By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for J V R

Here is a list of all the postings J V R has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: FrSky Taranis - user chat
24/02/2014 21:06:26

Hi WF

If your charge light blinks for a short while after plugging in then the charger will handle a larger mah battery, I found that out via another forum...........

24/02/2014 21:02:07

Yes, that's correct Chris. I think that one would have taken me a month of Sunday's to work out. smiley smiley

24/02/2014 20:01:36

That's the one, thanks Chris

I've spent ages trying to figure that out.................

24/02/2014 19:40:04

s down.jpg

s mid.jpg

s up.jpg

Chris, I only did the AIL channel on the 3 position switch this time

24/02/2014 19:06:40

I have deleted all the settings so I will make up some more and double check that all have different switch position and different values.......

24/02/2014 18:53:15

Hi Chris

Yes that's the same layout that I made & I even tried with the values around both ways IE high with switch in the up position & around the other way, but with no luck

Jan..............

24/02/2014 18:10:24

I have been playing around with my Taranis today setting up a new model and thought I would make use of the 3 position switch ( SA ) and 3 sets of rates. After making the 3 sets of rates up on c9x and checking on the simulator I find that only 2 work with ''SA'' in the down position its the same as when its in the middle position. What am I doing wrong ???

Thread: What do you hate doing on your aircraft?
23/02/2014 19:06:15

Canopies & cowls are the job's that I hate doing, so easy to mess up, and look really bad if not done correctly.

Thread: FrSky Taranis - user chat
23/02/2014 14:15:19

I have been using a Frsky module in a 8u futaba radio for 3/4 years now, & never had any problems. With the Taranis I can still use all of my older RX's, just put one of their JDT module's in the back. I will say that the programing is different but I am getting there slowly, & with the price of the RX's from £13 to about £26 I can see no point of using anything else...............

23/02/2014 11:38:16

Thanks Chris, custom functions is a section that I have not ventured in to yet, mainly due to the fact that I don't really understand what they are used for. Just waiting for some decent weather to try out the new radio now...........

23/02/2014 10:56:16

I've had my Taranis for 2 weeks now and have been setting up models indoors with a few RX's and servo's and learning how to navigate my way around. I want to set up the instant trim function but can not see how to do this , can some one explain how it's done.

Thread: Removing a gummed up piston ring,
05/01/2014 15:38:44

+1 for the anti freeze, always works for me.........

Thread: Shed nearly flooded
24/12/2013 11:31:26

Just looked out from the bedroom window, a few fence panels down but not mine. Next door's tree is leaning over about 20 degrees from the vertical & my shed looks OK, well the felt is still on anyway. A small amount of rain got in through the door from the gap at the top ( door to frame )

Edited By J V R on 24/12/2013 11:32:06

Thread: 54" Electric Bronco
06/11/2013 13:05:31

Hi Steve

I was thinking about fitting rudders but changed my mind as I could only see the answer would be twin servos at the rear end and that would have put a lot if weight down there even if I used micro 5-9g units. Retracts ? well all I see with them are people having lots of trouble, units that wont rise or looking at plane that is being thrown all around to make the other leg drop. But a plane fitted with good units dose look right, I might even try a set of electric retracts one day!! The only mod's that I did were to sheet the under side of the wing but could have done the top as well, I found that the wing was very flexible with out this. Also I increased the thickness of the wood on the fuz to 3/32 & put the same on one of the vertical sides of both booms & a steerable nose wheel. The only other thing I wished I had done would be to hide the elevator push rod into the boom and put more detail in the cockpit. Due to an error on my part, by putting under powered motors in I have not had this plane flying yet, and I have a back log on the bench so it will not see an upgrade on the motors for a while.

Regards Jan...........

04/11/2013 11:04:50

Hello Tedebear

This is the one you are talking about

imag0317.jpg

Thread: how many hours?
28/10/2013 13:29:19

TB, if I'm having a long session in the shed, all you have to do is pop back indoors every hour and offer to make coffee/tee ect ect, well it works for me..........

Edited By J V R on 28/10/2013 13:53:38

27/10/2013 23:03:16

Having worked since I left school at 16 & a large portion of that time was spent working 6-7 days a week, 2 years ago I decided to go into semi retirement and work 3 days a week now, so my shed time has increased. I pretty much spend any length of time in there now, when ever I want, as I said in an earlier post every evening when the soap's are on. As long as I do the regular duties not much gets said about shed time..........

27/10/2013 11:55:53

Not excessive in my opinion,I think you could spend a few more hours in the shed......

27/10/2013 10:46:56

Ernie, how many hours do you spend in the shed?? we need a base line to work from !!

I spend at least ( minimum ) 2.5Hr a day after dinner when the soaps are on the box but if the weather is bad then the time spent in the shed would be nearer 6-7Hr. And even more time in the winter months..........

Thread: Mooney 201
23/10/2013 00:03:11

I'm just starting to build the Cambrain Mooney and cannot decide what engine to put in it, my choices are:- SC40 2s@ 479g, OS48 surpass @408g or RCV 58cd @537g. My first choice would be the RCV 58cd but I'm worried about the weight 2nd choice will be the OS48 but I am wondering if it would have enough power, 3 choice will be the SC40 but I would rather fit a 4 stroke engine. Average weight should be around 5lb 6oz according to Cambrain web site. Any suggestions ??

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!