By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lee Smalley

Here is a list of all the postings Lee Smalley has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Looking for a Kit to build
29/01/2009 22:29:28
may i also suggest the galaxy range of kits they all fly beautifully and now they are cnc cut they fit together much better!!!
Thread: Work, diy, building, flying -
29/01/2009 22:24:33
Hi All ive been building and flying  aircraft for 20 plus years since i was about 12
from the KK Senator to the full house aerobatic aircraft i can now afford but can't find the time to fly em !!! great eh now i can afford them i can't fly them !!!
Im a traditional kind of guy and i don't have a passion for ARTFs i love to build from kits and plans and im starting to dabble in scale, having been bought a blizzard for christmas i am at the moment having a ball with that !! as well as finishing off a 1/6th scale Stuka complete with bomb drop and siren and im just starting to come round to El*"tr!c power (wow that blizzard) but i love the smell of castor in the morning, i have work in 2 model shops during my time (paid badly) so i have plenty experience in this wonderful hobby of ours!!   and yet i know nothing !!
Thread: Mounting of sc 46 abc engine
29/01/2009 22:05:47
its not really the oil pooling but rather excess fuel, as we never really tune our engines perfectly ( or at least i don't) as a result when you open the throttle the engine coughs as it burns off the excess fuel in an ideal world the tank level should be slightly lower than the center line of the carb / spraybar but obviously this is somtimes impossible and not all engines are the same, take the Laser engines their carb is mounted at the top of the engine !! try getting your tank level with that !!! and yet they run so well scalers swear by them!!!  so im afraid you are back to square 1.
Find out what works for you and stick by it 
Thread: Multiplex Problem Help!!
29/01/2009 21:56:07
thanks stephen i will try to get hold of it the distributers have not been much help they seem to think its not spotting the center point of my trims Ehhh???   
26/01/2009 23:56:35
i have had my blizzard for a while now and its fitted with the tuning motor pack and controller its top aircraft (dont like fomies) flies really well but i want the brake set to on just so i can see what its like at soaring (if we get any decent soaring weather) and i have followed the instructions implicitly to access the prog menu but no matter what i do i just cant access it i get to the first step then nothing anyone any experience with this ESC????
Thread: Mounting of sc 46 abc engine
26/01/2009 23:50:24
the engine mounting does not matter to its ability to run most problems stem from the tank installation as the engine is rotated the carb position changes and as a result the tank will need adjusting in centre line height most people forget or cant be bothered to do this and as a result the tank is in too high a position and and during periods of low throttle excess fuel can syphon through cooling the plug to a point it just quits, for people to be suprised it lasted so long shows what they know about tank position  
Thread: I Need a trainer
26/01/2009 23:39:17
To suggest a Precision Aerobatics Addiction   after a multiples easy star is potty and a recipe for disaster the segull e pioneer is much more the idea its ARTF from balsa and ply construction CHEAP easy to fly and if you wind up the throws as your experience grows it will do all you can do and more and yet is stable enough on low rates to be a very good trainer, i have seen this aircraft teach total newbies and then when the controls are taken by our resident PRO a flick of a switch and its doing barelly rolling circuits 
Thread: SC 52 Advice and help
24/11/2008 20:30:00
Just somthing to check i had an super tigre that was doing the same thing and it was only after vast amounts of time that i noticed somthing the carb barrel sis not seem to be rotating right and it sooned dawned that during my stripdown and clean i had not put the barrel in correctly and it was not running in the track cut in the carb barrel hence as i lowered the throttle the idle needle was not being pushed far enough into the carb body and the engine ran like a dog check that there is not excessive play laterally in the carb barrel this can mean the bolt that is supposed to sit in the track and guide the barrel in and out during rotation may not be in properly, i felt like a proper charlie only been modleing since i was 10!!!
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!