By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Klippy

Here is a list of all the postings Klippy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Avro Vulcan
26/02/2011 05:15:46
I think you're on the right track there Andy, but, your intake must be a pure box, no air masses coming in from the side, top or bottom to interfere with the flow.
Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
24/02/2011 05:15:32
Yes Phil, Lardy cake, used to be a bakery in Bournemouth, on Holdenhurst road, don't know if they're still there, but 'to die for'
Thread: What did you do at work today Daddy?
24/02/2011 05:07:46
BEB, wouldn't it have been cheeper to make a phone call? My Missus has just been on a course with a lady called Karen Trendler, the info is all written down!
By the way, that's a White(wide) Rhino, you wouldn't want to stand so close were it a Black Rhino!
Thread: are we getting too casual
19/02/2011 06:45:38
This thread is a bit cutting edge for me!
Thread: Re-cycle your stuff my way
19/02/2011 06:44:05
This is a very good thread, as they say, what goes around, comes around, good on yer lads!
18/02/2011 17:48:30
BEB, ours has just gone up to the equivalent of 80p per litre! But, with all the strife in the Arab world, and the Somali pirates taking Tankers, and NONE of the wolrds powers doing anything to stop it (except Russia) you can expect many more increases.
Thread: Choosing and using servos
08/02/2011 10:27:24
That's definitely one to remember.
Thread: DH 103
06/02/2011 06:00:33
That's bad AA, got a girl friend with that, they took some skin off her wrist to fill the hole. 7 years now and still going strong, hang in there, I want to see this build finished.
Thread: Choosing and using servos
05/02/2011 17:13:29
Nice one Tim, and long overdue, I'm busy with a Ben Buckle Radio Queen at the moment and was musing about servos. I'm thinking of going for 2 or 3 9gm units in the tail, if I can get the CG right, that calculator will be just the job.
05/02/2011 12:10:02
Glad you've got a new pal Terence, a home without a pet just isn't somehow.
Thread: Radio Gear Receiver Suitability.
04/02/2011 11:47:39
Sorry, I'm referring to Daves last point about crystals, servos are one size fits all these days.
04/02/2011 11:46:26
Unless you buy something like Corona which will find your Transmitter during the setup procedure.
Thread: Hawker Cygnet
03/02/2011 17:52:00
Just tripped over this myself Tim, lovely work, as usual.
Thread: V Struts on the Senior Telemaster
03/02/2011 13:54:02
Interesting question David, I would have gone for meeting at a point below the trailing edge on the lower edge of the fuselage, that would give added strength in the event of a wing or tip meeting a hard object.
Thread: Help needed programing Flaps
03/02/2011 09:12:08
Lol
Thread: Soldering help please
02/02/2011 06:10:49
I my experience the high silver content needs about 425degrees to flow nicely. At that temperature it all happens quickly so you minimise the localised heating.
Thread: Thrust line
31/01/2011 10:13:09
Hi Hogster, you'll notice that older styles of model/ high wing trainers tend to have the engine below the centre line of the wing, with the tail plane roughly on the thrust line. This means that when you open up the tail feathers are in the prop wash (gives you control) but the centre of drag, roughly at the main wing, is above the thrust line. This means that the model will tend to climb at full throttle. In fact the plan instructions normally tell you to set the down thrust so that the model flies straight and level at half throttle. A good aerobatic model will normally (not always) have both the main wing and the tailplane on the thrust line, this means that you don't get too much trim change power on and power off. All aerodynamics is a compromise, which is why you get so many different answers.
Thread: Wings - which is heavier?
31/01/2011 06:08:33
Back of an envelope BEB! I think you might be being a tad economical with the truth there! However top grade explanation and maths.
Thread: Cyano Fumes traces on canopy
30/01/2011 10:37:51
Remember they use Cyano fumes in a chamber to lift finger prints off difficult surfaces
Thread: Learning to fly alone
29/01/2011 04:45:07
Hi Jeremy, If you're under 40 you stand some chance of teaching yourself. Otherwise join a club, or if you can, go to a professional teaching institution, you'll yourself many thousands. I wish I had!
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!