By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Allan Bowker

Here is a list of all the postings Allan Bowker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New caption competition!
07/10/2015 17:22:17

I thought it was a caption competion, so I posted a line.
The request for 'verse' went over my head, until others burst into rhyme.

Realising my mistake, I am back once again, ready at the keyboard, much to public disdain.
Will I get a chance at winning a hat? Who knows, only Beth (I'll send her a KitKat).

So what do we know of this man and his Chicken?
Not much really, only rhymes, that only now sicken.

Is this a 'Swap Meat'? I deftly enquired,
"You're not first" he said "of these jokes I am tired."
How about an onion, he said said unto me.
Sorry mate I said, they are not rated by RCM&E.

30/09/2015 09:00:19

Is this the swap meat?

Thread: Mikes Models - well done!
24/09/2015 14:59:05

Agreed Stevo, Mikes Models are one of my local model shops and have always received first class service from them. They are a long estalished business and the shop holds a lot of stock for various model disciplines.

I don't get to visit them as often as I would like but it was reassuring to see them so busy on the Satuday I was there last.

Edited By Allan Bowker on 24/09/2015 14:59:39

Thread: Game box flight sims
21/09/2015 20:25:19

For consoles I think the Ace Combat series will probably be what you are looking for Eric

Thread: Southport Airshow
21/09/2015 20:13:05

A good friend of mine attended the show and took a few great photo's of some models that were flying over the beach before and after the full scale show. He's created an album, I'm hoping he will post them here as his introductory posting to the forum.

Thread: RCMC Online
14/09/2015 13:29:23

Using WayBackMachine I can see they only advertise an email address for contacting them. No advertised phone number or postal address tends to put me off when choosing a supplier.

They have a Facebook Page & Twitter account, however no activity on them (2 likes & 1 tweet!), so they do not seem active at all. Google last cached their site 6 Sep 2015 13:44:12 GMT.

Hopefully you paid by PayPal or Credit card Frank? If so, then getting your money back should be fairly straightforward.

Have you tried using RCFerret to find a good deal on your parts?

Edited By Allan Bowker on 14/09/2015 13:34:08

Thread: Vinyl Lettering
09/09/2015 10:13:02

The quality of the lettering that came with my MXS-R was terrible, so Blunt.One recreated them for me at a very competitive price. They have withstanded petrol, heat and many flights with no sign of peeling.

MXS-R 2

Thread: Hobbyking fly-in day????
02/09/2015 15:27:38

They have a Facebook event posted: Details here

Thread: Red Bull Air Race Finals Sunday 17 August 2014 at Ascot.
02/09/2015 15:16:00

All races are available online on catch-up and also streamed live on Red Bull TV

Sorry Colin, the postings I contributed earlier here should have been in this thread!
(Showing my visit to the Breitling MXS-R and Paul Bonhomme's final winning run).

Thread: IC MX2 ARTF
28/08/2015 12:28:37

I know Masher, UK stocks for sport sized scale IC aircraft seem to be very low.
Models that are available are not wide and varied in choice, unless you want the usual Spitfire, Mustang, Edge or Yak, etc.

Edited By Allan Bowker on 28/08/2015 12:30:35

28/08/2015 11:00:09

Masher:

I haven't used General Hobby before, however I do have a couple of Skyline RC MXS-R aircraft in my hangar.

I put my first order into General Hobby yesterday, so we will see how well they do. (LINK)
If you pay by PayPal or Credit Card, you are very well protected, even if the goods arrived damaged.

Edited By Allan Bowker on 28/08/2015 11:01:10

Thread: General hobby
27/08/2015 14:37:50

I came here looking for a customer review of General Hobby, unfortunately no feedback.

I have just placed an order with them, so will try to remember to share my experience soon.

Thread: IC MX2 ARTF
27/08/2015 14:26:26

There are a few 60" IC MX Aircraft here

Thread: Greenacres August fly-in
20/08/2015 16:50:52

Thanks Gavin, you got a great shot of my Breitling MXS-R

yes

Thread: Petrol Tank & Fuel Tubing Specifications
20/08/2015 12:02:27

I can't find anyone in the UK when searching online. If I wanted to buy some it seems eBay is my only choice.
Search on eBay for 'Excelon' and select 'Worldwide' in the search options.

Thread: Hello to Everyone
19/08/2015 15:25:49

Hello Robert, welcome to the forum, please tell us more about yourself.

Thread: Red Bull Air Race Ascot, 16 August 2015
19/08/2015 13:57:51
Here's a short selection of video I took on the day.
Best viewed in full screen mode @ 1080p

Edited By Allan Bowker on 19/08/2015 14:00:11

19/08/2015 10:23:16

I was there on Sunday too Colin, very close to you it seems (I was seated in front of the static display Sea King).

Dave is correct, every race is streamed live on Red Bull TV, so I am able to watch all of the races on my PC or Apple TV.

RBAR @ Ascot is a fantastic day out and well worth the journey.

I'm a Nigel Lamb Fan myself and yes, it was not the best day for him. I think he was lucky to get 5th place. At least a british pilot won on the day, Paul Bonhomme is undoubtedly the best pilot, he is very consistent.

MXS-R Visit 3

Nigel Lamb's Breitling sponsored MXS-R

MXS-R Visit 1

My 26% scale model of the MXS-R

MXS-R 1

More on this model here

Edited By Allan Bowker on 19/08/2015 10:24:27

Thread: Breitling MXS-R
14/08/2015 11:19:42

Just to complete the journey, I was lucky enough to get a visit to the actual aircraft whilst it's being prepared for the race at Ascot this weekend.

MXS-R Visit 1

MXS-R Visit 2

MXS-R Visit 3

A dream come true!

Thread: first plane
14/08/2015 10:56:09

The E-Flite Apprentice is marketed as a first plane Darren, however I would recommend visiting a few clubs in your area first, speaking to as many people as possible and using an RC simulator before you part with any cash for a plane.

The BMFA website lists clubs in your area and a few of them might have the facility of a 'club trainer' plane for you to try with an instructor for free.

If you are going it alone, then there is an Apprentice version with the SAFE system that can help to get you out of some sticky situations.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us