By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuphedd

Here is a list of all the postings Stuphedd has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: CAA ID number discussion
21/02/2020 20:29:23

Flying drones or model aircraft

Always check that anyone who flies your drone or model aircraft has a valid flyer ID.

If you’ll fly a drone or model aircraft yourself, you’ll need a flyer ID. You may be asked to show your flyer ID or operator ID to a police officer or other official.

I got mine at 13.49 this afternoon , no mention of the general exemption ??

cheers

I

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
01/02/2020 18:51:28

I like the 504N !

I have been trying to "come up with something different "!! so to speakimg_1777.jpg

Thread: Anyone going sub-250g?
26/01/2020 17:29:20

Nearly all our club have at least one of those Eflite UMX "things " in our cars that comes out each weekend , They do fly in all weathers , OK you have to fight them in Gales ! but they keep you on your toes .

5 Sbachs 2 Yaks ,1Striker 1 Corsaire , and If you trash one , then you can build a rubber job and put the bits in it , like what I did on my Great lakes .and still well within the 250 .

There are only 7 of us in our club !!may-19-2019_6119z.jpg

Thread: Trendsetters and Iconic Models over the Years?
20/01/2020 14:56:19

The Formosa is the most relaxing plane to fly , and very popular in our club , great for doing very precise aerobatics and getting ready for the B test , Possibly a classic ?? and if it was still produced there would be many more and then it may probably be a "Classic ".

but for me , A 1968 Ugly Stik taught me RC , then the Wot 4 plan built , but now I have degenerated to foam things , EFX s etc.

Thread: Do you love some of your engines so much you don't fly them?
15/01/2020 16:59:25

My motor is a Mills 2.4 which my dad gave me sometime in the 50s.

It would start with just a gentle flick and lived permanently on the end of the work bench , all bolted down ready to go , Then in the 60s I swapped it for a Seagull outboard motor in need of some TLC to a collector,

This collector passed away a few years back and his son finding a note in the Mills box relating to its passed history got in touch and very generously gave it back to me ,

I shall give it to my son who has no interest in boats , but loves and flies diesels ! So it may fly ??

cheers

Thread: Pureists Look Away
21/12/2019 12:01:40

I hear what you say "Oh Oily One " and you having helped me previously I shall put my Bunch Mighty Midget back in its box !!( it needs an ignition coil??)

And yes I would go appo at the wanton destruction of an Oliver !!

cheers

21/12/2019 10:09:22

All good comments , Thank you , which encourage me to try stuff ??!! What next /or improve ?

A duff 4 stroke with all the open rocker gear in motion would be good !Shame I gave my open Enya 4stroke away!!

My interest in Cox es comes from the TD range in the 1/2 A pylon racing, TD 051s I did try a TD 09 in one, a Rollason Beta , home design , but too fast and too small !

Merry Time to one and all

Pete

20/12/2019 21:22:42

Thanks Phil, thats really useful info .

I guess it was the same guy I saw at the Nats , He did not speak English and the limit of my German is Drie Beir Bitter , so I learnt very little from him .

The larger conversions are easier as the motors dont have to hide inside the tank , But I wonder why anybody would want to ?? I made mine for fun !

cheers

20/12/2019 18:19:29

Yep the prop is far too pitchy! and 6x3 is the right prop for a scale engine , but it would be on a 2s, It has a 4300KV at present , the only motor I had with a smallish dia, but on a 3s it gets a little warm ! I do need to work on the cooling .blush

cheers

20/12/2019 14:33:07

I got bored with reading about the CAA stuff and the terrible weather , so went to look in my pile of junk , ( my garage ).!

lots of old Cox bits , except a duff head , collected as a school boy for the odd 10 bob here and there , and I remember I saw a Cox with a brushless motor in the tank running at the Nats this year and being an engineer it "inspired "me to see how difficult it would be to make one .

So I set to and did just that , hence the photo, one comment already is that with such a large tank for a cox and being full of electrons it should run for ever ,

The pure IC lads will probably object , but a project that gives junk another life is always good img_1688.jpg

Thread: edf tube
02/12/2019 22:52:39

Hi not quite sure what you mean? But lately I have been "playing " with fan exit tubes , jet tubes, to see what effect it might have on my Mig 29.

I assumed the tube should reduce in diameter to about 80% at the end , as this would be the same area as the Fan ring , and gives about 7 deg included angle to the jet pipe , I machined various tapered tubes and shrunk pop bottles onto them so to get a good smooth surface ,light and easy to do.

I already had a static thrust test rig so it was only a few hours work .

the results were NOT what I expected and were somewhat puzzling , .

The best Static thrust was the parrallel tube with no convergence ??!! and the proof was in the flying , cos it was the best too .

The main thing to do is make sure the wires to the motor , which normally clutter up the jet tube are suitably streamlined./

cheers

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
29/11/2019 11:48:27

BBC News today

"Today is Black Friday , owners of drones need to register their drones by today or face the a possible fine of £1000"

A bit to the point I think !

cheers

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
22/11/2019 11:42:31

Saito 82 powered, will need a very smooth field !img_1628.jpg Groove

Thread: Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale
15/11/2019 22:31:59

The best TEX in my experience was Polytex ! The advert for it was that "they" covered a golf ball to prove it went round corners.A lot easier to work with than Solartex . .

I was lead to believe that Polytex was bought out by a rival company that closed it down !??

cheers

Thread: Looking for a 1930s low wing racer plan
05/11/2019 21:57:04

**LINK**

05/11/2019 21:48:58

Gee Bee D type

Aerofred free plan

Google it for photos

Thread: Your best vacuum cleaner?
01/11/2019 21:51:45

My Vorwerks were "excused" domicile duties years ago , and were given a second life in the garage , where one hangs up over the lathe to suck up the swarf and the second is used to provide the "suck " for vacuum forming .As they have a suck pipe at one end and a blow one at the other ,they are very versatile hobbyist equipment .

then there are probably some left for spares but never needed them .

31/10/2019 18:42:06

I am a fan of Dysons, the old DC versions , as spares are usually free from the tip, and reco ones are only £35,off the market , But they are heavy ,hence very cheap from old people who have stairs , I live in a bungalow .

I resisted to "pressure" and we got a G tec , ! super light , quality cheap as chips , but its used every day, batteries failed after 10 months ! , BUT once a month out comes the Dyson to get to the parts that G Tec misses , mainly getting dust out of the carpets because the G tec just does not have all those Kws .

The German Verwork used to be very good , it had 2 motors !

Thread: Stampe SR7 building blog
31/10/2019 18:28:36

Thanks chaps , as a Stampe is to a Tiggie may I state the obvious similarity to a Chippie? with the Stampe fin !

another great subject

cheers

31/10/2019 16:53:18

It would be good to publish a photo of the real thing , so That I may get all enthusiastic ??!!

cheers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us