By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Adams

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Adams has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 2016 RCM&E Autumn Special- Free Plan Modellers Choice
13/01/2016 23:20:28

Yep me to Colin,

1) Concorde

2)Vickers Valiant

3)Hawker Siddley Harrier

Even if Tony doesn't do Concorde in Autumn special, maybe we'll get it quite soon as it's a personal favourite for him to which is great news! CS will be happy to...so here's hoping. I used to fly with a guy up Chobham Common who scratch built a foam Concorde put a couple of knackered os 25s on the back and bunggeed it flew well,caused great controversy as was painted in Virgin Atlantic colours! ...looked great though and really suited it.

Anyways I'm off now and just gonna keep looking and hoping from now on,I'm keeping quiet on this thread.

Cheers Steve

PS If it goes to a Mitsubishi Zero that would be cool to, great plane.

13/01/2016 22:20:36

Or we could look down the classic airliner route.....DH Comet,Dove/Devon I heard wisper of a Dragon Rapide a couple or so years ago! Beechcraft Starship,Piaggio Avanti.......Oh go on you got me A Concorde as well!

Not sure they would all have the commercial viability I'm sure Concorde would though! Although not an airliner the Vickers Valiant is pretty nice. It must be hard for Tony gauging people's views pleasing the mases or at least most,factoring commercial success then have to build it, whilst drawing the plan,making amendments, photographing progress....and doing the write up.No wonder the guy can only dream of counting sheep!

....Yep talented bloke indeed.

12/01/2016 21:10:59

Erf I agree that WW2 was along time ago and so true that each year that goes by there are less survivors of this period. However all the time you have the BBMF, Flying Legends and many others around the globe restoring,replicating and flying these aircraft WW2 will never be forgotten and passed down to the generations....Long may it continue! Of course modellers play their part by making beautiful scale models of these warbirds and flying them. At 16 years old I always wanted a spitfire, I did have one and crashed it through inexperience! At 37 I still want another and will make one one day.

I think the plane chosen would most likely have to satisfy 3 markets for sale UK,USA and Australia which leads me to believe that A Warbird or JET are the most logical for the special in this day and age sales are the most important. However bipes can't be ruled out either as the French Nieuport 17 and others were used and would be popular in the US. It will be interesting to see the final subject chosen.

Regards

Steve

11/01/2016 22:53:42

Yak 130 jet EDF would complement the hawk well Russian pretty and up to date,although I have a couple of 64mm EDF units from Ebay so maybe a Lockheed S3 Viking would keep the US guys happy as well.

Sorry guys just keeping the jet thing in there as well!

Steve embarrassedcheeky

11/01/2016 21:36:26

If it were to be a warbird chosen,

The choice would have to be

1) Douglas Skyraider ( would be great with 4 blade prop and rockets etc....so menacing!)

2)Hawker Sea Fury...a marvelous navy plane

3) Fairy Swordfish....again great plane if badly outdated in WW2

If we lucky enough maybe TN could do two a year like last year and have a warbird for one issue then jet for another issue that way each year there are two great plans from which keeps two sides reasonably happy!

Stevelaugh

11/01/2016 13:56:38

Hi Tony,

My three choices would be

1) Concorde (EDF or Pusher prop)

2) Vickers Valiant (EDF or Pusher prop)

3) Hawker Siddley Harrier EDF....All mks shown if possible

The top two speak for my whole family as choices as for the recent passing of my mum as my grandad worked at Weybridge Vickers / BAC Surrey. The third choice is a personal favourite of mine...Who doesn't love the Harrier?! With the recent success of your Avro Vulcan and BAE Hawk I have no doubt that your probably the only Designer who could pull any of these off if they are lucky to be chosen!

Many thanks for all of your designs over the years Tony and long may they continue, Good luck to all and happy voting

Cheers Steve

Thread: Engine choices for Ballerina?
27/12/2015 22:11:31

I have to agree,

SC and ASP engines two and four stroke are very good for price. Also great engines to use are Enya two and four strokes though not as cheap as above,very reliable well built and robust...typical japanese quality although probably made in China now due to cost I think only Steve Webb Models in Frodsham are the only suppliers if they are still going!

Steve

Thread: Thank You RCM&E
17/12/2015 21:03:53

Yay I won something on day eleven of advent company,
Thank you so much RCM+E!......Now if only I can remember what it was dont know Oh well that's what Christmas is about surprises cheekylaugh

Merry Christmas all

Steve

Thread: EDF jet build
09/12/2015 12:19:52

Is this of your own design Gary?

Looks very neat so far,as I've seen from a lot of your builds mainly plan ones you certainly build in that no expense spared quality with all your models! A plan for a sports jet would be great in the mag and would go down a treat I'm sure

Kind Regards

Steve smiley

Thread: Scratchbuild 84" Depron Vulcan Pusher
05/12/2015 21:15:46

Hmmm,

A definite jet I would say.......Antanov AN 225?

05/12/2015 20:50:51

I'm gonna go out on a limb,

And say a HP Victor as Vulcan and Valiant have already been done, should be a corker whatever it is.....I wait and watch with interest sir good luck with the build

Kind Regards

Steve smiley

Thread: Telemasters
30/11/2015 11:50:00

Hi David,

I would love to have a copy of the Telemaster 66 plan if possible? This was the 1st plane I owned and learnt to fly on in early 90s it was woefully underpowered on its ancient Merco 29 I had in it and the radio I had was older than me, servos just didn't give much movement. It still flew well considering the above until I wrapped it round a rugby goal post at Hanworth Airpark. Middlesex all them years ago. Anyway would love a plan of the 66 to build again one day if only for nostalgia, Please pm me re costs etc

Cheers

Steve smiley

Thread: New to Autogyros
29/11/2015 00:07:34

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask can or indeed have helicopter blades been used successfully on auto gyros? I ask only as HK seem to do some great deals on helicopter blades,including carbon fibre ones which surly must have weight and lift advantages. Perhaps Rich Harris and other gyro nuts/ experts could shed some light on this,I would be really interested in hearing about experiments and hopefully some successes or failures problem solving etc.

Cheers

Steve

Thread: The Biplane Thread
11/11/2015 00:09:37

Hi Paul Blakeborough

What is that lovely bipe of yours? I seem to remember having a plan of your Fiat CR 32 bipe somewhere,was published in Radio Modeller in the middle 90s as a pull out plan around 54 ins. Must dig it out someday do you still have it?

Defo with KC and others get it in print mate,not many plans recently published for scale cabin biplanes your Fiat had good scale detail as I remember

Kind Regards Steve smileyyes

Thread: Mossie
08/11/2015 00:00:05

Hi Tony and Martin,

How much would you think that the Mossie bare airframe could be built for from mag plan, and equipping with motors batterys and retracts from alternative sources if shopping on a budget and how would it compare to the list above? Sorry to ask the questions about this and I know things will vary according to where people shop and price fluctuations etc,the Mossie like spit,lanc and hurricane are the sort of planes that almost all modellers want to aspire to but can often be put off buy costs. I like that Tony says that any of his models can be within most peoples budgets and of course he's right, we wouldnt have the yearly mag special otherwise and for that we are all greatful for Tonys hard work. Steve

Thread: Grumman Goose
31/10/2015 00:53:20

As a last ditch effort at keeping this thread and hope alive

If our wonderfully good hard working and esteemed editer has the plans for this Gorgeous Grumman Goose locked in his cupboard to bring them out and dust them off for printing purposes and publish them asap,as clearly the equally wonderful designer went to great effort producing this beauty and anything less than publication would be a crime against humanity!

Steve

Here's hoping in the everything crossed deptsmile p

Thread: 2015 Autumn Special
22/10/2015 18:35:10

I love the special as always David,

However I have to say seen as you've done a feature on water planes how about a water plane special for the next one with Lindsay Todds 2 Grumman Goose models the 60 ins as the free plan and the 76 ins as a feature plan with all info about getting started with water planes history of them and plenty of nice pictures to boot war birds and jets will always go down a treat and the specials to date prove that. I will one days get round to building a TN design but at the moment in building Robin Fowlers Curtis P36 Hawk featured in RCM@E some nearly 20 years ago now theres a very good chance it will be lighter than his prototype since we now have brushless motors and lipo technology .

Anyway congrats on another great special sir and may there be many more

Steve

Thread: Well That Didn't Take Long........
02/10/2015 21:17:52

Hi Guys,

Me and my partner both have diesel Cars and very happy with them my partner has a 2008 Kia Carens /Rhondo crdi which is beleive has a merc derived engine in and I have a 52 plate Vauxhall astra 1.7dti estate Isuzu engine mine chucks out a bit of black smoke under acceleration but I still only pay £130 a year road tax which isnt to bad for a 13yo car. If VW are in the wrong then they do need to pay for their mistake simple,but then it's a wake up call to any car manufacture to clean up their act and produce cleaner Cars. The Germans produce the best diesel Cars in the world's still i

Think,the same as the japanese produce the best petrol Cars....The Koreans well they are certainly getting there for sure. In an ideal World wel would all drive hybrids and Electric Cars or bubble Cars running on Radox now that would please government and fuel company's alike wouldnt it......Not

Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 02/10/2015 21:18:37

Thread: Bambino free plan (Oct 2015 RCM&E)
25/09/2015 22:46:10

Good Evening David,

I know the Bambino is a simple design,but for the People who may want to build it that don't use the website and only buy the mag would it not be worth reprinting it to correct scale in RCM@E at some point in the near Future?

Only a thought,nice little design btw

Steve wink

Edited By Steve Adams on 25/09/2015 22:47:40

Thread: Ruhig Tigre Build Blog
15/09/2015 21:42:27

Looks great so far Stevo!

Keep up the good work. The Chorus Gull was re printed as a free plan in RCM@E a few years ago early 2000s I think originally a Brian Peckham model from the 80s I think Alex Whittaker revived it I think.

Is there any chance the ed may consider a re print of the Ruhig Tigre plan in RCM@E?

Steve smiley

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us