By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for stuey

Here is a list of all the postings stuey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Possible scammer?
11/12/2013 17:59:53

Hi chaps, I had an email from someone re a wanted ad I placed a while ago.

The grammar is poor, and the email address popped up on a scammer site?

The name is John Greid.

On the basis of virtually no one seemed to have bought the Freewing/Ripmax Eurofighter, I am guessing this is dodgy!! I have asked for more details, location and pics and do not expect a proper reply.

Anyone heard of this 'person'?

Thread: first heli
10/12/2013 20:06:20
Thanks Mark
Thread: Ripmax Spitfire Recovering
07/12/2013 17:01:09
Depending on what film you are using, you will need to prepare the film first.
Thread: Cooling holes
04/12/2013 13:28:24
My setup with Irvine 53 is the same by the sounds of it. Only flown in the cold weather so ok so far. Summer might be different. Might be worth enlarging the bottom opening at some point.
Thread: Retracts for Sea Fury
02/12/2013 12:21:51
I have the newer version of the Eflite 120 retracts in my Seagull Sea Fury. They come with a 5mm leg, and can also take a 10mm strut in the trunion itself. They are a bit wider as a result. Seem good quality although the cable restraint is not good imo. Not had chance to fly them yet either!
Thread: Electric Motor Mounting/SLEC Electric Fun Fly
25/11/2013 21:22:32
I would say nuts bolts and washers are fine if you can get to them to tighten them up. A drop of medium threadlock would be good too.
Thread: Giant Shark are Back
21/11/2013 14:32:39
In that case I will give them a ring!
Thread: December 2013 issue
12/11/2013 19:59:07
No problems Graham. The columnist is going to recommend a good starter heli, which is what I was waiting for. Didnt realise its bi-monthly but it will give me some sim practice time!
12/11/2013 13:05:38

I was hoping to see the new helicopter column enlighten me as to the good starter heli. This would have helped me pick an Xmas pressie, but may be too late by the next issue sad

Thread: Giant Shark are Back
10/11/2013 12:24:27
Are you likely to be getting any more of the 28mm HET edf motors back in eg 2W-20? They seem to have disappeared.
Thread: laquer protection for decals
10/11/2013 12:20:48
Spectrum gloss fuel proofer is available in a spray. Make sure you test it on a sample first though! You also might have to key the paint first for good adhesion.
Thread: Getting rid of the shine on h9 spit.
09/11/2013 17:02:51
I bought some ultra fine 0000 gauge wire wool to try and dull the shine on my Seagull Sea Fury. It is made to polish wood amongst other things, and I have read it should take the shine off without harsh scouring marks. I have not got round to trying it properly yet but gentle use in straight lines should work well.
Thread: Thrust tubes ?
05/11/2013 13:12:05

I have recently finished converting my Graupner F-15 to a 69mm minifan and 4s setup. The thrust tubes have a splitter just behind the fan which divides the air into two. If I remember rightly the outlets are 40mm diameter. The ideal diameter of the thrust tube/tubes depends the the size of the fan, and if you are looking to maximize the thrust or the air exit speed. It is normally a compromise between trying to get more thrust for better vertical, or more top speed.

I am guessing you are using the kit 64mm fan and a 3s lipo? I flew a slightly different version on 3s and an alloy 64mm fan, and it was disappointing. Even on 4s it was not what I was hoping for. That model was jinxed and eventually scrapped. My new version has approx 1:1 thrust ratio, and a much better top speed. The F-15 is known for being a draggy airframe, and the intakes are quite a bit bigger than required so it will never be that fast. The mods I have made were quite involved, as the battery now goes in through the cockpit and was moved back as much as I could to get a better cg. I also removed some of the tailplane incidence to try and reduce its tendancy to climb at full power, and moved the cg back approx 10mm from the manual. I am very pleased with how it goes now

Thread: first heli
02/11/2013 16:19:32
I have Blade 120 which I have used to start learning to hover, and Phoenix. I have always flown and driven cars with my thumbs on the end of the sticks. It seems to me that most heli fliers use thumbs and fingers and a tray or strap. Is that a better way to learn, or am I ok sticking with what I know?
Thread: Airframe suggestions please
01/11/2013 13:38:35
Hi chaps. I am looking for an airframe for a couple of spare 4s 3000 packs once used in a Habu. Looking for something prop driven, aerobatic that can handle some winter weather. Have plenty of electric experience btw. Thanks for looking

Edited By stuey on 01/11/2013 13:39:15

Thread: Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat
23/10/2013 19:17:40

I am a member of the Hemel Hempstead club, we have a site in London Colney and one near me just outside Tring. I take it the Slough site is near the rally x track.

Sorry for going a bit off topic btw!

Edited By stuey on 23/10/2013 19:18:30

Thread: Help with the older hanger 9 p51d retracts.
22/10/2013 19:27:00

If you are considering the E-Flite retracts, there is a new version out that can take a 5mm wire leg, or a 10mm strut. I have a couple of pics in my album.

Thread: Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat
20/10/2013 18:41:45
Hi Tony its Stuart Smith used to race with you guys before I got old! Probably saw you last at DMS on a Thursday a couple of years back. You getting back into flying then?
20/10/2013 16:34:50
The fuselage is wider, otherwise about the same. I think you could move the firewall on the kit builds. You wouldnt happen to be related to a Darren Bloomfield by chance?
20/10/2013 13:41:33

Pic of my radio install

2013-10-20 11.00.07.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us