By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Klippy

Here is a list of all the postings Klippy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: C of G sensitivity
02/06/2018 08:53:40

Hi Chris, I have found the Multiplex FunCub and Blizzard to be very tolerant, but at the cost of increased elevator sensitivity the further back you go. I have a feeling that this is normally the case.

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
02/06/2018 08:49:29

Greetings from sunny SA, please include me in on all the sundries. My kit is still on the water along with all my sisters household stuff, it'll be here about mid June, they say!

03/03/2018 09:39:20

Thanks for the list Jose, What span and plan are you going for?

24/02/2018 07:20:05
Posted by Jose L. G. on 23/02/2018 18:48:35:

Good afternoon

Well, err... Yes I have made a bill of materials as I have metric Wood in stock.

I have ordered all the Wood and metal I will need in the construction of the model. I can post a list if anyone is interested.

José Luis

HI Jose, yes very interested.

23/02/2018 12:31:27

I've bought the Sarik kit and it's sitting at my Sisters place at the moment. In a Blonde moment I thought from the email communications it was complete, wrong! Sissy says it's short any and all 'long' material, ie Piano wire, snakes, longerons, Spruce. Is there any chance that someone else who's using this kit as a base can post a list of 'extras'? I will order any extra 'on line'

It's an overnight trip for me to the nearest Model shop, which may, or may not have what I want, and these days I don't do traffic!

15/02/2018 12:21:58

My my, you actually got a reply from Sarik? I asked them to quote me postage for the full kit, first they had to make one up, then they quoted me 70quid to ship, when I asked was that 'Royal Mail, to be signed for' I've had no reply to 3 emails! It seems they don't want to do business!

03/01/2018 17:23:01

Hi all, if I can get a kit with reasonable carriage I will be on board, stand off scale only, I don't have the years left to do a masterpiece!

Thread: RIP AA Barry
25/07/2016 08:33:56

I heard this morning that AA Barry, aka Chookman passed away on the 29th, June this year from the big C. Situated in Australia he was an inspiration to us all. I loved his posts on his Westland Whirlwind build, and I know he was disappointed that Tony Neihaus didn't do one.

Thread: Learning to fly alone
11/06/2013 09:09:40

Tony Harrison says,

"The overriding point was that all recreations have clubs & societies, and I felt immediate sympathy with those would-be r/c flyers put off by the inadequate or hostile attitudes of certain club types that I recognise from my own long experience. And for a significant minority, the world of clubs & societies offers an irresistible opportunity for self-aggrandisement and ego-inflation by bossing other people around - which probably explains a great deal of attempts at self-teaching."

You got that right, and it's a 'world over' problem!

Thread: Any NITRO head will Just Love This - I can't stop playing it!
02/12/2012 15:13:05

Wonderful, and awe inspiring, it tells me there are still true modellers out there.

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
27/09/2012 11:55:21

Simon, I'm told you don't pressurise petrol fuel tanks, it's dangerous due to the heat of the exhaust gasses. But you can still have three pipes, one to fill, one to breath and one to the engine. What I do is fill through the pickup side until the breather spills, = two pipes!

Thread: My Hitec 2.4GHz Optima/Minima Compatible receiver
19/09/2012 15:04:40

Way to go Simon, I wish I had your brights!

Thread: Trouble Maker on Holiday?
13/04/2012 11:04:46

Usual story, 50% of the people acting as Fun Police over the other half!

Thread: Myron is in hospital
12/04/2012 09:07:26

Hope you're coping Chrissie, Myron's obviously got all the help he needs, but I'll send a little prayer to him up there anyway.

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
06/03/2012 16:46:28

Olly, why don't you PM Stephen Grigg, he's a super guy, and in the trade so may be able to help.

Thread: Small CH701/750 STOL..
26/02/2012 17:31:42

That's looking really great, and a good way to use Depron, it really is an all purpose material.

Thread: Transmitter Mixing
27/01/2012 15:01:42
Thanks John, you've just solved my problem!
Thread: RCM&E Magazine name, should it be changed?
22/01/2012 17:17:49
I'm with Eric on this one.
Thread: What is it?
01/01/2012 17:19:06
It's not a KR2 is it?
Thread: Basics of learning to fly
29/12/2011 08:57:45
I find that all the Trainers seem to have an unreastic rate of descent with no throttle, whether this is true in real life, or not, I don't know, having never flown one, I'd be interested to know.
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!