By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for stuey

Here is a list of all the postings stuey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Wings & Wheels 2014
25/08/2014 13:07:13
I spent 3 1/2hrs trying to get there yesterday before by luck hearing on the radio we would be turned away. Got within six miles! Traffic on the signed route was terrible, and as I am not a local did not know any alternative routes. Really disappointed and cheesed off to miss it. I have read that a lot of people are not happy. Good pics btw!
Thread: Hobbyking delivery
02/08/2014 08:44:19

I'm a bit confused here. So as I understand it Hobbyking won't accept a dispute regarding an order for 180 days, but if you feel you need to raise it through Paypal it has to be within 45 days? Does that mean Hobbyking wont deal with them because they want to wait 180 days (half a year!!!) before 'looking' into it?

Thread: Who is still flying 'Classic' electric airframes?
28/07/2014 19:58:44
Nice to see the thread still going. I have converted my old Kyosho F-16 to brushless now with a minifan and HET 2W20 on 4s. Will have more than double the power it ever had! I am also looking to get a Bearcat from slec when they bring it back out again.
Thread: What's flying over your house
29/06/2014 16:32:41
The B-17 flew over my house in Aylesbury, Bucks about an hourish ago
Thread: Wings n Wheels Model Spectacular (28th/29th June)
28/06/2014 20:29:30
Cool thanks for the heads up guys
Thread: Fair price for a Funfighter?
28/06/2014 20:26:22
I didnt realise there were so many sites around there, I moved away in 2007. How many are there at Northwick, is there still a chap called Lenny flying there by chance?
Thread: Wings n Wheels Model Spectacular (28th/29th June)
28/06/2014 19:30:05

What were conditions like in the car parks? My car will not be good if its bad, the Mrs car will be much better wink

Thread: Fair price for a Funfighter?
28/06/2014 12:08:19
Hi Robin, slightly off topic where do you fly? I used to live in Eastcote and fly at Northwick Park.
Thread: Phoenix Model Products
25/06/2014 20:38:13
Agreed. Stan was very helpful recently with an enquiry I had.
Thread: Four stroke glow problem
21/06/2014 16:20:13
It might be a bit rich on the bottom end. You need to set it to throttle nicely with no glow on it really. Also its probably still tight and wont want to idle too low yet. I set the bottom end so after 10 odd seconds at idle you can open the throttle quickly and it picks up cleanly. This works for me! Hope its sorted soon, mine runs well now.
Thread: What can a 600 draw and give?
08/06/2014 17:18:37
I flew my Ripmax Mustang today which is a similar size. It has a 1050kv 38mm outrunner, 11x7 apc prop and 3s 3300 lipo. It does not need more power! I flew it for about 6 mins at just over half throttle most of the flight and had over 50% left. I agree either mod it for an outrunner, or get a brushless inrunner. There is one available the same size as a 600 which is 1200kv I think. I read slec is going to rekit this range hopefully soon, put me down for a Bearcat!
Thread: Help sourcing Oleos
13/05/2014 17:35:10

Thanks for the replies guys I will look into them

12/05/2014 18:15:23

Hi chaps, heres the deal. I have fitted a set of Eflite 60-120 size retracts into my Seagull Sea Fury. On the first landing (not great, a noseover) I slightly tweaked one of the 5mm wire legs, which got stuck in the wheel well. After a lot of hassle not helped by a very slightly twisted mounting point also causing a jam, I have been looking for a set of Oleos. My first idea was a set of the Hangar 9 P-47 legs shortened slightly. These would fit into the 10mm mounting option in the trunion. Having had a quick chat with a stockist I'm not sure I can shorten them as I wanted to do. I have found a set of 140mm 60-90 sized Oleos on a well known site I can mount with the 5mm pin, but they are 4-5mm too long and not much info on the weight they can handle. I would need to be able to restrict their downward length by that 4-5mm to make them work.

Anyway, does anyone else know of a supplier where I can get a suitable size (135mm from axle to top of strut) of Oleo from?

Thanks for reading

Thread: Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat
11/05/2014 11:47:56
A 12x6 works well on the Irvine 53 in my Acrowot, landing speed is fine. Not the fastest in the world though!
Thread: Which Spitfire?
10/05/2014 17:16:44
My kyosho 50 size flies well on a ASP 61fs, needs a few tweeks and the cg at 95mm imo. Still needs some down trim so could do with a bit more downthrust. Check before commiting to the cowl fit first though!
Thread: RCM&E June 2014 Issue.
07/05/2014 10:13:56
I noticed something in the letters page that intrigued me. It was the one about the Balsacraft Sea Fury and that the models were coming back into production. Any substance to this story?
Thread: Starmax F4 Phantom (64mm fan)
29/04/2014 09:28:03
If you dont get much of a response here it might be worth looking on RC Groups (if no one minds me saying!)
Thread: Check your switches
25/04/2014 12:06:13
On my Seagull Sea Fury I have fitted two HD switches in parallel. I have added an extra output lead to the Sub-C receiver pack, one output lead into each switch, then the switch output lead into a spare port each end of the connector section of my Spektrum AR9000 RX. This in effect creates a ring main, so if one switch fails the other one is there to take the load. I switch them on and off in sequence to prove them as ok before flight.
Thread: EDF F4 Phantom
23/04/2014 15:39:28
Pics??
Thread: AR400 won't bind with servos connected
14/04/2014 08:36:31
I have had two AR400's bought at the same time which have given me binding problems. They have either taken multiple attempts to bind, or once done will then not respond to the Tx when switched on. The first I gave up and sent back to Horizon who replaced it, but I gave that to my Dad so not sure how that worked out. The second in my Graupner F-15 gave me the same problems yesterday. It did not respond, then took several goes at rebinding. I have at least 15 various Spektrum RX's which do not do this, so I dont think its me! Anyway, I was talking to a club mate yesterday, who said he heard you should turn on the TX and wait at least 45 seconds before turning on the RX. This is obviously once you have bound it. I only had one flight with the F-15 yesterday, and it worked on that occasion. Maybe worth a try?

Edited By stuey on 14/04/2014 08:37:01

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us