be ok. My club patch is fairly small, and it uses most of it to get off. The cowl is pretty big and blanks a lot of the prop, so as big as you can run without overloading the engine may help. I am using a 14x7 on mine, a 15x7 is something I need to try.

23/12/2015 19:49:13

I have an SC 1.08 two stroke in mine, its adequate but no more. Flies really well, but the kit retracts are hopeless. Replaced mine with E-flite electrics 1.20 size, but better value options are now available. IMO a 20cc petrol would be perfect for one of these.

Thread: FW 190A &190D from the same basic model
06/12/2015 19:55:06

Looks good to me!

Thread: Electric retracts input voltage
07/09/2015 16:33:06

OK thanks Bob, that sounds the ticket. If they pull more than 5A something must be wrong!

07/09/2015 12:58:31

Hi Bob. I had an issue with my eflite 60-120 retracts which proved troublesome until I powered them via 5 cell nimh rather than 4 cells. The new ones I have ordered are HK ones, and I did read on their reviews that some of the units did not like higher voltages. I was thinking a small voltage drop might mitigate that issue. It wouldnt take much to put a suitable diode in the positive feed, not sure what a suitable specced diode would be though!

07/09/2015 10:23:38

Hi everyone. I have ordered some electric retracts for my Hangar 9 P-47 60 size Thunderbolt. They are supposed to have quite a wide input voltage threshold, but I did read that some of them might not like too high a voltage. The RX power is from a 6v nimh pack (2/3AF size) which has a higher capability under load than AA cells so I believe. I was thinking about using a diode in the positive feed to the retracts to lower the input voltage a bit, I think its about 0.7v drop? This would keep it a bit lower when the pack is fully charged, as it will be above 7v. Is this a suitable method? I dont want to add a seperate pack for the retracts at this time.

Cheers

Thread: retracts
30/08/2015 08:13:41

A question for cuban8 if I may. I have the original Hangar 9 P-47 and the kit retracts are not playing ball with the doors fitted. Are you using the original copper coloured wobbly wire legs with 5mm tubing to make up the difference, and did you solder it on?

My club mate has the same Mustang so this thread will help him out too

Thread: Tissue Covering
25/08/2015 20:57:52

Thanks Douglas

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us