By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for harris

Here is a list of all the postings harris has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
04/11/2012 18:40:19
Posted by GrahamC on 03/11/2012 22:17:48:

Here's an odd one....

Anyone seen Colin?

I bidded on it for a laugh. Somebody else pop a bid upto a million!!!

Thread: Vulcan XH558 BIG NEWS
15/10/2012 16:59:52

I've donated enough over the years and it starts to get tedious.Atleast at Bruntingthorpe you got to go inside the cockpit whilst the engines were running in the early days before they had the idea to return to the sky . I'm sure the whole project could have been manged much better. I wonder where XH558 will retire for the second time, maybe some of the other airframes in the UK could have be a better option to return to the sky than XH558?

15/10/2012 16:33:00

Good I won't have to listen to the constant begging for money anymore! I thought the Vulcan would be flying for about 10 years from what was initially said. Oh well things could have been different if people had managed to sort paperwork out and remove Silica gel bags from the intakes!

Thread: Glass my Zagi
30/09/2012 22:31:06

I think the best thig for a Zagi is petrol and a match then give Alan Head a call and buy a proper combat wing

Thread: Vulcan tour Sat 29th Sept
30/09/2012 22:26:37

I remember being able to look round XM603's stores at an airshow years ago. There was loads of spare parts from what i remember. Does anybody know if the stores are still there which were near the aircraft. Shame it's in a sorry state compared to what it was like years ago. Fingers crossed for it's future.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
21/09/2012 23:28:23

The Dornier is a waste of balsa, best thing for it is some petrol and a match!

Thread: Space Shuttle last flight
21/09/2012 23:25:55

Yea i was there and saw it today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52OuzVkvrs8&feature=g-upl

Thread: BMFA (and Classifieds) Websites
09/07/2012 16:52:27

Maybe they should stop sending the magazine and invest in their classifieds.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 09/07/2012 19:27:13

Thread: first low wing kit
08/06/2012 12:44:28

Super Air with an OS 46AX

Thread: What does your wife or significant other half think of your hobby?
08/06/2012 12:21:24

My misses is ok but moans about buying stuff sometimes. She's off work on maternity leave so it's harder to hide things i buy now. Fortunately she has no interest in my hobby so i can escape to the flying club which is generally a wife free zone

Thread: Recovery stories
15/05/2012 12:18:40

I was slope soaring at Burton Upon Stather ages ago with a Zaggi wing. I bascially lost control because the wind died down and lost sight of it. I never had a lost model alarm so after hunting for an hour i gave up. Flying there 6 months later my SAS Venom did the same thing so i went to retrieve the model using the lost model alarm and what do i stumble across my Zaggi! The tape had faded because the sun and because the model was upside down why Futaba 617FS was in perfect condition.

Thread: more problems with my spektrum
07/05/2012 11:58:57

Another reason to avoid buying Spektrum!

Thread: Air France Airbus Crash
03/05/2012 08:51:47

Hundreds and hundreds of airbus take offs every day--and they all land as well!! smile o and the daft comment of if its not boeing i am not going, sarcastic 2 their aircraft crash as well---many have!!! TOO many!!

Airbus pioneered fly by wire in airliners, smile d i would think the problems are all sorted now,enlightened or dont you think they learn? i flew airfrance last week--TWICE, and you know, it didnt crash once,teeth 2 and it was an airbus too, SHOCK, HORRORsmile o

Fly by wire was actually pioneered on the Concorde by BAC and Aerospatial. Spelt wrong but i can't be bothered to check.

02/05/2012 18:45:58

To be fair about A380 it's no more different than any other aircraft i've been in. i really can't see it being a very interesting job being a long haul pilot these days, take off then a case of check, check, check and check then land, if i was a pilot i would rather do short haul any day.

29/04/2012 20:40:32

Pilots these days reley too much on computers these days instead of proper flying, basically baby sitting the computers.

Thread: Problem os 50 sx
09/04/2012 10:40:18

Thanks for the replys. The needle valve is a remote needle valve. The engine has not been used for a few years and i gave it an overhaul including a new piston ring and back bearing. I can get the engine to run but i can't seem to get it running sweet when i adjust the needle valve and the mixture control in the carb.

I tried a new tank and checked under water to see if there are any leaks, new pipes too and also the fuel pipe on the needle valve to seal it. I tend to get the air bubbles when throttling up and down when it settles and the bubbles dissappear. Could air bubbles cause a massive problem as the engines does not seem to run t full chat ?

Cheers

08/04/2012 23:34:26

Hi

I'm getting problems with my engine where i keep getting air bubbles running through the fuel line. I tried using a new fuel tank but this has not fixed the problem. I think it maybe the O ring on the needle valve possibly. Does anybody agree this maybe the problem or or possibly something else?

Cheers

Thread: What's your favourite ARTF brand?
08/04/2012 23:18:51

Sebart all the way

Thread: New Foamy Wot 4 by Ripmax
01/11/2011 19:19:48
Can i use a 4 cell lipo in it? If not what would be a cheap motor and esc to chuck in it? Pref from Hobbyking or Giant Cod. Cheers
Thread: Have you ever had a mid-air?
26/10/2011 22:27:30
Mid airs are a laugh.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CADMA
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us