By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuphedd

Here is a list of all the postings Stuphedd has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Perry carbs.
16/07/2019 12:03:35

I found and still do that Perry carbs and pumps are brilliant , and once you keep them clean like Colin says they are excellent !!

I also found that lots of people did not like them , so I offered to look after the carbs for them !! if you get my drift !

cheers

Thread: Malcolm Corbin Easy Street
15/07/2019 11:38:40

dscf6809.jpgdscf6808.jpgdscf6807.jpgdscf6806.jpgdscf6805.jpgdscf6804.jpg

14/07/2019 18:00:22

OK will do ASAP bit hot in the attic !!smiley

cheers

13/07/2019 21:11:44

If any photos of my installation may help?? just ask !

cheers!

12/07/2019 22:32:52

If its any help I use a 1700kv Mystery motor 2836, with a 40 amp ESC with 2000 lipos , with SD200 servos

The motors were from ebay for £11 complete with the esc (each) and still going strong !! a long time ago

I actually have 3 Easy Streets smiley and a Crossfire !

All fast and smooth .

My mate put a Hyperion motor in his and it was faster than mine !

Thread: Weston Park Worth the Risk of Showers?
16/06/2019 12:32:30

I did go !! And it was muddy and got muddier as the day progressed,it rained for about an hour 1 ish to 2 which did not help the mud , but I have seen it worse on one occasion .

I took 2 friends who have never been before and they thought it was fantastic, we got there at 8.45 and left at 19.06,

a long ish day , ! the flying as usual was brilliant and mind boggling , did not spend much cos I have enough"stuff" already .

Would I go again with the same weather forecast ?????

You bet I would !!

Thanks Weston !

13/06/2019 18:32:09

I dont think I have ever missed the Weston show .

I have enjoyed it every time , Torrential rain , wind blowing the Trade tents down , just about everything weather wise, so a few showers are no reason not togo !! .

If you go, take some boots , there could be a bit of mud about .

Go for it ! a great experience !

cheers

Thread: Programming AR636A
11/06/2019 12:34:17

Thanks Denis .very easy to understand instructions .

My problem appears that I get no response from either of my two Rxes , both of which came out of genuine E flite Planes, from the laptop or I phone . it almost appears that my cable a 3081 is " Faulty " .but I doubt it really . I dont have the USB type cable yet !! Therefore I cannot get past "Start/go" "

cheers

11/06/2019 08:44:20

Hi Bruce and 636a addicts.

I have had no luck trying to program my 636Aor 6335 at all, I use the sp3081 from my laptop and my iphone and all I get is "RX communication down " !!

I tried to register my RXes and it just comes up with Serial number not recognised ?? I am not sure which of all the numbers on the back of the rxes they want ?? I was trying to register them so that I could "update" them .

Has anybody got any clues or examples I can follow ??

and I am NOT a computer genious blush

cheers

Thread: Drone harassment
07/06/2019 10:35:05

We had first hand experience of a Drone Visit the other weekend .

We were a small group of fliers . 5 of us flying at a pretty remote field , with permission , when a Drone suddenly appeared at roughly 500 ft .

I was flying and shouted to the others who watched its progress as I landed my aircraft only to find he was actually now below me on the same approach direction, it then swerved off and arrived next to the pilots box at about 5ft away and high .

It then proceeded to the cars and examined every boot interior.Some of us wanted to "bat it out of the sky" but we did not think this wise , could have been a gang on them !!

It only left after a long long time , did not know lipos could last that long ! Climbed very high and eventually disappeared from sight ! Phew !! but returned a few minutes later but rapidly shot off when the helis were launched !

What could we have done ?? without knowing where it came from or went ??

not seen since yet!

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
30/05/2019 18:02:51

img20190530_17501502.jpgimg20190530_17480206.jpgJust reading an E flite Sukhoi instruction manual ! I know its a rare thing to do surprise but I noticed two points of American "law" which shows where they are , I think indecision

29/05/2019 14:50:51

The "less than " 250 grms is the way I shall initially go as I have over 10 already and most will fly in any conditions .

The E Flite UMX range fits the bill as well as the bigger Edge 540 which comes in at exactly 249 !

The little Great Lakes is well within !

They dont tend to be relaxing but if its fun you are after without paying for it , the choice is yours

cheers

Thread: Battle of Britain film.
28/05/2019 11:42:38

I am quite surprised no one has mentioned the "models "

I remember hanging in Geoff Franklins shop in Leicester the remnants of a very burnt RC Spit which he flew with a few other RC pilots for the film . Look at the exploding aircraft and spot the balsa !!

He said they were asked to just fly a pattern over and over again untill the producer got the right shot and suddenly the aircraft you were flying "blew up" no warning ,you just ended up with the TX !!

interesting days !

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
21/05/2019 11:37:21

may-19-2019_6129z.jpgmay-19-2019_6119z.jpgA week or so ago I put some flying shots of my little Great Lakes on its first flight ,

As it flew I had decided to "paint it up " Steve Jones suggested I did'nt so I just added the wheel spats and the Pilot which actually locks the lipo in position, He sits on it like a parachute and his shoulders "jam " under the sides of the cockpit , So it is now ready for the sub 250 grm in November !may-19-2019_6107z.jpg

Thread: Early Morning Flying Followed By........
18/05/2019 10:12:26

Hi Percy ,

You may well be right about the Sunderlands , I remember them flying off the lake ,so you see I must have been pretty young and impressionable in those days !

and Spitfires out of Fookburgh ,but no doubt they were Hurricanes wink

cheers

17/05/2019 22:05:52

Real Flying boats were operational from White Cross bay on Windermere during the war ,.It was a great place to live ,before the towerists and crag rats !

And much later watched the Dambusters film makers using the lake for practising ,and later still looking down onto the Vulcans thundering up the lake from Gummers How .

Regards

Westmorlander !

17/05/2019 19:33:44
http://www.lakelandcam.co.uk/
a fix every day 11
Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
06/05/2019 22:14:44

My diminutive Sterling Great Lakes fitted with UMX radio going for its Maiden and then siting on top of a telewag pole .

so it flew !!!

now it can be "painted up "

cheers

may 05 2019 gl002.jpgmay 05 2019_gl001.jpg

Thread: CAA registration consulation
01/05/2019 09:12:51

Its all been said before , but my feelings

It is an affront to our hobby , Big Brother and all that !

The cash is not that important BUT when you think of it , The £16.50 is a lot more than my weekly wage when I first flew RC.

so thats my perspective .

cheers

Thread: Unusual full size aircraft that would make something different to build!
22/04/2019 13:30:54

su47.07 (small).jpgThe SU 47 flies great, photos from my albumsu47.06 (small).jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Motion RC
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us