By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bill Brown 3

Here is a list of all the postings Bill Brown 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Heinkel HE51
13/03/2014 18:11:36

Thanks Danny, hoping to win the tenner Monday. wink

13/03/2014 18:03:30

Your about right there Jim (5p?) thing is, will it fly, or have I created a monster ???? surprise, just finished putting on the rigging wires from the top wing to the tail.

13/03/2014 16:16:19

Final assembly now complete (no doubt things will have to come apart again for final tweaks) but near enough for the club concourse meet on Monday, still a few scale details to add. The kit came with a bit of acetate which you shape and glue on for the windscreen but I made a more realistic one by soldering bits of welding rod and gluing the acetate in with canopy glue.

Thread: The Easy Way
07/03/2014 20:17:36

some are builders first and fliers second while others are fliers first and builders second, nothing wrong with either, but would agree that we have a massive skills gap with the younger generation, not helped either when machining equipment requires a high level of i.t. skills rather than hands on.

Bill (crinkly club member)

Thread: lettering and decals
07/03/2014 19:46:55

Try tim@modelmarkings you get fuel proof vinyl and very, very reasonable

05/03/2014 19:10:15

Thanks Jim, getting near to completion now.

05/03/2014 17:53:55

All the covering & painting is now completed and the insignia applied, the control surface hinges are glued and linkages hooked up. I have managed to plumb up the exhaust system but at the expense of the fuel tank size, I had to come down by one to create sufficient room. Have also added some detail to the office.

Thread: Black Smith Products
05/03/2014 17:41:56

I`ll second that, have used them myself yesyesyes

Thread: asp .91 four stroke
20/02/2014 23:01:40
Make sure you use a locking prop nut or it will spit the prop,it is not mentioned in the manual
Thread: C.O.G. on a bipe
20/02/2014 17:12:46

Some handy and very interesting info there Crispin, thanks very much yes

20/02/2014 14:44:01

Hi all, I am reaching a stage with the first bipe I have built where I need to know exactly where the C.O.G. is and need some hard facts on where and how e.t.c..

I am assuming that I am dealing with the upper wing and the root chord is going to be in line with the fus. sides as it is a varying width wing,I am going for 25% of cord as a starter, feed back on that would be great also.

I have done a rough check with the motor (I.C.)and other various bits in place but not as yet with the battery, I have only two places for the battery, I can use a square pack which would sit approximately below centre top wing, or a flat pack lower down behind the lower wing.

The root chord measuring as described is 117mm so I am looking for a C.O.G. of 29.25mm back from the L.E., at the moment I am surprised that it is slightly tail heavy.

18/02/2014 15:41:25

Have finished routing out the fus to take the exhaust manifolds, all fits well, I can now fill up the intended retaining screw holes in the nose as the manifolds will do this job, also the ailerons have been glued in.

Thread: Flying site fees
18/02/2014 15:27:28

I`m glad we own ours, it keeps the membership fees down teeth 2 yes

Thread: The first FA-22 delivered to Langley
17/02/2014 14:48:37

Is there enough detail in these pics. to knock one up though?laugh

17/02/2014 14:35:31

FIRST FA-22 FIGHTERS DELIVERED TO LANGLEY AIR FORCE BASE.

These are great in-flight photos of the FA-22 as the first aircraft delivery was being made to Langley AFB in Va. Langley is to be the first Operational AFB for the FA-22. It is a very beautiful AFB, located in a picturesque location, as you can see in these photos, near Norfolk and Hampton, Va.

The aircraft flying along with the FA-22 in the last of these photos is the F-15, which will be replaced by the FA-22, which is several times better.

In actual in-flight (simulated) Combat Operations against the F-15, Two FA-22s were able to operate without detection while they went head-to-head against (8) F-15s. The FA-22s scored missile hits (Kills) against all of the F-15 Aircraft and the FA-22s were never detected by either the F-15s or by ground-based radar. Maj. Gen. Rick Lewis said: 'The Raptor Operated Against All Adversaries with Virtual Impunity; Ground Based Systems couldn't Engage and NO Adversary Aircraft Survived'!

FA-22 -- America's most advanced fighter aircraft for the 21st Century!

They're a titanium and carbon fiber Dagger. They're so advanced that if their on-board locator is switched off, even our own satellites can lose track of them.

They're the first military aircraft ever built that is equipped with a '

Black- Out Button'.

What that means is this:
The best conditioned fighter pilots are capable of maintaining consciousness up to in the vicinity of 15+ G. The Raptor is capable of making 22+ G turns. If someday an adversary builds a missile that is capable of catching up to one of these airplanes and a Raptor pilot sees that a strike is imminent, he hits the ' B.O.B. The airplane makes a virtual u-turn, leaving the missile to pass right on by. They know that in the process the pilot will temporarily lose consciousness, so the Raptor then automatically comes back to straight and level flight until he or she wakes back up.

17/02/2014 14:34:28

fa22 3.jpgfa22 4.jpg

fa22 2.jpgfa22 1.jpg

13/02/2014 20:35:34

Also Jim, the stubs are sitting in prop wash so heat dissipation will be very high. nerd

13/02/2014 19:42:10

Jim, I`ll take my chances on that one as the manifolds are about 100mm down line from the engine and to prevent vibration travel will have possibly two high temp (3000c) silicone tube joints to halt the heat spread. yes frown

13/02/2014 18:56:31

Have soldered the inner pipe now on to the manifolds, I bedded the stubs into damp sand so that they didn`t migrate during the process. Need to route out the fus and nose section now to let them in flush and bring the pipes in house for connection to the engine. I can now do away with the original fixing points for the nose and fill up the ugly holes as the manifolds will do this job.

Thread: Vintage Sterling Spitfire Mk.IX modernised
10/02/2014 17:34:33

Looks nice Raimond, I can fully appreciate the effort that the mods take, I am in the final throws of completing a very similar project even down to the "live exhaust stubs" on a Heinkel HE 51, it was a kit intended for c/l flight but is now r/c, take a look at my build blog on here.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!