By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuphedd

Here is a list of all the postings Stuphedd has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
14/06/2020 20:27:12
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VAZhWD17p0Y
Maidened my Genet Moth today !
13/06/2020 18:18:13

What a superb model !!

I have admired the SB6 since I had one as a radiator mascot on my 1947 MG TC , still got the SB6 but car long gone.

Bring back the past !

cheersimg_2229.jpgSB6

Thread: Things that have dropped off in flight
11/06/2020 19:34:15

The club was doing a demo at the local steam fair, Ross did a fastish touch and go with his SE5 , the flight pack came though the bottom of the airframe and the plane flew away never to be seen again .

Something dropped off as the engine cut on Alans bipe , he deadstick landed it perfectly on the patch and found it engineless .

A bipe I sold to a guy who immediately put a pilot in the cockpit , Whilst doing aerobatics the pilot ejected ,and tuned off the radio on his way out, the switch was in the cockpit to!!

cheers

Thread: Lidl Auto Gyro Glider
09/06/2020 14:02:16

I love people who think out of the box and are up to a challenge !!dont know

It will be "fun "

Thread: Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale
07/06/2020 19:08:33

img_2217.jpg Sta SilJust too wet to fly today , so made me a wrap round Pitts type silencer for the DLE ,It still needs welding . It almost fits inside the cowling, will only need a small blister .smileyimg_2216.jpg Sta Sil You might want to turn it upside up !!

Thread: Mini Cat by H Gilks
01/06/2020 13:19:22

Harry Gilks was a member of our club , there were only 5 of us , so a close formed crew.Harry was a constant builder and he would build planes for the rest of us to try out for him and once sorted we would combat them to destruction !

Not PC in todays world but brilliant fun back then .

I remember the Orange drop , lemon Drop and the lime drop I dont know if they ever were "planned " Must try to find some photos .

I only have 2 gripes about Harry ,

One , he flew the wrong mode and 2, he always left the pins in the the models he gave us , which was ok till they needed repair . The good point was he hated CB radio , but It was a great excuse for crashes !!

Good memories .

Cheers

Thread: SPACE X LAUNCH
31/05/2020 10:21:02
https://youtu.be/aUJoESpNk_Y
some of you may remember "our " effort !! and just as exciting to me
Thread: Oleo's on larger models
21/05/2020 10:03:14

I know this might be " NON scale " but I use Gas struts from cupboard doors , On my big Porter , Stampe and Waco and they do the job well, All DLE 30 powered .

cheap as chips from ebay

cheers

Thread: The Lockdown Restrictions Have Been Relaxed. Who's Been Flying?
13/05/2020 17:47:09

windy , most blue in the sky , perfect for a bit of fast flying .at midday ! After mowing !

gosh it felt good !

still smiling ! several hours later , and some what exhausted smiley

Thread: Das Liddle Stik
24/04/2020 19:54:51

May 1968. R/C Modeler plan and article , my first multi propo aircraft. , taught me a lot !

on the plan it shows angled bevels driving the airerons , , looks like 60 degree ones , so the up aileron will go more than the down one , I cannot remember the throws ,

But dont use washout as its a symetrical wing

cheers

21/04/2020 18:27:12

img_2008.jpgcould not resist putting it together to see what it looks like !!

15/04/2020 19:39:08

I know its somewhere in this epic thread, BUT

what does the Stampe need in the way of side thrust and down thrust ???

Please

14/04/2020 20:33:11

waco050213 001 (small).jpgwaco040213 002 (small).jpgThe Pitts type silencer must be the way to go , and seeing Pegasus 's one definately

I made a silencer for my Waco to fit inside the cowl , 8 or 10 gauge ally and it certainly deadened the DLE crackle.

Now to find some big bore ally tube !waco040213 001 (small).jpg

Thread: My Wildthing 60 has died in the loft !
13/04/2020 14:59:56

I have just gone into the garage loft to check on my "Planes ", The garage is separate from the house and I live in the country .

My FU2 wings have lodgers !! I lifted them/it up and they were very heavy and rattled ,

I also feed the birds and have a 12kilo bag of peanuts handy , except they are now balast between every rib and in the "D" section ! a field mouse I guess is the culprit !

The only way in or out is through the 1" diameter hole for the servo wires , so its a long shake ? I shall have to join a band as a casternet player !

other wise it has died !

13/04/2020 11:19:21

yes please Pegasus , any advice/help would be very welcome , as would any comments from Bert!

And like Bert the Stampe will eventually end up as my sons !

I have modded it wing wise as both sets are in two pieces , I did show them on this thread years ago , So its about time I finished the old gel .And now seamed a good time to do it !!

Thanks chaps

stay safe

12/04/2020 20:13:55

I would like to see a photo of Alans installation ??

If there is one availiable

cheers

12/04/2020 11:07:00

its a DLE30 ! Same as our Waco and as I said out of the Porter so a well proven unit ! .

we shall see.

That bulk head is not strong enough so will need a bit of modding , Now I know I can fit the engine , I can start the re-inforcement plan !

cheers

and I will save up for a decent cowl (thanks )

11/04/2020 21:54:26

img_1955.jpgA return to the "build" after many years , The Porter has been sold so the engine has been freed up to put in the Stamp.

So today I started to see if I could fit it into/onto the Fuz, It will need a bit of added strength to be built in , but so far it looks possible . A moulded cowl would make a large difference relative to the "Room ".

cheersimg_1954.jpgers

Thread: STERLING KIT
06/04/2020 18:09:24

see Forum Members new models .26/03/2020

My Great Lakes , from a Sterling kit !

cheers

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
03/04/2020 22:18:46

img_1918.jpgChanged the work bench to a green one to finish it off so this is how it panned out img_1917.jpg

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!