By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for david vine

Here is a list of all the postings david vine has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The December 2008 issue
13/11/2008 19:49:00

Wasting your time guys, this ones got my name on it.

Thanks very much in antisepation, not sure thats spelt correctly.

Thread: Stripped plug thread
09/08/2008 17:26:00

Hi Shades

If you havent got it sorted yet, please send it to me and I will willingly fix it for you .My pleasure.

Happy tp help. Regards Dave

17/07/2008 09:56:00

Hi shades

If this were my engine, I would drill and tap the hole in the head out to something like 10mm depending on how much meat around the stripped thread.

As suggested make a replacement   bush with a thin flange  and with 10mm thread on o/d and  new plug threaded hole ,then put bush in the freezer for a couple of hours after which carefully heat  up head in oven.

Screw bush into head quickly , use old plug to drive it in tight down to flange. Nearly forgot use one of the high temperature Loctites / flange sealants under the flange.

Try it, you wont be worse off than you are now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave V

Thread: help pleeeeeeeeeeeeez
17/07/2008 09:33:00

Hi guys

Thanks for the help so far. I took Birdys advice and "phoned a friend" in the club, dont know why i didnt think of it myself .

I think i thought that it was something that I must sort out myself, then it turned into metal block situation.

Anyway Rod the heli expert, not only showed me how to setup the servos, but related them to setting up fixed wing to which i can do.

Next task is to ensure all screws are Loctited and tight, fit the blades check the pitch is ok.

Then talk to Rod nicely to do the initial test flight, then of we go.(hopefully)

Thanks to both guys who helped, I do believe two heads are better than one.

Regards Dave V

15/07/2008 13:39:00

Hi guys

i have just brought a carbon airframe, with the electric motor and speed control. also a reciever battery pack, it was less any radio gear.

i have brought 401 gyro with futaba s9257 servo and 3x s3003 servos.

i have a futaba 6ex tranni i wish to use.

the heli has a 120o swashplate set-up, i have hit a wall when it comes to setting up the tranni to operate the heli. (i am only a beginer and have never had to set-up throttle curves etc) i have a mini pred which came already set-up and i can hover with some confidence indoors.

can some one offer simple set-up instructions (a video or suggest a video) at the moment as i advance the throttle stick only 1 rotor blade increases pitch what have i done wrong pleeeeeeeeez.

Regards Dave V  

Thread: To 2.4ghz or not to 2.4ghz
14/07/2008 19:00:00

Hi guys

have subscribed to mag for several years, best there is.

am having problems setting up century swift  550 that i brought without any radio gear, a mistake i think.

i have brought the servos and gyro etc and want to program a futaba 6ex trani 2.4, the heli has 120o swatch plate.

has any one gone thro this set-up and can they explain it to me, in idiot/ child proof lanuage that i will try to under stand.

thank you in advance, god i need help.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us