By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Allan Bowker

Here is a list of all the postings Allan Bowker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hi from the Netherlands
20/06/2019 11:20:42

Welcome to the RCM&E forum playtime222 smiley

Thread: RCM&E Fly-In 2019 - general chatter
20/06/2019 11:16:06

Added to my calendar laugh

Thread: Retired, Returned, Looking for a club near Telford
15/05/2019 16:09:25

Nice to know, thanks.

I'm currently flying from Chase MAC as the field is very open and more suitable for large aicraft that need a longer strip.

14/05/2019 14:07:38

Hi Dunkelmann, did you find a club?

Thread: Dave Burton (BEB)
19/01/2019 18:04:35

I opened my newly delivered RCM&E just now and was very shocked to read the news about Dave's passing. I felt compelled to log in to the forum immediately as he was such a big part of its fabric, not to mention the countless hours he has spent helping us all.

It was always a pleasure to see him whenever our paths crossed at Greenacres and the Nats.
God bless you Dave, we were lucky to have known you.

Great job with the book Chris, it will bring some comfort to his family knowing that we appreciated his presence online, in print and in person.

Class of 2014 (Greenacres)

Class of 2014

Thread: Famous model flyers
12/01/2019 14:17:07

Red Bull Air Race or general aviation fans would probably know the names Nigel Huxtable (Left) and Nigel Lamb (Right), I know that they both fly RC (prop & jet) now and again from the airfields they work from.

Famous Model Pilots

Famous Model Pilots

Thread: Nexus Modelling Supplies
12/01/2019 13:20:34

Couldn't agree more Geoff, I've purchased from Nexus a number of times online and at shows.
Always received excellent service and fast delivery.

Highly recommended from me.

Thread: Gatwick drone incident
20/12/2018 22:13:42

Having only just viewed the footage of the quad flying over Gatwick during daylight, a few things strike me:

• The X quad passes by at a relatively high and steady altitude with precise changes of direction.
  • This would be tricky to achieve LOS, so I think this is a pre-programmed set of GPS waypoints.
  • Having no video or TX link for authorities to trace makes finding the operator very difficult.
  • It's not hard to build an 'endurance' multi-rotor that can fly for long sorties.
  • This appears to be a new deliberate 'denial of service' type of attack on our infrastructure.
  • The moron(s) don't appear to be stupid (but they are still morons!).

10pm news says that another fly-by has been witnessed during the last hour frown

I do hope the perpetrator(s) are caught.

Thread: Anniversary
21/07/2018 11:48:49

Wonderful to see, thanks Josip.

Thread: RCFerret - online websearch tool
12/02/2018 13:04:53

Thanks Darren, just downloaded it thumbs upsmiley

28/01/2018 11:12:51

Thanks for the update Darren, it's a shame I'm only on Apple.

The website is still as useful as ever, thanks for your work in developing and hosting it.

Thread: Why the saddening blow to my fms mustang?
06/07/2017 09:46:55

It's always Prawn Cocktail crisps on the buffet.
I can't eat them, even when they are free.

I guess some people have different preferences.

Thread: Brushless upgrade super cub s
01/04/2017 13:38:47

Back in 2014 I built a plywood firewall box, which mounted the motor perfectly for the cowl, so no spacers needed.

These days I would 3D print a mount, amazing how much the hobby progresses in such a short space of time!

Thread: Scammer Epic Fail
31/12/2016 14:17:58

I put a wanted advert on the BMFA Classifieds to obtain spare parts for my MXS-R, however I couldn't believe that for a second time somebody would send me my own photo's telling me it was theirs to sell (same thing happened in Feb 2016).

Scammer Fail

I called Graham Goodman on his mobile: 07520 624166 and was amazed he answered, unfortunately the signal was too bad to hold a conversation. He was well spoken with a air of confident maturity about him, can't think why he hasn't text me back!

It's a cautionary tale, buyers and sellers beware!
The BMFA does warn about the dangers of including email addresses and telephone numbers in your listings.

I would like to proved wrong about this, but something tells me otherwise.

Thread: TJ's Hobbies
28/12/2016 13:26:16

Thanks for the update thumbs up

26/12/2016 20:11:16

Not sure Jonryan, however it's a good sign that the website is still operating.

Have you tried the phone number listed at the top of the website?
It's a mobile number in the yellow coloured header/banner.

Thread: Brushless upgrade super cub s
25/09/2016 12:17:20

OK Simon, let's see if I can help any further smiley

First of all, please can you tell me the manufacturer of your Cub?
This will help me look up the specifications of your model.

Thread: Where are we with 3D printers now?
25/09/2016 11:57:09

Thanks for the update Ian,, we installed a glass bed to our printer last week, also getting good results with that.
Well worth a try (also requires 3DLAC or hairsray for the initial layer to stick).

Edited By Allan Bowker on 25/09/2016 11:57:40

12/09/2016 13:33:25

laugh 3D printing has some development to go before replacing injection moulding.

12/09/2016 12:18:29

A quick Google didn't return any spares for the Malyan 180 (I checked HobbyKing & BangGood too).

They look like standard DC brushless case fans, so should be easy to replace.
I'm guessing 30mm?

Looking on eBay you can get '30mm case fans' from £1 (or £3 for UK stock).

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us