By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stumps

Here is a list of all the postings Stumps has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
22/04/2016 10:02:55

A 1/6th Hurricane ~ something like the old Mick Reeves job ~ simple to put together but had the right outline. That one looked good from a distance and flew really well too.

Thread: Flying Styles ?
06/04/2016 12:24:45
Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 04/04/2016 18:28:44:

Inverted Lancasters and B29's doing loops and flat spins, and scale models being given the bank and yank kinda irks me. I'm not really sure why, I just think they look better flown in a scale sort of way.

hi Jon,

I read somewhere that Alex Henshaw barrel rolled a Lancaster on a couple of occasions. The mind boggles...

Ant

Thread: BMFA News - Achievement Scheme Mandatory Questions
02/02/2016 13:17:52
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 02/02/2016 12:48:57:

However, as I opened with, the ANO (specifically the four articles 137, 138, 166 and 167), are required to be complied with - even if all you're flying is a paper aeroplane - it makes no difference, you are subject to the law. It therefore makes perfect sense to me that we should expect pilots to know these four brief articles, by heart if necessary. But I appear to be in a minority of one in that view!

BEB

I've been RC flying for near on 25 years and free flight before that. I totally agree with BEB comment above.

Thread: 2016 RCM&E Autumn Special- Free Plan Modellers Choice
02/02/2016 10:25:11

I never thought about that one, but now it's been mentioned the piston Provost would make a great choice. I for one wouldn't mind seeing this one a s free plan...

11/01/2016 14:27:36

Hi Tony,

An enlargement to your 62 inch Hurricane...something along the lines of the Spit...

regards

Stumps

Thread: Ripmax acro wot mk2
31/12/2015 13:57:26

I have an old Irvine 46 swinging a 11/7 prop in mine and standard Futaba 148 servos through out. it flies really well on this engine/prop combo.

Thread: A daft question regarding control snakes
30/12/2015 15:14:43

The really good thing is that this is the first and only time I've used snakes ~ so all the fitting etc. are the correct 2-56 Sullivan stuff.

I did once witness the outcome of incorrectly matched threads... wasn't prettylaugh.

30/12/2015 12:21:41

Thanks to everyone for all of the replies above. I'll try some off them out and see how I get on.

regards

Stumps

24/12/2015 11:17:48

Daft question re snakes…

I’ve been modelling for a number of years, but in all that time I have never used snakes for control runs. For my current project I’m using Gold-N-Rods by Sullivan. So, I’m after any tips on how to screw the threaded rod into the yellow inner cable.

So far, I’ve immersed one end in to hot water which has allowed me to screw the rod in, but is there a better way of achieving this?

Regards

Stumps

Thread: Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat
18/05/2014 08:12:47

I've just recently put one of these in to the air and it has had 15 flights to date. I've balanced slightly to the rear of the recommended balance point and needed around 6 ounces of lead bolted to the engine bearer. All up weight is 5 3/4 pounds and it has a Irvine 46 up front turning a 11/7 prop.

It flies a treat and a mention else where in this thread doesn't like slowing down in light wind conditions. Mind you, I found keeping the nose slight high on approach and maintaining height with the throttle always allows it to slow enough for a smooth landing and short roll out.

In essence it a really nice model to play with and I really like flying it thumbs up.

Stumps

Thread: New TN 70" Spitty
25/08/2010 10:57:31
Just a quick question, do you think a Laser 100 would be man enough for this one?

regards
Stumps
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us