By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bill Brown 3

Here is a list of all the postings Bill Brown 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Starter mechanism on RCV 90SP
22/02/2017 16:09:05

Thanks guys for your comments, I am inclined to go with your thoughts on this Jon, I will just have to get a geared starter as it takes a bit of turning being a geared motor.smiley

22/02/2017 15:42:36

Hi all, I have installed an RCV 90SP engine and also bought the starter rod for cranking the motor for starting, the thing is that there is no one way drive ratchet or similar so once the engine fires up the reverse torque unscrews the starting screw which is not desirable when you have to strip the cowl back off to re install it, am I missing something here??? looking forward to some feedback.

Thread: Members new models lets see them.
11/10/2016 14:57:14

T.N. Mustang P51 B

08/09/2016 18:27:18

dscf4215.jpgdscf4214.jpgdscf4213.jpgdscf4212.jpg

08/09/2016 18:25:42

Just completed, T.N. P51B Mustang, powered by an RCV 90sp, retractable tail wheel using a sequencer for the doors.

Thread: OS 46sf replacement
29/12/2014 14:10:27

It may be possible to angle bracket it off the beam mounts.

Thread: Sourcing Teflon/PTFE tube for a canister joiner
29/12/2014 14:06:10

Go on e bay and search "silicone exhaust tube" there are many in various lengths and sizes, most are rated to 300 deg.

Thread: Eze Kote vs f/glass resin
24/12/2014 20:44:54

Thanks for your advise all, I have used the traditional fibre glass matting and resin a few times but not on a model so I am aware of how tricky it is to use, I have found a very good instructional video on the manufacturers site for Ezi Kote, it shows the process from start to finish and although I take on board the advise that it is not as hard a finish it looks to be a doddle to use, so at the moment I am leaning towards giving it a go.

Many thanks once again to you all and I wish a very merry Christmas to you and yours. smiley

24/12/2014 16:21:10

Hi good people, I`m looking for some information from any one who has used Eze Kote, how does it compare to traditional fibre glass resin, I would assume that Eze Kote would still need glass cloth when applied to balsa in order to avoid cracking ? I am currently building the T.N. Mustang and would like to use something that will guard against "transport rash" but have never attempted glassing, I have studied most enlightening the article in R.C.M.&E. by Danny Fenton and found it very useful but looking at resins it seems that Eze Kote would be easier to work with being water soluble prior to hardening maybe.

Any advise from anyone who has used both types would be most appreciated. teeth 2

Thread: Seagull super stearman
13/06/2014 19:52:47

If you measure the cord of the lower wing and add that figure to the amount that the top wing overhangs, (that is from the leading edge to the point directly above the lower wing leading edge) the total figure will give you the total root cord, from there a good place to start is 30% of root cord, measure it out on the underside of the top wing and see how it balances at that point, it normally tends to be about right and you can always make post test flight adjustments if it should be necessary.

Thread: Martins i/c Mustang
23/05/2014 20:01:12

Thanks for that Martin yes

Thread: Free Glue Grab Weekend
23/05/2014 19:57:51

list me among the many please smiley

Thread: Martins i/c Mustang
23/05/2014 15:29:55

Hi Martin, this is looking superb, I have just launched in to building this one too using the c.n.c. pack and like yourself it will be i.c., the plan states to use 3 gram torque micro servos on the flaps & ailerons but seems to have the dimensions of a standard size except that the distance between the bearers measures 38mm and standard servos tend to be 39 to 40mm, can you enlighten me please ? or tell me what servos you have employed, I would be most grateful, cheers Bill

Thread: Vintage wire wheels
22/04/2014 16:39:44

Bargain price there Jim, but they are just pram wheels aren`t they? cheeky

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
04/04/2014 20:39:17

Yes, I was quite pleased crying

04/04/2014 16:35:53

No mate there was some stiff competition, came third out of thirteen blush

04/04/2014 16:20:40

A cracking job on that Beaver Geoff, Jim, has your dementia led to you forgetting to finish covering the fus laugh

Thread: Got this plane, What is it
15/03/2014 20:10:54

If it wasn`t for the shape of the tail plane I would have said it was a Uno Wot

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
13/03/2014 19:44:31

Thanks John, nice of you. smiley

13/03/2014 18:26:08

My scratch built Heinkel HE 51 also almost ready to maiden. Originally a plan for c/l flight so many alterations were required.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!