By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Adams

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Adams has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 2015 Mass Build - Nominations Thread
26/09/2014 19:20:06

Hi guys,

How about Glen Sutcliffes Blue Two fun fly design from 1995 Radio Modeller 40 ins span took a 15 size glow with 4 standard servos looks a little like Mike Keays basic 3d practicle if nothing else and worthy of nominating. Should go well on leccy, maybe a 200-300 watt set up at a guess. Just a pity I don't have a picture 

Steve smiley

Edited By Steve Adams on 26/09/2014 19:34:24

Thread: RCM&E 2014 Special
24/09/2014 21:21:29

Hi David,

Got to admit it is without doubt the best special yet. TNs Avro Vulcan being the highlight of course the only disappointment I would say has to be was the lack of build photos for the Vulcan with the mag itself and no full size history write up and photos as with previous specials,but I could put that down to time and space constraints.Other than that though a real top job yes

Thread: Peter Miller asks what next?
27/07/2014 15:59:11

Hi Peter,

Would love to see you design a 50 to 60 ins version of Richard Crapps gorgeous Westland Wessex Tri Motor

Don't know how you would do it maybe one motor in the nose and two free weeling dummies or just three 10 sized motors at a guess?

Only one day though as I'm sure your building schedule is already full!

Kind Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 27/07/2014 16:09:18

Thread: Something a bit Batty
24/05/2014 21:22:55

Lindsay

You certainly don't hang about do you! Looks great I must say how fast and aerobatic do you think it will be?

Steve smiley

Thread: New car
11/05/2014 21:54:56

Hi SC

Being an ex mechanic myself I would have suggested if you want a good petrol car go Japanese and if you want a good diesel car go german. However thing's have changed a bit now and whilst this is still true to a point the japs do diesels now. The Nissan Quashqai 1.5 dci could be a good choice with both 5 and 7 seats available although I suspect that the engine is Renault you also have the Fiat Doblo multi space 1.3 multijet diesel. Hyundai and Kia are not to be knocked either,for example I saw a 54 plate Kia Rio 1.3 petrol estate car with 39k on clock 1 lady owner from new for 700 quid the other day. I would personally avoid french cars as they break easily and depreciate rapidly as well. Overall it depends on your budget and what you like in a car whether it's drivability affordability looks price or economy.

Kindest Regards

Steve

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
25/02/2014 14:48:57
Those 48 inch Vulcans really look the business Tony! Would all three variants be shown on the plan? Now i really want to see these small ones in the special as free plans,proably would be your most popular plan yet.The V Bombers particuly the Vulcan have a huge following all over the world,how about a HP Victor & Vickers Valiant for the future maybe? That would be an awsome sight in the air! Kindest Regards Steve.
15/02/2014 23:29:54
Any news with the other 2 Vulcans (48 & 76 ins) yet Tony and when do u think they will be heading off to RCM&E? Kind Regards Steve.

Edited By Steve Adams on 15/02/2014 23:32:23

Thread: 'UnCanny'
25/01/2014 22:48:29
Hi Rich,
How much would you charge for a copy of the uncanny plan,and would you be able to do it pdf?
Cheers Steve
Thread: *INVALUABLE INFORMATION* For beginners please read!
06/01/2014 22:52:11
Another good reason for all beginners to hone in on this is that this wonderful mag RCM&E Are giving away a free model aicraft simulater when you subscribe to the magazine! Now if only i can get access to the subscriber only content groan. Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 06/01/2014 22:53:07

Thread: Building Tony's Beaufighter
06/01/2014 22:08:14
Hi Robert,
Which addition of RCSI Mag was your Beaufighter featured in if you dont mind me asking? Great build BTW...Ive just been musing over TNs Miles Moniter from same magazine!
Thread: 'UnCanny'
29/12/2013 00:50:14
Hi Rich,
Is it worth having another crack with the ed about publishing the uncanny in 2014? If not then maybe try else where,just seems to good and flys to well to be forgotten about! Kind Regards Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 29/12/2013 00:52:16

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
27/12/2013 11:37:04

Hi David,and other Mods,hope u guys all had a fb christmas.Just a quick enquiry my partner bought me a years print subsciption to rcm&e the first mag i will get will be feb 14 issue.The sub no seems to be not active yet is there a reason for this,or will it only be active when i receive feb issue? Many thanks Steve.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 27/12/2013 12:52:58

Thread: Free stuff weekend
07/10/2013 23:14:00

Many Thanks,Davidsmiley

06/10/2013 20:58:49

Hi David,

Please could you include me for the jig? As i dont want to be building any bananas!smile p

Thankyou

Steve

Thread: 2014 Mass Build - Discussion about model choices
29/09/2013 21:38:04

Mark i Would be interested

in the Rat Out Of Hell on pdf. It would have to be ic for me as thats all i have from when i used to fly in the 1990s.I would love to jump on the electric band wagon asap,but funds dont permit as yet. So based on that i have to use what i have which is an Irvine 25TBR nib,MDS 38nib,or a well used Enya 40SS,and MDS 25 All two stroke motors.Which engine would you think is best for me to use in ROOH? as i dont really want a pylon racer,just a good sports flier!

Kind Regards Steve

PS - When would you be looking at the model being built from your plan,and will you send pdf to my email if i send you a pm?

23/09/2013 23:20:03

Mark your Rat Out Of Hell,

reminds me so much of my RCM&E Rag Tag from 1990s.Sure it wouldnt win a beauty contests....having said that looks better than rag tag! I chose rag tag because at 60ins on a humble mds 25 engine it was amazing with a great glide to match.Even if your plan doesnt make mass build,send it in to the mag to silence the critics of so called ugly designs,i'd give it a go

Regards

Stevesmiley

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
23/09/2013 22:33:26

Now that really is awesome Tony!

I absolutely love the Vulcan,such an iconic aircraft just like its elder sibling the Lancaster.Will the 48 and 78 versions be available the same time as this?

The 48 one would be right up my street,and would still look quite large,thats the impression u get with deltas

Best Regards

Stevesmiley

Thread: FrSky And FlySky- Whats the Difference?
16/08/2013 22:42:45

Thanks Guys for clearing that up for me

I just hope that my FlySky 9 ch Tx i got last crimbo from my GFis as good as the FrSky systems! The only thing that baffles me a bit is why mine uses 8 AA batteries as aposed to my Sanwa Vangaurd 6ch Tx used a seald unit type battery in the 90s when i first started this wonderfull hobby. The Sanwa i still have in fact like new as well it was 35mhz btwsmiley

16/08/2013 00:20:24

Pat,

Many thanks for that. Which would u think is better FrySky,or Flysky,or is it purely a preference thing?

Many Thanks Again

Steve

15/08/2013 23:46:16

Hi All

Can anybody tell me what the difference between FrSky and FlySky 2.4Ghz Transmitters are? Is it a name change,and can stuff ie receivers and other components interchange?

Please forgive my apparant arrogance as im new to this 2.4Ghz malarky!!blushsmiley

Regards Steve

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us