By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lima Hotel Foxtrot

Here is a list of all the postings Lima Hotel Foxtrot has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What Traders are still offering Mail Order? Services?
30/03/2020 11:30:48

Addlestone Models are open for web and phone orders, but they are going in on reduced hours so if you don't get an immediate response try again.

Thread: Shops closing
25/03/2020 18:34:44

My LMS Addlestone models is closed, but is doing web and phone orders and posting them out.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
23/03/2020 21:17:44

Isn't this enough of a pain without bringing politics into it?

Thread: Netflix scam
18/03/2020 21:36:16
Posted by Dickw on 18/03/2020 19:54:41:
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 18/03/2020 18:33:47:

Just had an e-mail from info@mailer.netflix.com with a link to finish setting up. I might be wrong but seems like a scam maybe timed to catch those self isolating.

I had one of those as well. I tried to report it to Netflix as a scam but couldn't find any way of doing that on their website, so I deleted it.

I suppose it could be a new marketing strategy frown

Dick

Most email services have an option to flag a message as a phishing scam, which also deletes it from your inbox.

For those who don't know, a phishing scam is when you receive an email asking for details such as a log-in or bank numbers as a response and the mails are almost identical to an actual company. As posted above, the sender address is usually a slightly off variant to fool the casual reader.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
14/03/2020 18:52:13

I'm club chairman, and if I tried to close the club on the basis of the health of club members and preventing further disease vectors, I would be told to eff off in no uncertain terms. Mind you, in our club everybody is a keyholder, so the idea would be impossible to enforce from the word go.

I think the OP club committee is being very heavy handed over something they can not control, perhaps more to be seen to do something than anything else? Have they threatened member consequences if you dare to go and fly? Are there any controlling personalities on the committee? You know the type: They like to throw their weight around but hide behind the rules to do so.

Personally, I would see this as a chance to get some flying in with out anybody else around.

13/03/2020 13:41:08
Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 12/03/2020 18:20:10:

Our Club has just decided to close the field until Easter in view of the Corona virus outbreak.. Given the majority of club our members are of a certain age and a number have health issues of some kind or other, I can't disagree with that decision too much. Better safe than sorry and the weather is not exactly conducive to model flying anyway.

Utterly ludicrous. Shutting down the club for this reason is just panicking. As long as you don't go around licking each other on the flight line you should be fine.

Thread: English language ?
12/03/2020 21:31:50

Moan, moan, moan.

The English language is a constantly evolving, dynamic tool of communication and expression. Have none of you read Chaucer? Or medieval English? Shakespeare? In form, composition, vocabulary and meaning there are many differences between what was penned and what is now accepted as the norm.

Also, gentlemen, given the focus of discussion in this thread, I suggest some proof-reading before you submit your own poor examples.

Thread: All laser pointer users to be registered.
26/02/2020 16:45:42
Posted by J D 8 on 26/02/2020 15:48:47:

PatMc, You only have to look up government gun crime figures to see that it is on the increase in recent years, mostly handgun use in the more densely populated areas.

Only a small percentage of crime has ever involved legal licenced weapons. The handgun ban was a waist of taxpayers money.

It was also a deeply unfair impingement on the national shooting teams for various disciplines.

Flip side of the coin... At least we have some moral superiority over the Yanks! laugh

26/02/2020 14:46:22
Posted by Peter Miller on 26/02/2020 11:09:40:
Posted by Mowerman on 26/02/2020 10:48:53:

Hand guns were banned but gun crime has increased. Laws that cannot be enforced are pointless.

Drones can still be bought and used by idiots, Guns can still be obtained and used by gang members, Laser pointers are freely available for any idiot to use, I can not think of an answer to these problems, can you ?.

The death penalty. No repeat offenders

May I assume that you would be willing to flick the switch to actually kill someone?

And what if the justice system gets it wrong for the umpteenth time?

Only uncivilised countries now execute their citizens.

Thread: I have Got This Far Should I Just Fly it
26/02/2020 09:15:15

And, yes, you should just fly it (when the weather dies down...)! How else will you know what a good job you've done in building it?

26/02/2020 09:13:00
Posted by Andrew McKelvey 1 on 25/02/2020 17:10:07:

I am using two brushless motors with two esc and one battery and I had it in the back of my mind I am supposed to isolate the live from one 'BEC' so It works, well I didn't initially and it does, in effect the bec's from both esc is feeding a regulated 5v to the receiver, I was told I had to isolate a +ve from one so it didn't confuse the esc? the receiver? So first question why do I need to isolate one of the supplies from the esc's because both mine work ok without. I must be missing something.

The receiver is going to get two lots of power from the ESC's. Cutting the live wire from one should stop your RX melting from the combined voltage.

Thread: Self explanatory
19/02/2020 15:29:58

Casual, low-level mysoginy dressed up as a joke. Not nice.

Thread: Spitfire plans
12/02/2020 10:06:25

Check out the Flite Test Spitfire.

You can build it from Hobbycraft foamboard for very little money so it won't matter when you spank it into the ground, it's easy to build and flies okay... Maybe it's not the ideal first model but at the price you can build several for the cost of a conventional balsa trainer.

Putting in a gyro stabilised system such as the Spektrum AS3X would help when learning to fly.

Plans and build video here: **LINK**

They also do loads of smallish, cheap, get-you-into-the-air-and-flying-with-as-little-difficulty-as-possible models as well. I recommend the Bushwacker, Explorer, Tiny Trainer, Old Fogey or FT Flyer.

Thread: Model shops - Edinburgh
10/02/2020 10:47:28
Posted by leccyflyer on 09/02/2020 18:45:32:

Wonderland is on the corner of Lothian Road and Bread Street, as I mentioned earlier. If you want a plastic kit it's an excellent shop - likewise for tools, paints and glues for plastic kit modelling. For RC stuff they have a very small selection of servos, a few accessories, batteries etc, aimed at the model car side of the trade. A few small foamie electrics - Hobbyzone stuff - and multirotor drones. They do however have a small stock of balsa sheet and strip.

I went there a lot as a kid in the 80's and early 90's as a holiday highlight. Excellent plastics shop, but the RC stuff was always only the basics and what would be guaranteed to sell. I got my first RC gear there: Hitec Flash 4, OS .15 and Precedent Fly Boy, the equivalent today would be the Horizon stuff they have on their website.

The area is fine, it's a short walk from the city centre.

Thread: Cheaper or more expensive.
19/01/2020 09:31:23
Posted by wingcoax on 18/01/2020 20:58:31:

No need to blame brexit. Look back to when we went decimal, all prices went up to the nearest full coin or even more.

False equivalency. Brexit and decimalisation are in no way similar.

Hang on, I thought politics was banned on this forum?

Thread: Can Superphatic glue go off?
12/01/2020 10:30:36

Have you tried contacting Deluxe themselves and getting a definitive response from the horses mouth?

Thread: SOLDERING TIPS
08/01/2020 11:03:23

All of the above, plus, when I am soldering connectors onto batteries (I only use XT60s) I use a female side where I have covered the exposed part of the pins with large dollops of hot glue. More surface area to hold onto, no exposed metal, no heatshrink to slide off.

Thread: Hubsan X4 type connectors
24/12/2019 16:15:16

These from Addlestone Models? They're whats on my X4.

**LINK**

Thread: From one simple question to chaos
22/12/2019 10:25:45

A lot of people on here need to step away from forums and get a hobby.

Oh, wait...

Thread: Forum 2020 Mass Build discussion.
12/12/2019 22:04:19
Posted by Gary Clark 1 on 11/12/2019 19:27:41:

This is a bit unusual if anyone thinks a twin would be good.

Link

Gary

Love it, love everything about it! I may get the plan for my ever expanding list-to-make-for-sure-in-the-future-100%.

Given that the winner will probably be a low-wing, single engine monoplane, how about the Druine Turbulent?

Classic home-build, reasonably aerobatic, good large scale subject at a size that can easily fit in the car boot.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us