By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuphedd

Here is a list of all the postings Stuphedd has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Unusual full size aircraft that would make something different to build!
22/04/2019 13:30:54

su47.07 (small).jpgThe SU 47 flies great, photos from my albumsu47.06 (small).jpg

Thread: Leprechaun, a vintage glider
09/04/2019 18:26:58

What a super job , I love the workshop , and its tidy !!

I too have a Leprechaun , very old very battered , and its build is somewhat basic /original , I just cannot bring myself to set fire to it ! Anyway the mice have adopted it for the winter !

well done lads

cheers

Thread: What's your do everything model, or do you have one of everything?
04/04/2019 13:35:54

I have a problem with favourite planes ,

When a plane becomes my favourite , I'm afraid of breaking it so dont fly it , hence another plane becomes my favourite , and so on and on and on ! ( so I lots of favourites !!)

cheers

Thread: Russian Drone - Horrific
01/04/2019 10:17:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZCH1492CzA
01/04/2019 10:07:48

It reminds me of the time when helis became "flyable ! There is /was a u tube vid of an american flying a heli with a repeater shotgun strapped to it !! in hunting mode!

I think that was why one of my lads got into helis !!

cheers

Thread: Does your club prohibit the use of after-market receivers?
21/03/2019 10:09:51

I mainly fly Sanwa 2.4 , very very reliable , never a single problem .( but no clone rxs availiable )

My problem with a "Ban " is that not too many people ( modern ) have ever heard of Sanwa !! and would ban it in pure ignorance !

cheers

Thread: Merco Engines
19/03/2019 22:06:38

I believe when Gerald Smith became "old " his friend John Scott Scott of Skylon fame helped Gerald finish off his final batch of engines ,

John was a fine engineer and had a workshop to be envied . Now he did convert many Mercos as well as many other makes to petrol, and worked with ED in the early days .May be one of his ????

cheers

Thread: Big Trouble in Model Britain
09/03/2019 22:44:08

I enjoyed it but found some facts a "little close to home "!

Like when the Airfix builder went into His well stocked garage of many boxes of unbuilt kits , and added that he was a member of S.A.B.L.E.!!

( Stock Available Beyond Life Expectancy )

surprise

Thread: A Very vintage vintage
27/02/2019 10:01:23

A great shame David ,

get it repaired as quickly as poss . and better luck next time

Pete

Thread: Hobby king Fokker E111
23/02/2019 10:20:37

I have a smaller version about 3 ft span , I dont know who "made " it, but it was a kit . it is highly undercambered .

I was given it , so no history . The maiden did not go "well" but it survived , now it flies slow and scale like ,BUT the horizontal stab , all flying , is set VERY VERY negative , approx 10degs . Probably all due to the undercambered wing incidence.

cheers

Thread: A Very vintage vintage
18/02/2019 17:30:07

Super job DC!

Just remember to be very gentle on the throttle lever .

What weight did it finish up as ??

I think the pilot makes it .We are probably going to need one !.

cheers PW

Thread: Aldi Bench Drill
15/02/2019 18:27:08

I got one of the Cheapies years ago , the chuck was pure rubbish and actually flew to bits , I wear glasses luckily .

the taper fit and run out and hence the vibration when trying to "drill" was very apparent .

A new chuck from Proops and its been perfect ever since . It was from Lydl cos Aldi came later .

cheers

Thread: Digital incidence meter
13/02/2019 21:36:51

img_0035.jpgThere are lots of apps you can use !

Thread: ASP 61FS Just Stopped !!
11/02/2019 17:09:22

and to Laser Jon ,

thanks for the offer of a crank pin , but see above , But bear in mind for the future that between us we have the solution , should someone else suffer from this problem .

I am banking on the OS crank no failing , it is in fact a far better quality manufacture !

cheers

Pete W

11/02/2019 17:03:53

with the help of E.D. ,I have fitted an OS crank and it ran yesterday and was "Spot on "! I recon smoother ?

so thanks to all for their help yes

Pete

Thread: Engine Identification
06/02/2019 19:46:37

Percy V mentioned Gerald Smiths Skylark

Here are a few more worth noticing !!!dscf6713.jpg

Thread: Probuild Infinity.....help required
03/02/2019 22:38:12

excl 004.jpgI am building an Excelsoir at present .From a kit

Much modified in as much as built up tail feathers , and the UC mounted on the fuz, and it did not come with a cowl Piped Rossi power.

Have enclosed a couple of photos ,but id you want "detailed info " drop a line ,

cheers

Peteexcl 003.jpg

Thread: Saws..A Cutting Question.
31/01/2019 21:18:43

I use a bandsaw for everything ! and for cutting the centres out of formers , I just cut one slot into the centre cut it out and then glue the slot back up ,and cover it up with a stringer !

Get a good selection of of bandsaw widths and teeth , biggest pain is changing the blade , and you can prolong their life by brazing them together when they break .

cheers

Thread: What does your wife or significant other half think of your hobby?
26/01/2019 15:44:42

I think she accepts its the lesser of all the other evils I have ! but it does keep me out the pub .

cheers !!wink

Thread: Prop rotation
22/01/2019 14:23:48

You may feel a bit of a plonker, dont we all sometimes ?, but not as much as the guy on here some years ago says he took his running ic plane out to the patch revved it up to do his checks , and it went backwards !!

He said the problem was that he had put the prop on backwards !! ( Think about it ! )He posted very little after that

I wonder if it was a pusher!

cheers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2018
Revoc
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us