By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Adams

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Adams has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RCM&E Springfield Bulldog
10/02/2015 21:14:23

Great video Erfolg,

Certainly seems a docile flyer in comparison to the Westland Lysander yet the look and proportions seem similar!

Obviously the Springfield Bulldog was designed before the Lysander, maybe Westland used the bulldog as the design basis?

Steve

Thread: no wonder the model shop is a dying breed
31/01/2015 00:00:05

It would be great,

If Hobby King or Horizon Hobby could maybe open stores /model centres in major towns or city's in the country and offer the same prices in store as well as online. This would be just like a set up like Sports Direct have, obviously lms would suffer,but you could offer owner better prospects working for the bigger company probably a better wage than he would make by running his store,no overheads for him to pay,plus be safe in the knowledge you have bought his expertise to be able to propel your business forward.....surely that's the right way to go isn't it?

Thread: Peyret Mauboussin Type 11.
26/01/2015 20:40:26

Very Nice Peter,

Quite a lightweight model I would say,just like your Velie Monocoupe free plan in Radio Modeller in the 90s I remember. smiley

Thread: Grumman Goose
23/01/2015 20:46:43

Oh no Linds,

That's terrible news, so does that mean there is no chance of the 60in getting published, or does Graham have the plans,photos and write up to still procede?

Sorry to keep asking,but both the smaller and larger are worthy of putting to print,and are the only designs of yours featured over the years to not get published!

Such a shame

Steve

Thread: The Hummel Aviation Hummelbird
23/01/2015 20:25:40

Looks interesting Peter,

I would say that would be quite fast and aerobatic, both in model and full size form! Another good little plane project to do would be the world's smallest twin the French Cri Cri (Cricket )smiley

Thread: Grumman Goose
23/01/2015 20:00:09

Has this amazing flying boat still not been published yet?

Please RCM+E make 2015 the year of the Grumman Goose, and publish the plan....only if possible

Stevesmiley

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
29/10/2014 19:22:22

Hi all,

It's probably been asked before but my subscription is up for renewal if I re new will I still get the subscription gift,or is it better to take out a new subscription?

Your help is very appreciated

Kind Regards

Steve smiley

Thread: F7u-1
12/10/2014 22:29:12

That looks like a Vought Cutless to me Stephen,

You could still press ahead with it, yours maybe more scale or how about choosing something else like the Douglas Skyray? Has similar layout and also rarely modelled with nice looks to boot!

Steve smiley

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
27/09/2014 16:59:01

Hi Tony,

Would designing a edf Harrier jump jet be out of the question in the future? Showing all variants would be a plus obviously most people wouldn't expect it to be vstol just nice scale detail on what is yet another iconic beautiful and undermodeld British aircraft.....go on you no you want to cheeky

Thread: 2015 Mass Build - Nominations Thread
26/09/2014 19:20:06

Hi guys,

How about Glen Sutcliffes Blue Two fun fly design from 1995 Radio Modeller 40 ins span took a 15 size glow with 4 standard servos looks a little like Mike Keays basic 3d practicle if nothing else and worthy of nominating. Should go well on leccy, maybe a 200-300 watt set up at a guess. Just a pity I don't have a picture 

Steve smiley

Edited By Steve Adams on 26/09/2014 19:34:24

Thread: RCM&E 2014 Special
24/09/2014 21:21:29

Hi David,

Got to admit it is without doubt the best special yet. TNs Avro Vulcan being the highlight of course the only disappointment I would say has to be was the lack of build photos for the Vulcan with the mag itself and no full size history write up and photos as with previous specials,but I could put that down to time and space constraints.Other than that though a real top job yes

Thread: Peter Miller asks what next?
27/07/2014 15:59:11

Hi Peter,

Would love to see you design a 50 to 60 ins version of Richard Crapps gorgeous Westland Wessex Tri Motor

Don't know how you would do it maybe one motor in the nose and two free weeling dummies or just three 10 sized motors at a guess?

Only one day though as I'm sure your building schedule is already full!

Kind Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 27/07/2014 16:09:18

Thread: Something a bit Batty
24/05/2014 21:22:55

Lindsay

You certainly don't hang about do you! Looks great I must say how fast and aerobatic do you think it will be?

Steve smiley

Thread: New car
11/05/2014 21:54:56

Hi SC

Being an ex mechanic myself I would have suggested if you want a good petrol car go Japanese and if you want a good diesel car go german. However thing's have changed a bit now and whilst this is still true to a point the japs do diesels now. The Nissan Quashqai 1.5 dci could be a good choice with both 5 and 7 seats available although I suspect that the engine is Renault you also have the Fiat Doblo multi space 1.3 multijet diesel. Hyundai and Kia are not to be knocked either,for example I saw a 54 plate Kia Rio 1.3 petrol estate car with 39k on clock 1 lady owner from new for 700 quid the other day. I would personally avoid french cars as they break easily and depreciate rapidly as well. Overall it depends on your budget and what you like in a car whether it's drivability affordability looks price or economy.

Kindest Regards

Steve

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
25/02/2014 14:48:57
Those 48 inch Vulcans really look the business Tony! Would all three variants be shown on the plan? Now i really want to see these small ones in the special as free plans,proably would be your most popular plan yet.The V Bombers particuly the Vulcan have a huge following all over the world,how about a HP Victor & Vickers Valiant for the future maybe? That would be an awsome sight in the air! Kindest Regards Steve.
15/02/2014 23:29:54
Any news with the other 2 Vulcans (48 & 76 ins) yet Tony and when do u think they will be heading off to RCM&E? Kind Regards Steve.

Edited By Steve Adams on 15/02/2014 23:32:23

Thread: 'UnCanny'
25/01/2014 22:48:29
Hi Rich,
How much would you charge for a copy of the uncanny plan,and would you be able to do it pdf?
Cheers Steve
Thread: *INVALUABLE INFORMATION* For beginners please read!
06/01/2014 22:52:11
Another good reason for all beginners to hone in on this is that this wonderful mag RCM&E Are giving away a free model aicraft simulater when you subscribe to the magazine! Now if only i can get access to the subscriber only content groan. Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 06/01/2014 22:53:07

Thread: Building Tony's Beaufighter
06/01/2014 22:08:14
Hi Robert,
Which addition of RCSI Mag was your Beaufighter featured in if you dont mind me asking? Great build BTW...Ive just been musing over TNs Miles Moniter from same magazine!
Thread: 'UnCanny'
29/12/2013 00:50:14
Hi Rich,
Is it worth having another crack with the ed about publishing the uncanny in 2014? If not then maybe try else where,just seems to good and flys to well to be forgotten about! Kind Regards Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 29/12/2013 00:52:16

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!