By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bill Brown 3

Here is a list of all the postings Bill Brown 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Heinkel HE51
21/05/2013 22:07:04

Continuing the wing begins to take shape.dscn2454.jpgdscn2455.jpg And finaly with aileron and hinges fitted but not of course glued at this time.dscn2456.jpg

21/05/2013 22:01:12

Bit between the teeth time then and just to please CS we launch into building the top port side wing altering the ribs e.t.c. and adding some more trailing edge balsa and not forgetting the aileron.dscn2453.jpg The altered trailing edge parts roughed together

21/05/2013 21:52:32

Yes i.c. Erflog, just cant get the electric bug, i want to see what room i`ve got for the engine when the fus is assembled, if i can make an exhaust to keep it in cowl i will and also try to use the scale type manifold six outlets each side, perhaps in ally.

21/05/2013 21:47:53

While waiting for the glue to harden i knocked together the blocks which, after a little sculpting will be the top part of the nose. dscn2449.jpg

21/05/2013 21:43:33

For some reason (call it cowardise if you like) i decided to start by building the lower wing a) because it is straight foreward and b) so i can get a feel for things.dscn2446.jpg.dscn2448.jpg All went well and apart from covering it is finished.dscn2452.jpg

21/05/2013 21:29:18

Try not to let you down CS wink

21/05/2013 20:31:39

I fancied building a bipe so started looking to see what was going for the right price, low and behold, on e-bay a heinkel HE51 kit, the seller claims he does not know anything about it as it was a loft find, 94cm span and intended for a 2.49 diesel, anyway for £30 i thought it was worth the risk especialy as it being an unusual model, it appealed to me, so i put my last few seconds £30 bid in and it was mine.It is intended to use a grey and red colour scheme but i fancy doing it like this one.he 51 drawing.jpg when the kit arrived I discovered that it was of Spanish origin, a company called Modelhob, any wording on the plan was in Spanish but it`s a language i have a bit of a grasp of, the first odd thing i noticed was that it is supposed to have a 20 gram piece of lead fitted in the starboard wing plus a few other things on the plan didn`t quite look right, so i launched the question amongst the much learned members on this site and the consensus was what i suspected, it is intended for control line flight, a discipline i know little or nothing about.dscn2444.jpg Next step then is to alter the plans to facilitate ailerons, i did some research and discovered there were a variety of aileron configurations used both on the real thing and other models which had been built, i decided to go with upper wing only and one that is close to the real thing. You can just see here the direction i intend to go sketched in grease pencil on the poly. sheet covering the plan.dscn2451.jpg More to come later.

Thread: CG advice
15/05/2013 23:13:44

Danos i am no expert but have read somewhere that it should be somewhere between a quarter to a third back from the leading edge.

Thread: Selling my New in a box Eflite Deuces Wild with outrunners
15/05/2013 23:09:21

A friend of mine and fellow club member has just bought an unflown one with the retracts, electrics, motors, everything ready to fly for £160, it`s a lovely model.

Thread: The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)
14/05/2013 10:58:12

I did say sorry Danny, for me there are only three planes, the Spit, the Lanc, and the Hurry so two out of three aint bad. sad

Thread: Enlightenment required please
14/05/2013 10:51:34

You are probably right about Norfolk Tim, watching some footage of the maiden on the build blog (which i`m sure is on an Australian site but could be wrong on that also) there was an English accent and also an Australian one.**LINK**

Thread: The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)
14/05/2013 10:35:03

Thanks Martyn, Harris and Lewis are the Carribean of the U.K., i`m off there for the third time in July having got totaly bored with the Med.

13/05/2013 22:14:44

Some more of bonnie Scotland including the Outer Hebrides, i`m totaly in tune with David.dscf1495.jpgdscf1480.jpgdscf1372.jpgdscf2818.jpgdscf2870 (2).jpgdscf2809.jpgdscf2856.jpgdscf2673.jpgdscf2701.jpg

Edited By Bill Brown 3 on 13/05/2013 22:15:57

13/05/2013 22:08:00

Oh And i forgot the Hawker Hurricane

13/05/2013 22:07:20

Avro Lancaster, Douglas DC Dakota, Supermarine Spitfire but know nothing about jets.

Thread: Servo Tester.
13/05/2013 21:50:30

It will do the job Ross, i have used one just for that purpopse, make sure that your plugs are in as indicated, battery to input with pos. & neg. the right way and any one of the three servo connections can be used once again po. & neg. right way, once powered it takes a few seconds to think and then you will here a short burst of motor noise after which crack on up or down with the knob.

Thread: Enlightenment required please
13/05/2013 21:34:40

Totaly agree with you both, thanks

13/05/2013 17:34:36

Cheers Jim, Am still drooling over the plans to get well aquainted before diving in and now realise that the top wing section over the fus is flat and then carries a 15 degree incline to give the dihedral, have formulated a basic plan for the ailerons which imitate the dimensions of your`s and will also serve to add strength to wing overall as i am not overly impressed with the liteness of the balsa used on the ribs and spars, you can see the plans at http:\\http://jpaeromodels.com/planosvuelocircular/colecction the "circular" bit confirms it to be intended for c/l

13/05/2013 15:23:01

These drawings show two different aileron cofigurations.he 51 drawing.jpg2_22 he51.jpg

13/05/2013 15:19:36

Hi Jim, thanks, i am considering that sort of size allthough going so wide into the tip would involve a bit more work on the plan, on the plan there are two steps out from the centre (above the pilots position) before full wing width, i don`t think i need the second so will do away with it the same as yours, is there any dihedral on the top wing as the plan does not include one?

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!