By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Adams

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Adams has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Depron,Foam Balsa and Plywood
01/09/2015 20:51:47

Good Evening Guys,

I wanted to start this thread by asking you what materials you prefer to build with and why? I would also like to ask that in recent years there has been a surge in the use of depron particularly in Free Plan models ie C Carr And foamy Dave designs, now whilst I don't discredit this at all,I prefer traditional materials myself have any of you seen a free plan of a design but been put off because it's depron only,and have any of you had success or failure by making a plan model that was meant to be depron out of balsa and ply instead? I have heard of many successful models from plans made out of depron instead of traditional materials they were meant for, but not the other way around.

Steve

Thread: Caption this!
08/08/2015 00:50:47

You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off !!

Or maybe You guy's are really mugging me off with all your prop wash! cheeky

Thread: New Tony Nijhuis BAe Hawk EDF
26/07/2015 22:41:59

Tony,

Would there be any chance of you possibly designing a Concorde one day in the future? We recently lost my mum quite suddenly and tragically on the 2nd of last month and at such a low age of just 56 years old. The Concorde has a special place in our hearts as a family and my mum also as my mums dad my grandad made parts for this plane among others at Vickers /BAC in Weybridge Surrey. Although I haven't built from any of your plans yet I have looked over a few and have found them to be quite straightforward and accurate to build from. I know it won't be just yet, but when you do have time eventually it would be great if it were the same size as the 49ins Vulcan.

Many Thanks

Steve

22/06/2015 23:59:32

Blackburn Buccaneer....and or a Hawker Siddley Harrier showing all mks VSTOL is just a dream for models,but oh how we can look forward to the future!

Stevelaugh

Thread: Cyril Carr's space shuttle.......
20/06/2015 19:26:21

I know that this is an old thread but....

Surely a plan for this would go down a treat in the magazine as it's an iconic aircraft, different and the fact that RCM@E has a huge following in the US and dare I say Russia as well would certainly be worth a punt as they were the two countries that operated it,so sales of mag should be high. Worth a thought?

Steve smiley

19/05/2015 20:19:35

Absolutely Stunning Tony,

Will the plan be in mag before the mossie? Your persistence with these model jets seems to always pay off in the end this seems like the Vulcan were it not for the failure you wouldn't have had success. You truly are a master

Keep up the good work

Kind Regards

Steve yesteeth 2

03/05/2015 22:20:44

That Hawk looks gorgeous Tony can't wait for the flying report and plan in RCM@E any idea about which month it will be in? I really wish I had your talent to produce such incredibly well flying desirable aircraft!

Kind Regards

Steve

Thread: Mini Flying Machine
08/03/2015 21:52:19

I remember seeing a design similar to this around 1994 on the front cover of now defunct Radio Modeller.

Had a guy holding it next to Gray and Shane Harding (Small Model Association ) fame and. It was called Mean Machine I think. I have a feeling that there may have been a few versions of this,good looking plane plan would be good.

Steve smiley

01/03/2015 18:42:56

That's a shame Tony,

But being a perfectionist with your plans that's how it has to be! I wonder what will be going in the spring special then....any ideas David? Mind you I don't mind surprises!

Steve

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
22/02/2015 15:27:56

Hi Luckiest Pants,

Please could you tell me where you got those wheels from and the price as they look great and very scale

Kind Regards

Steve

17/02/2015 22:43:13

Your becoming a dab hand at this edf malarky Mr N!

When this little beauty is done,will you do anymore edfs sir? If so I would love to see a Harrier, Meteor NF 11,or a ME 262 I really love jets as you can tell, particularly the classic ones are the best thumbs up

Steve smiley

Thread: RCM&E Springfield Bulldog
10/02/2015 21:14:23

Great video Erfolg,

Certainly seems a docile flyer in comparison to the Westland Lysander yet the look and proportions seem similar!

Obviously the Springfield Bulldog was designed before the Lysander, maybe Westland used the bulldog as the design basis?

Steve

Thread: no wonder the model shop is a dying breed
31/01/2015 00:00:05

It would be great,

If Hobby King or Horizon Hobby could maybe open stores /model centres in major towns or city's in the country and offer the same prices in store as well as online. This would be just like a set up like Sports Direct have, obviously lms would suffer,but you could offer owner better prospects working for the bigger company probably a better wage than he would make by running his store,no overheads for him to pay,plus be safe in the knowledge you have bought his expertise to be able to propel your business forward.....surely that's the right way to go isn't it?

Thread: Peyret Mauboussin Type 11.
26/01/2015 20:40:26

Very Nice Peter,

Quite a lightweight model I would say,just like your Velie Monocoupe free plan in Radio Modeller in the 90s I remember. smiley

Thread: Grumman Goose
23/01/2015 20:46:43

Oh no Linds,

That's terrible news, so does that mean there is no chance of the 60in getting published, or does Graham have the plans,photos and write up to still procede?

Sorry to keep asking,but both the smaller and larger are worthy of putting to print,and are the only designs of yours featured over the years to not get published!

Such a shame

Steve

Thread: The Hummel Aviation Hummelbird
23/01/2015 20:25:40

Looks interesting Peter,

I would say that would be quite fast and aerobatic, both in model and full size form! Another good little plane project to do would be the world's smallest twin the French Cri Cri (Cricket )smiley

Thread: Grumman Goose
23/01/2015 20:00:09

Has this amazing flying boat still not been published yet?

Please RCM+E make 2015 the year of the Grumman Goose, and publish the plan....only if possible

Stevesmiley

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
29/10/2014 19:22:22

Hi all,

It's probably been asked before but my subscription is up for renewal if I re new will I still get the subscription gift,or is it better to take out a new subscription?

Your help is very appreciated

Kind Regards

Steve smiley

Thread: F7u-1
12/10/2014 22:29:12

That looks like a Vought Cutless to me Stephen,

You could still press ahead with it, yours maybe more scale or how about choosing something else like the Douglas Skyray? Has similar layout and also rarely modelled with nice looks to boot!

Steve smiley

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
27/09/2014 16:59:01

Hi Tony,

Would designing a edf Harrier jump jet be out of the question in the future? Showing all variants would be a plus obviously most people wouldn't expect it to be vstol just nice scale detail on what is yet another iconic beautiful and undermodeld British aircraft.....go on you no you want to cheeky

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us