By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bill Brown 3

Here is a list of all the postings Bill Brown 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Heinkel HE51
27/12/2013 20:12:13

That looks great Jim, what a beauty, your hangar looks just like mine, due for a good dag out to reclaim some space. smile d

27/12/2013 20:11:46

That looks great Jim, what a beauty, your hangar looks just like mine, due for a good dag out to reclaim some space. smile d

27/12/2013 19:32:54

27/12/2013 19:32:37

27/12/2013 19:32:11

27/12/2013 19:31:51

27/12/2013 17:58:58

I have now made the top fus. section containing the "office" and painted up the pilot which is one of Pete`s with the addition of bestowing an iron cross on him, as with other sections of this build i have had to steer away from the plan in order to have access to the servos so it also is removable, here are some pics.

27/12/2013 17:58:25

I have now made the top fus. section containing the "office" and painted up the pilot which is one of Pete`s with the addition of bestowing an iron cross on him, as with other sections of this build i have had to steer away from the plan in order to have access to the servos so it also is removable, here are some pics.

27/12/2013 17:57:15

27/12/2013 17:56:30

27/12/2013 17:55:38

27/12/2013 17:55:23

27/12/2013 17:54:53

27/12/2013 17:54:36

27/12/2013 17:54:26

Thread: to prime or not to prime ....
10/12/2013 19:50:06

Jim, think again about who the guy was that sprayed the car wing because it certainly was not me, I managed a car body shop for 8 years during my employment and a lint laden polishing cloth would be my last choice to wipe down with prior to paint.angry

09/12/2013 20:17:37

John, the reason your varnish coat cracked was because it had a different surface tension to the paint beneath it, however, I would agree with Jim to prime it all following a good wipe with thinners or panel wipe, if the fish eyes are caused by silicone polish you may never get rid in which case try a drop of starchem paint additive code PA-1 or other equivalent anti silicone drops.

Good Luck chap yes

Thread: Vanessa CoG Rig
21/11/2013 17:31:43

Cymaz, at the risk of sounding a bit thick, how did you set the plane level ? was it by setting the tail plane level ?frown

19/11/2013 18:18:05

Hi P622, Would this be a Vanessa Rig?

Thread: Heinkel HE51
11/11/2013 17:59:09

Great, got another fiddly bit constructed, so now (apart from a bit more sanding and profiling) the wheel spats, wheels and strut fairings are about there. I have used bigger wheels (1"3/4) instead of the ones supplied which are only about 30mm, I had to add a small amount more of balsa to widen the spats slightly in order to facilitate them however I am still concerned that the model will have difficulty flying off of grass which is going to be a pain, this only leaves a hand launch which could be disastrous on the maiden if something is out, anyway a worry for later, heres some pics.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!