By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuphedd

Here is a list of all the postings Stuphedd has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale
15/11/2019 22:31:59

The best TEX in my experience was Polytex ! The advert for it was that "they" covered a golf ball to prove it went round corners.A lot easier to work with than Solartex . .

I was lead to believe that Polytex was bought out by a rival company that closed it down !??

cheers

Thread: Looking for a 1930s low wing racer plan
05/11/2019 21:57:04

**LINK**

05/11/2019 21:48:58

Gee Bee D type

Aerofred free plan

Google it for photos

Thread: Your best vacuum cleaner?
01/11/2019 21:51:45

My Vorwerks were "excused" domicile duties years ago , and were given a second life in the garage , where one hangs up over the lathe to suck up the swarf and the second is used to provide the "suck " for vacuum forming .As they have a suck pipe at one end and a blow one at the other ,they are very versatile hobbyist equipment .

then there are probably some left for spares but never needed them .

31/10/2019 18:42:06

I am a fan of Dysons, the old DC versions , as spares are usually free from the tip, and reco ones are only £35,off the market , But they are heavy ,hence very cheap from old people who have stairs , I live in a bungalow .

I resisted to "pressure" and we got a G tec , ! super light , quality cheap as chips , but its used every day, batteries failed after 10 months ! , BUT once a month out comes the Dyson to get to the parts that G Tec misses , mainly getting dust out of the carpets because the G tec just does not have all those Kws .

The German Verwork used to be very good , it had 2 motors !

Thread: Stampe SR7 building blog
31/10/2019 18:28:36

Thanks chaps , as a Stampe is to a Tiggie may I state the obvious similarity to a Chippie? with the Stampe fin !

another great subject

cheers

31/10/2019 16:53:18

It would be good to publish a photo of the real thing , so That I may get all enthusiastic ??!!

cheers

Thread: Electric Thrust
22/10/2019 13:58:40

15 years or so I built a thrust rig using strain gauges and linear frictionless bearings to try and understand this new brushless power system that was becoming popular but info was very limited .

It worked , and I got lots of data , re current , speed , prop size etc but all static figs and was of use only as a comparator , not actual lbs of thrust.

Last week I dug it out to test some exhaust /jet tubes I had made for a EDF Mig 29 . The fan assy alone , a short jet tube , a long jet tube , and various convergent nozzles .

I was very surprised to find out the fan alone gave the greatest static thrust , So the rig went back in the cupboard !

I flew the aircraft with the various jet pipes and it actually flew best without one !!!

cheers

Thread: Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale
18/10/2019 14:45:30

I think the last time I contributed to this thread was 24 9 15, and I have not finished it yet ,

BUT the Porter has been sold on and hence I have an engine , DLE, that will allow me to continue with the build .

I am not a fan of fixed incidences , and I do like them to be adjustable to some extent , see the post on the 29 /9/15 to see the mechanism on the top wing support to allow this , Preference on my other bipes has always zero to a tad of negative for the top and zero to plus 3 on the bottom , sedate is not my style , but the flying of the Stampe will need to be a bit of tuning to be sure !!

cheers

Thread: Jet Packs
18/10/2019 08:37:15

Watched it in total disbelief!! Brilliant

My first job was to"play " with peroxide rockets for the "industry ", so aware of the dangers ! Its OK when you are a youngster but a sense of self preservation kicks in later.

There are plans on how to make homemade HTP rockets out of sparklet bulbs on the net , and they work !!

PP

Thread: WHAT size prop for a Hacker B20
17/10/2019 19:01:29

10x7 to 12x4

google Esprit Tech

Thread: Ammo Box for Lipos ??
14/10/2019 18:26:25

Thanks chaps ,

I now know which way to progress .smiley

cheers

14/10/2019 11:40:01

I feel now I ought to get an " Ammo Box " in which to store and transport my growing collection of lipos .

Looking on line there are many to choose from , so I would welcome any suggestion as to the best size and useability which would suit the average leccy flier !

so any experience /advice would be welcome

thanks

cheers

Thread: Model Retrieval (or not)?
11/10/2019 22:25:10

In the past when we flew next to a wood , we used a bow and arrow , with fishing line on a pop bottle so the line released itself off the end of the bottle tied to the arrow .

Fire it as close to the plane as poss and use the line , to pull the plane out off the tree,

Use a long line so both ends can be handled with a chap at each end ,If you are good enough the put the arrow through a wing , tie a stick to one end of the line and just pull .

The bow and arrow (S) can be very rudimentary !!

cheers,

Thread: BMFA 'B' Test Video Available
09/10/2019 12:38:51

personally I think the vid is very good . If anything I would add a few "advices" to it about common problems that people might encounter .

Like the bunt seems a popular one , my problem with it was the torque effect when I powered up to complete the bunt , keeping it on line was just a matter of practice and more practice , but starting with a very well trimmed and set up model to your personal "happy" spec is essential !

Entering the 3 turn spin can be a little difficult to predictably enter without a little "help" ,But there again it differs from model to model .

Fly smoothly , most examiners are out to pass you not fail you !

cheers

Thread: Club Night?
01/10/2019 12:22:35

Club nights used to be well attended ! But one reason for the decline is that for obvious reasons they are held at night . Now the average age of members is getting "high" and some members dont enjoy driving at night and avoid it where possible .Eyes do deteriorate !

I dont see a way out of this .

our club meetings are always held at the field and always have 100% attendance , reason ?? there are only 7 of us !

cheers

Thread: Home Made CNC/Laser Cutter
27/09/2019 12:19:30

Interesting !

any idea of the ball park total cost less the Dremel??

cheers

Thread: How To Make an Ultra Micro R/C Plane & Beat the New Rules !
23/09/2019 15:36:51

may 05 2019_gl001.jpgMy Great Lakes is well under the 250 limit !may-19-2019_6129z.jpg

Thread: Hangar 9 Ultra Stik 10cc
09/09/2019 22:07:56

rimg0351 (small).jpgwith all thrimg0336 (small).jpgis talk of Stiks and Sticks , where does my Extra Stick fit in ??? it is a bitsa , I saw the wings at Weston , and built the rest eyeing up photos ans scaling then to suit , and its alum stringered as is my wont .

cheers

cheers

Thread: August Nationals 2019
26/08/2019 10:33:30

Yep a great day(s) out! thanks BMFA .Met lots of mates and missed a few of them too !sad

The weather certainly made up for last year , possibly a little too much !! The swap meet was good but its where your heart rules your head ! Do you need it or do you want it ??? I needed nothing , after 50 odd years , did I want things , by jove I did ! So how to the purchases past my other half , well thats todays challenge ! After mastering those flat spins

cheers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us