By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Adams

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Adams has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New- 2018 CONCORDE for 4x50mm EDF
17/11/2019 01:01:35

Hi Tony, will the mini Concorde still be a plan in RCM&E at some point in the next year or so?

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

Steve Adams

Thread: Tim's Next Project
03/08/2019 20:25:14

Hi Tim,

Did you decide a next project in the end? Seems such a shame you haven't designed anything for RCM&E lately. I like the idea of The Dornier Skyservant and SA Twin Pioneer. Hope to see another great aircraft modelled by you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Steve Adams

(Here's Hoping Department)

Thread: Hello from Guildford
01/08/2019 23:45:40

Hi and Welcome Neil,

I used to fly up Chobham Common twenty or so years ago still have my planes in the loft, but oh has technology moved on since the early 90s! Electric seems to be the way to go for sure, but ic still has its place. I really want to get back into building and flying again properly but finances and time is the biggest hinderance. I have stacks of mags with plans also. I live in Woking now with kids but they go to high school so hopefully I'll have more time soon. Good luck with it and you will get plenty of sound advice and encouragement on this forum definitely.

Kind Regards

Steve Adams 

Edited By Steve Adams on 01/08/2019 23:46:00

Edited By Steve Adams on 01/08/2019 23:47:08

Thread: Peter Miller asks what next?
15/07/2019 01:00:59

Hi Peter,

I know this is an old thread but thumbing through some old Radio Modeller mags the other day got me thinking about your little Rock well Shrike Commander twin you did. I'd absolutely love to see you make a bigger more scale version for maybe two electric motors or 30 sized four stroke engines, would you ever consider it in the future possibly?

Kind Regards

Steve Adams

27/05/2019 23:46:57

Hi Tony,

Your Concorde is absolutely amazing, will you be doing a plan at some point in the future in RCM+E? I do hope you do as I'd love to build one as a tribute to my late mum and grandad as this incredible aircraft has a strong family connection.

Thanks again TN for modelling such a fine plane and doing it justice too, you are a master sir.

Steve

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Jet Provost & Folland Gnat
13/04/2019 22:45:55

They look awesome Mr N!

A non vstol Harrier and maybe a A4 Skyhawk, Mirage 2000 or Puccara from The Falklands War could be good subjects also. The list is limited only by ones imagination really. Keep up the good work sir your models are simply awesome.

Kind Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 13/04/2019 22:47:10

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Hunter & Phantom
24/02/2019 14:52:25

Hi Tony

Those mini jets look awesome! Another good one to consider would be the Panavia Tornado that's sadly retiring this year from active RAF service. The potential for aircraft to be done with these FMS fans is endless F35 JSF, F22 Raptor, F14 Tomcat, F15 Eagle(I know you done a pusher prop one years ago ) Thanks for all your designs over the years.

Kind Regards

Steve

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special
06/01/2019 11:38:40
Hi Tony I'd love to throw an ME 262 and Gloster Meteor NF 11 for when and if your up to it if possible? Yes I know the above never met in combat but the NF 11 Meteor happens to be my personal favourite mark, and the ME 262 is just lovely also! I'm sure the next TN creation will be gorgeous regardless anyway I hope you get better soon Tony
Best Regards
Steve
02/12/2018 12:35:55

Absolutely fantastic Tony,

I look forward to seeing it covered...next year's special eh? cheekylaugh

Thread: MAK 15 MP
09/09/2018 11:22:41

That's absolutely amazing Peter,

Very unusual and should be popular.Is it going to be ic powered or electric also what weight do you expect it to be?

What is the wingspan and will this be coming to RCM@E?

Kindest Regards

Steve laugh

Thread: Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer
27/05/2018 20:24:54

Denis Watkins,

I hear you on that but I'm rather impatient and really am climbing the walls to see hopefully the Revolver 2 in RCM+E as have always had a fascination with autogyros! I mean it is an absolute credit to it prolific designer Rich Harris

Kindest Regards All

Stevelaugh

Edited By Steve Adams on 27/05/2018 20:25:54

20/03/2018 21:17:19
I am so glad to hear that you are doing this Concorde Tony. This aircraft in particular has a strong family connection as I mentioned before, my grandad helped to build this great plane(among others) and has always been a family favourite of ours. If anyone can do Concorde justice in model aircraft form it's you Tony. I look forward to seeing your progress on this fine feat of Anglo French engineering excellence. Kindest Regards Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 20/03/2018 21:17:59

Thread: Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer
16/12/2017 01:27:32

I cannot wait t​o see the Richard Revolver plan in RCM&E such a great looking autogyro.is it going to be much longer now Richard as suspense is now killing me?!

​Cheers Steve

Thread: Harrier Jump Jet- The aeromodelling Holy Grail !!!!
11/10/2017 22:49:28

Fantastic Roll on the 2018 special!

​I would imagine the same principles could be applied to the Harriers replacement the F35 JSF. The latest Hawk is absolutely brilliant Tony and I thank you immensely for all of your plans that you have done so far...the Harrier though is something else though and if an F35 came into the fray one day that really would be some 'Next Level Sh..owmanship! That Pegasus fan is awesome to Andy Meade also is it functional and been tested in a model yet?

​Kindest Regards

Steve

11/10/2017 13:10:01

Hi Tony

is there any chance that you could produce a plan for your Harrier design to fly in conventional layout,but with a few suggestions(based on your personal experiences) for people to have a go at the VSTOL idea themselves? It would be a great shame to confine to the history books a design that you've worked so hard on just because of the complexities you've encountered and overcome with success as its a great design even if most will only achieve conventional flight

​Kindest Regards

Steve

Thread: More Re-visited RCM&E Designs
25/02/2017 15:16:16

How about the mini blitz,micro blitz by Dave Ridgeway? Maybe an Elf 20 by David Boddington Radio Queen,Tyro(normal size or major ) super sixty,super scorpion,junior sixty,spooky(gull wing) there loads,and all great choices!

Stevelaughyes

Thread: Harrier Jump Jet- The aeromodelling Holy Grail !!!!
27/12/2016 15:53:21

Hi Tony,

I'm no expert at all! But how about fitting inside the Harrier some small robust helium filled balloons so you can have some just above ground buoyancy then let the propulsion from the swivel fans do the rest? This would hopefully mean that you could use lower powered fans and lighter batteries etc. There is no guarantee of it working,but would be a fun debunking experiment nonetheless!

Looks superb anyway though!

Kindest Regards

Steve laughyes

Thread: RCM&E December 2016 Magazine
17/12/2016 14:35:34

January 2017 RCM+E looks another corker,

But what happened to the Chris Golds massive Fiesler Storch being the free plan? Probably to big at over 100 ins!

Oh well still RCM+E is the number one model aviation publication in my mind!

Cheers Steve smileyyes

Edited By Steve Adams on 17/12/2016 14:36:10

Thread: Cobalt Co50 Valkyrie
24/10/2016 17:25:42

Wow That's Awesome Steve,

Are you going to model it and get plans into RCM&E? Unorthodox designs are brilliant and so different they just capture the imagination,which is what modelling is all about. A great find the Rutan Longeze and Acroeze would also make good modelling subjects AMS OIL and Pushy Galore also. Even if you don't model it thanks for sharing a fascinating subject sir

Kindest Regards

Steve laughyes

Thread: AMAZING GIANT SCALE RARE BOULTON PAUL P.111 "YELLOW PERIL"
26/07/2016 11:13:11

It's Absolutely gorgeous,

Would love to see a plan of one by Tony Nijhuis in the magazine as prefer traditional balsa/ply structure.It is however something I could see Cyril Carr doing after seeing his Avro Arrow. Do you have any details of the wingspan,weight and turbine its powered by Peter?

Many Thanks for showing us all such a wonderfully unique,good looking,rare and undermodled British aircraft.

Kind Regards

Steve laughyes

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us